Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Casting the Racists out of Nascar

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Casting the Racists out of Nascar

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:20 pm

It seems that Alabama has a racist. Fortunately there were video cameras all over the place and limited access. I am sure all you posters busy posting about other incidents are outraged, right?
Days after the only black driver in NASCAR’s top racing series sported a “Black Lives Matter” message and celebrated the organization’s banning of the Confederate battle flag, a noose was found on Sunday in his garage stall at Talladega Superspeedway in Alabama, officials said.

“Today’s despicable act of racism and hatred leaves me incredibly saddened and serves as a painful reminder of how much further we have to go as a society and how persistent we must be in the fight against racism,” the driver, Darrell Wallace Jr., who is known as Bubba, said in a statement on Sunday evening.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Re: Casting the Racists out of Nascar

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:30 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:20 pm
It seems that Alabama has a racist. Fortunately there were video cameras all over the place and limited access. I am sure all you posters busy posting about other incidents are outraged, right?
Days after the only black driver in NASCAR’s top racing series sported a “Black Lives Matter” message and celebrated the organization’s banning of the Confederate battle flag, a noose was found on Sunday in his garage stall at Talladega Superspeedway in Alabama, officials said.

“Today’s despicable act of racism and hatred leaves me incredibly saddened and serves as a painful reminder of how much further we have to go as a society and how persistent we must be in the fight against racism,” the driver, Darrell Wallace Jr., who is known as Bubba, said in a statement on Sunday evening.
It’s too bad somebody felt the need to do that and they could use to be talked to and have it made clear that won’t fly in 2020.

What exactly are we going to do with all the racists we are drubbing out of daily life? Some of these people are having their lives ruined.... that may be fine to you but it’s not cool to just do that and walk away... get off your high horse progressive ass and help to reform them... but like everything else that we see you do that’s too much to ask because... reasons. We can’t even get you to cite your sources.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:04 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:30 pm
TC Talks wrote:

It’s too bad somebody felt the need to do that and they could use to be talked to and have it made clear that won’t fly in 2020.

What exactly are we going to do with all the racists we are drubbing out of daily life? Some of these people are having their lives ruined.... that may be fine to you but it’s not cool to just do that and walk away... get off your high horse progressive ass and help to reform them... but like everything else that we see you do that’s too much to ask because... reasons. We can’t even get you to cite your sources.
PUH-LEEZ! They need to be "talked to"?!? A guy who is so brazen to put a noose in an area that certainly was secured with cameras, can be counseled out of his hate?

The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:08 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:04 pm
Rate This wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

PUH-LEEZ! They need to be "talked to"?!? A guy who is so brazen to put a noose in an area that certainly was secured with cameras, can be counseled out of his hate?
Stranger things have happened... what do you suggest... burn him at the stake? Chain the person to the park bench and make them panhandle for life? At some point they have to be brought along... you can’t just destroy them and then walk away... that’s no better than them hanging the noose... We can’t go down to their level and completely erase them from society like they would erase the people they target. We have to be bigger than them.

The mayor of Ypsi is a good example... she made what appears to be an extremely ham fisted remark calling herself out for being a racist and not progressive enough and now they want her head on a pike. The thought police can be a dangerous thing... so she’ll have to resign for one comment... about 8 or 9 words. Nevermind whatever good she might have done for the town or anything...
Last edited by Rate This on Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:12 pm

Can we just cast out nascar?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:15 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:12 pm
Can we just cast out nascar?
It would be far more watchable at 10 laps with battering rams on all sides so they had to crash to gain the edge.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:32 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:08 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:04 pm
Rate This wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Stranger things have happened... what do you suggest... burn him at the stake? Chain the person to the park bench and make them panhandle for life? At some point they have to be brought along... you can’t just destroy them and then walk away... that’s no better than them hanging the noose... We can’t go down to their level and completely erase them from society like they would erase the people they target. We have to be bigger than them.

The mayor of Ypsi is a good example... she made what appears to be an extremely ham fisted remark calling herself out for being a racist and not progressive enough and now they want her head on a pike. The thought police can be a dangerous thing... so she’ll have to resign for one comment... about 8 or 9 words. Nevermind whatever good she might have done for the town or anything...
There are stupid acts, and there is hate. Michael Richards was an idiot when he went on that n-word rant. And he paid the price...his career essentially was over. But from everything I have read and heard, the guy is far from a racist at all. Certain things you cannot change. You think trollinlife will EVER believe in a woman's right to choose?!? Its part of certains peoples fiber. These southern fucks are taught to hate blacks before they can walk and they are too stupid to think for themselves. So if they were erased from society, honestly I could care less.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:48 pm

Trust me I get it... but it’ll take generations to root it out... baby boomers, Gen Xers and those that are older dying off would be a starting point. If you are a normal human being in those groups please forgive the expression... there do seem to be an inordinate number of older racists...

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:59 pm

Anybody else think Jusse Smollett or his accomplices might be involved in this one? Perhaps someone from the marketing department??

Will anybody be surprised when "all the racists" are kicked out of NASCAR and it amounts to only 1 or 2 percent?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:00 pm

I think you are just a more positive...or maybe naive..person than I, RT. When we elected Obama, I actually thought the country had turned a corner. I truly never thought I'd see a black president in my lifetime. And the hatred got worse. So much so that we elected a pile of human garbage to the White House. And still, a third of this country (and a majority of the idiots on this board) love him. So excuse me if I don't think we can all come together in some sort of kumbaya togetherness chat and talk it all out. They are not gonna change, so fuck 'em.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:41 pm

It's hard to believe someone would go thru the trouble to hang a noose in his garage. There must have been a lot of ignorance and hate in their heart to do that. It was one helluva race today in Talledega and very nice thing the drivers and teams did pushing Bubba out to the front of the pack before the race. Quite a picture of Support~ One heck of a photo finish at the end. Bubba Wallace was near the top at times, finishing 14th at the end.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:47 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:00 pm
And the hatred got worse.
And in all honesty, Obama himself is responsible for some of that.

I can't really comment on NASCAR much. Never been to one and haven't watched more than 5 minutes in TV. Just does nothing for me. I do hear people say many of the fans are red necks. From the people I see wearing the t shirts, I'm inclined to agree.

Gee, does that make me some kind of "ist"?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:10 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:47 pm
Honeyman wrote:
And the hatred got worse.
And in all honesty, Obama himself is responsible for some of that.

I can't really comment on NASCAR much. Never been to one and haven't watched more than 5 minutes in TV. Just does nothing for me. I do hear people say many of the fans are red necks. From the people I see wearing the t shirts, I'm inclined to agree.

Gee, does that make me some kind of "ist"?
I've been to many races at MIS. Yeah you get some "rednecks" out there but much of that is a sterotype at least in Michigan it is. You get more of that stuff down South. The races I've been to, most of the fans are friendly and cordial, just want to have a good time. I've never had a bad experience. There's a lot of stereotypes- many people could not guess that I'm a professional when I'm in my "street gear" at one of these events. I behave myself but dress down to enjoy, as I enjoy my relaxation time. I don't think it makes you "ist" just your perception, always keep an open mind. I would attend a race at least once if you had some interest, but yeah so many times going around in a circle with virtually no action/ wrecks is quite boring. The race today while hardly any wrecks was back and forth and a great finish at the end. Good hard racing to the end and nice support for the #43 Bubba Walace and owner Kyle "the King" Petty.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:12 pm

Honeyman wrote:
I think you are just a more positive...or maybe naive..person than I, RT. When we elected Obama, I actually thought the country had turned a corner. I truly never thought I'd see a black president in my lifetime. And the hatred got worse. So much so that we elected a pile of human garbage to the White House. And still, a third of this country (and a majority of the idiots on this board) love him. So excuse me if I don't think we can all come together in some sort of kumbaya togetherness chat and talk it all out. They are not gonna change, so fuck 'em.
I’ve been accused of being an optimist more than once...

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:15 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:12 pm
Honeyman wrote:
I’ve been accused of being an optimist more than once...
You come across - level headed. Might not always agree but I can respect your opinion if that means anything.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic