Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Russia Paid The Taliban To Kill American Soldiers In Afganistan

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Russia Paid The Taliban To Kill American Soldiers In Afganistan

Post by Rate This » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:38 pm

UP906 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:18 pm
audiophile wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:51 am
UP906 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:36 am
And I'll add this...

I believe that Donald Trump is the right man for the job right now. I think he's a hippy peacenik and is the only thing standing between you hawkish folks and being burned to a crisp in a nuclear holocaust.
Just be glad he DIDN'T listen to John Bolton.

Bolton is smart, but he is also a war hawk.
Big time.

It's amazing how hawkish the left gets when it suits their agenda, which at this point consists of "Trump stoopid, Trump bad, Trump mean".

Bone spurs... LOL what a maroon.
He dodged the draft by claiming bone spurs... that’s a fact... not disputed.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:40 pm

And what exactly does that have to do with Russia supposedly paying the Taliban to kill American soldiers?

Let me help you out RT... just type this...

"I have absolutely nothing of value to add to this discussion, so I will now attack the evil orange menace."

Just type that and then go away.

Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:42 pm

UP906 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:40 pm
And what exactly does that have to do with Russia supposedly paying the Taliban to kill American soldiers?

Let me help you out RT... just type this...

"I have absolutely nothing of value to add to this discussion, so I will now attack the evil orange menace."

Just type that and then go away.
I made a joke that you don’t like... too bad.

At any rate... he claims this is fake and yet an intelligence official said just this morning that he was briefed on it. That’s an admission that there is something here. Considering we now know this was in Intelligence in early 2019 and again back in February and his administration has continued scrapping treaties and cozying up to Russia and there was no response on their part to any of this we have a scandal.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:48 pm

What? What exactly "is here"?

This stuff is for low level functionaries.

"Mr. President, the Russians are paying Taliban fighters to kill Americans."

To which the President responds, "No shit? How many millions have foreign entities invested in weaponry and support items for said fighters simply to keep us bogged down in another 'forever war'? Like I give a shit about a briefcase of twenties."

"Now... I'll take Rona for $500 Alex."

Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:58 pm

UP906 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:48 pm
What? What exactly "is here"?

This stuff is for low level functionaries.

"Mr. President, the Russians are paying Taliban fighters to kill Americans."

To which the President responds, "No shit? How many millions have foreign entities invested in weaponry and support items for said fighters simply to keep us bogged down in another 'forever war'? Like I give a shit about a briefcase of twenties."

"Now... I'll take Rona for $500 Alex."
Previous presidents would have taken some sort of action. You seem to support giving more things to Russia despite their paying to kill our troops. Very odd.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:02 pm

You claim we are taking no action, when the facts say otherwise. I gave several examples up thread.

Thread Killer

UP906

Post by UP906 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:18 am

Cue the crickets chirping...

Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:45 am

UP906 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:25 am
No response? Read the hot sheets.

We've been flying bombers in the Black Sea... arming the Ukraine... arming Syria and Libya... and chasing their patrol planes out of the North Pacific.

These aren't things one does to one's friend.
You mean this? We were arming Syria and Libya before Trump. We were arming the Ukraine before Trump.

The man the buck stops with has taken no decisive actions, assumed no more aggressive posture and has cut treaties to the detriment of the US and benefit of Russian aggression and territorial expansion goals and is not actively trying to get Russia back into the G7 (Make the G8 great again?). They were kicked out after they annexed Crimea. So while the real military folks do normal things chasing fighters around the pacific and around Alaska, Trump rewards Putin with no benefit to us.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:14 pm

Read up.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/07/01/tr ... te-pompeo/

It isn't about winning dirt in Syria, but rather strangling Russia. What Obama did was a weapons pinata... that got busted open and all the kids scrambled for their share.

Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:21 pm

UP906 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:14 pm
Read up.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/07/01/tr ... te-pompeo/

It isn't about winning dirt in Syria, but rather strangling Russia. What Obama did was a weapons pinata... that got busted open and all the kids scrambled for their share.
It’s an opinion piece with a small blurb about us wanting Russia bogged down in Syria. So what? How does that excuse Trumps bending over backwards?

UP906

Post by UP906 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:22 pm

LOL bending over backwards?

Prove it.

Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:23 pm

UP906 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:22 pm
LOL bending over backwards?

Prove it.
He eliminated 2 weapons treaties and has invited Russia into the G7 after being briefed on what they were doing not once but twice.

Intermediate Nuclear Forces Treaty
Open Skies Treaty
G7 invitation after they were kicked out for annexing Crimea (formerly G8 and maybe soon to be?)

The worry now is that New START will go bye bye next February if Trump is re-elected. That’s the last arms treaty with Russia.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:46 pm

INF was impotent with the Russians in non compliance and the Chinese not even signatory. All that "treaty" did was hamstring the U.S. Withdrawal was a slap in the Russian's faces.

Open skies was another that the Russians figured they could make up the rules as they went along. Again, pulling out hurt Russia more than it does us as we have satellite capabilities that far exceed theirs.

G7... Trump wants Russia there along with Australia, South Korea and a couple others with the intent of discussing future action regarding China and their Pacific expansionism. Sometimes you gotta let the drunk, dirty neighbor join the conversation, whether we like it or not.

Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:55 pm

UP906 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:46 pm
INF was impotent with the Russians in non compliance and the Chinese not even signatory. All that "treaty" did was hamstring the U.S. Withdrawal was a slap in the Russian's faces.

Open skies was another that the Russians figured they could make up the rules as they went along. Again, pulling out hurt Russia more than it does us as we have satellite capabilities that far exceed theirs.

G7... Trump wants Russia there along with Australia, South Korea and a couple others with the intent of discussing future action regarding China and their Pacific expansionism. Sometimes you gotta let the drunk, dirty neighbor join the conversation, whether we like it or not.
Those withdrawals also put out allies as a disadvantage and provide us with no discernible benefit. Adding China to the G7 expecting them to openly plot against an ally is a fools errand. Russia says jump and Trump asks how high.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:59 pm

No discernible benefit? How about a level playing field for starters. People like you would have us in this fight with our hands tied behind our backs.

Who said anything about adding China to G7?

Thread Killer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic