Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Russia Paid The Taliban To Kill American Soldiers In Afganistan

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mr.Transistor

Re: Russia Paid The Taliban To Kill American Soldiers In Afganistan

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:59 pm

If I was active military and nothing was done , business as normal continued, I'd be livid. I don't care that he missed it because he doesn't read the briefings. That's a ridiculous excuse, get someone in there that does look at them.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:05 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:59 pm
If I was active military and nothing was done , business as normal continued, I'd be livid. I don't care that he missed it because he doesn't read the briefings. That's a ridiculous excuse, get someone in there that does look at them.
Last time not reading briefings was big it was “Bin Laden Determined To Strike In US”... you’d think strapping them down and forcing them to read it would be standard practice. We haven’t learned apparently.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:26 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:51 pm
Bryce, you like Russia don't you?

I know Melania has been a big influence on Chetto Small Hands... He's an appologist.

Just like he begged Chairman Xi to be his pal up until February when Xi refuted Trump. Now China is an enemy.

Reading John Bolton's book today... "the Left" has plenty of excellent talking points for our Red state suburban white voters between now and November.
What? "The 1980's are calling for their foreign policy back"?

Again gentlemen, show me something more concrete than "open source" intel. You know actual proof. Not the kind Adam Schiff say's he has either. I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong. I wont even come up with some fake chart about something else and try to pass it off as proof you're wrong.
Last edited by Bryce on Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:28 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:26 pm
TC Talks wrote:

I know Melania has been a big influence on Chetto Small Hands... He's an appologist.

Just like he begged Chairman Xi to be his pal up until February when Xi refuted Trump. Now China is an enemy.

Reading John Bolton's book today... "the Left" has plenty of excellent talking points for our Red state suburban white voters between now and November.
Rational people are calling for a well managed foreign policy again instead of a paper tiger that rolls over at the slightest resistance from a foreign leader. He folds like a cheap suit every time.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:29 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:28 pm
Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Rational people are calling for a well managed foreign policy again instead of a paper tiger that rolls over at the slightest resistance from a foreign leader. He folds like a cheap suit every time.
Fold? Did he send pallets of unmaked bills to a foreign enemy under the cover of darkness that I don't know about? If so, we should get to the bottom of that.

Again gentlemen, show me something more concrete than "open source" intel. You know, actual proof. Not the kind Adam Schiff say's he has either.

I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong. I wont even come up with some fake chart about something else and try to pass it off as proof you're wrong.
Last edited by Bryce on Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:31 pm

Well, since Trump doesn't have a foreign policy, (oh wait let's review his many successful interactions with his communist buddy Kim, the guy who has returned to making Nuclear weapons) one from the 1980's is better than trying to make friends with dictators.

Bolton really builds a creditibile road map for any Republican looking at Donald Trump.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:36 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:29 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:28 pm
Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Fold? Did he send pallets of unmaked bills to a foreign enemy under the cover of darkness that I don't know about? If so, we should get to the bottom of that.

Again gentlemen, show me something more concrete than "open source" intel. You know, actual proof. Not the kind Adam Schiff say's he has either.

I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong. I wont even come up with some fake chart about something else and try to pass it off as proof you're wrong.
We owed Iran that money... it was decades old debt:
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump likes to tell a story about the U.S. paying out billions of dollars to Iran as part of the multinational deal freezing its nuclear program and easing sanctions against it. What he doesn’t say is that most of that money was Iran’s to begin with. The rest relates to an old debt the U.S. had with Iran.

The numbers and some details change in his retelling — dating back to the 2016 campaign — but his bottom line is always the same: The Obama administration was hoodwinked into giving Iran all that money, some of it in a H*** and hidden bundle of cash.

The latest iteration of his claim Tuesday and the reality behind it:

TRUMP: “The Iran deal is a terrible deal. We paid $150 billion. We gave $1.8 billion in cash. That’s actual cash, barrels of cash. It’s insane. It’s ridiculous. It should have never been made. But we will be talking about it.” — remarks before a meeting with French President Emmanuel Macron. At a news conference Tuesday, he spoke about “giving them, Iran, $150 billion at one point.”

THE FACTS: There was no $150 billion payout from the U.S. treasury. The money he refers to represents Iranian assets held abroad that were frozen until the deal was reached and Tehran was allowed to access its funds.

The payout of about $1.8 billion is a separate matter. That dates to the 1970s, when Iran paid the U.S. $400 million for military equipment that was never delivered because the government was overthrown and diplomatic relations ruptured.

That left people, businesses and governments in each country indebted to partners in the other, and these complex claims took decades to sort out in tribunals and arbitration. For its part, Iran paid settlements of more than $2.5 billion to U.S. citizens and businesses.

The day after the nuclear deal was implemented, the U.S. and Iran announced they had settled the claim over the 1970s military equipment order, with the U.S. agreeing to pay the $400 million principal along with about $1.3 billion in interest. The $400 million was paid in cash and flown to Tehran on a cargo plane, which gave rise to Trump’s dramatic accounts of money stuffed in barrels or boxes and delivered in the dead of night. The arrangement provided for the interest to be paid later, not crammed into containers.
Sometimes the truth is.. well... kind of mundane and not at all weird or conspiratorial... you’ve been lied to. Hoodwinked. Bullshitted. And you fell for it. Sorry to break that to you.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:45 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:36 pm

That we just happened to send in pallets of cash in the middle of the night. It was a bribe, pure and simple.

Los Angels Times (Famous Right Wing Newspaper):
Swiss francs and other foreign currency was delivered on pallets Jan. 17, the same day Tehran agreed to release four American prisoners.

The Obama administration had claimed the events were separate, but recently acknowledged the cash was used as leverage until the Americans were allowed to leave Iran.
Do you and Chris Matthews still have that tingle running down your leg? Your Obama fetish is much more developed that I could ever imagine having for our current President.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:51 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:45 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:36 pm

That we just happened to send in pallets of cash in the middle of the night. It was a bribe, pure and simple.

Los Angels Times (Famous Right Wing Newspaper):
Swiss francs and other foreign currency was delivered on pallets Jan. 17, the same day Tehran agreed to release four American prisoners.

The Obama administration had claimed the events were separate, but recently acknowledged the cash was used as leverage until the Americans were allowed to leave Iran.
Do you and Chris Matthews still have that tingle running down your leg? Your Obama fetish is much more developed that I could ever imagine having for our current President.
So I give you the facts of what the money was and I have an obama fetish? You’re in serious denial man...

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:53 pm

You can smell the desperation.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:54 pm

Bryce doesn't have much to successfully defend lately. He's Pro Trump, Pro Cop, and Anti Whitmer.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:02 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:51 pm
So I give you the facts of what the money was and I have an obama fetish? You’re in serious denial man...
But your facts are spun the way you want them and you yourself are either in denial about them or misinformed. Here is the unvarnished truth about the money made available to Iran by Obama.

In the middle part of the 1970's, while we were still on good terms with Tehran, they ordered a bunch of fighter jets from us and paid for them. After the Taliban took over, we weren't about to send them the aircraft. Many, many years later the worlds largest state sponsor of terrorism (let that sink in) demanded their money back with interest. Several Presidents told them to go pound sand, which they have a lot of. Of course while they were pounding said sand they discovered even more oil, but nonetheless, decided they needed nuclear power for their "energy" needs.

With the worldwide sanctions on Iran in place, because they are the worlds largest state sponsor of terrorism there was no need to return ANY of the money as it was frozen due to the sanctions. Obama, wanting another Nobel Prize wanted to do a nuclear deal and get our hostages back. He lifted some sanctions freeing up money held around the world and personally directed $400 million, under the cover of darkness, to get them released. At first he denied that, but later admitted it was part of the deal to get the hostages being held released. This is a CONFIRMED fact. You can't argue it. Well, knowing you, you'll do it anyway.

Face it, Obama could shit on a plate and you'd swear it was the best Pate you ever tasted.
Last edited by Bryce on Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:06 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:54 pm
Bryce doesn't have much to successfully defend lately. He's Pro Trump, Pro Cop, and Anti Whitmer.
A much better description would be Anti-Leftist, pro-Law Enforcement and Anti-Dictator.

By the way, when you leaving Traverse City to go live in the CHOP?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:13 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:02 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:51 pm
But your facts are spun the way you want them and you yourself are either in denial about them or misinformed. Here is the unvarnished truth about the money made available to Iran by Obama.

In the middle part of the 1970's, while we were still on good terms with Tehran, they ordered a bunch of fighter jets from us and paid for them. After the Taliban took over, we weren't about to send them the aircraft. Many, many years later the worlds largest state sponsor of terrorism (let that sink in) demanded their money back with interest. Several Presidents told them to go pound sand, which they have a lot of. Of course while they were pounding said sand they discovered even more oil, but nonetheless, decided they needed nuclear power for their "energy" needs.

With the worldwide sanctions on Iran in place, because they are the worlds largest state sponsor of terrorism there was no need to return ANY of the money as it was frozen due to the sanctions. Obama, wanting another Nobel Prize wanted to do a nuclear deal and get our hostages back. He lifted some sanctions freeing up money held around the world and personally directed $400 million, under the cover of darkness, to get them released. At first he denied that, but later admitted it was part of the deal to get the hostages being held released. This is a CONFIRMED fact. You can't argue it. Well, knowing you, you'll do it anyway.

Face it, Obama could shit on a plate and you'd swear it was the best Pate you ever tasted.
Iran and the Taliban have nothing to do with each other. A deal is a deal. This middle of the night thing is rhetorical flourish by Trump and did not happen the way he described it. The Iran deal was being adhered to and was important. That you chose to throw in a bunch of irrelevant horseshit in there to muddy things up shows how unhinged and desperate you are. I called your old healthcare junk insurance once (a term the non-partisan Healthcare analyst Kaiser Family Foundation uses) And you blocked me. Now you say that kind of vile garbage to me? Go take a hike guy... there’s no excuse.

The batch of right wing radicals running the show right now must go. We need moderate leadership not third rate right wing radical revolutionaries that want to time travel to 1955.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:17 pm

Sigh...

I quit. You win. Have a nice life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic