Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Russia Paid The Taliban To Kill American Soldiers In Afganistan

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: Russia Paid The Taliban To Kill American Soldiers In Afganistan

Post by Bryce » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:01 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:57 pm
Back to the NY Times story. Write this down. Today, June 30th, 2020. This N.Y. Times story does not pass the smell test. Maybe not fake news, but certainly manufactured.
What I know is that our military commanders on the ground did not think that it was as serious a problem as the newspapers were reporting and television was reporting," Powell told MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell. "It got kind of out of control before we really had an understanding of what had happened. I’m not sure we fully understand now."

He added: "But [commander of U.S. Central Command] General [Kenneth] McKenzie ... he did not think this was of that level of importance to us. Remember, it’s not the intelligence community that’s going to go fight these guys, it’s the guys on the ground. It’s our troops. It’s our commanders who are going to go deal with this kind of a threat, using intelligence that was given to them by the intelligence community.

"But that has to be analyzed," Powell went on. "It has to be attested. And then you have to go find out who the enemy is. And I think we were on top of that one, but it just got — it got almost hysterical in the first few days."
Sort of like, "manufactured news?" How did the bait taste boys?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

UP906

Re: Russia Paid The Taliban To Kill American Soldiers In Afganistan

Post by UP906 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:35 am

UP906 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:32 am
This is a nothingburger.

They supply the arms, the ammunition, and the beans to keep the fighters moving... zero fucks given about a suitcase of cash.

It's called a proxy war for a reason. After the drubbing we put on Wagner in Syria, cash to mujahedeen was a foregone conclusion.

You guys are getting bent about something that should have been handled at the Station Chief level.
Stinky.

Thread Killer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic