Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Railroading Of Garrett Rolfe

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: The Railroading Of Garrett Rolfe

Post by Bryce » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:59 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:50 am
Here's a bit of history behind why Black Lives Matter is pushing so hard for police reforms...

Still believe police aren't the problem in the United States?

“In 1866, one year after the 13 Amendment was ratified (the amendment that ended slavery), Alabama, Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Georgia, Mississippi, Florida, Tennessee, and South Carolina began to lease out convicts for labor (peonage). This made the business of arresting Blacks very lucrative, which is why hundreds of White men were hired by these states as police officers.

And the Democrat Party leaders, which controlled those states at that time not only stood by and let it happen, they assisted.

The BLM movement is a fraud and founded on a lie. The leaders and founders are fomenting race issues in an attempt to dismantle American society as we know it.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:01 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:59 am
The BLM movement is a fraud and founded on a lie. The leaders and founders are fomenting race issues in an attempt to dismantle American society as we know it.
I missed the alleged lie. Please elaborate. Thanks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:01 am

So this is where I remind you that the historic Democratic party is now the Republican party in those States. We've had this conversation numerous times. But that's not the point in this particular conversation, it's how the police have used race throughout their history and why historic changes need to occur.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:04 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:47 am
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:01 pm
IBryce, defend why police should enter your house and kill you with no probably cause.
I do not contend that there are no bad cops, bad departments, or that mistakes with horrific outcomes take place. However, I don't take the stand that you do that ALL cops and departments are racist, bad and should be disbanded. You've been reading Marx again haven't you?
Rolling back all the laws that protect bad cops would be a terrific idea correct?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:05 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:35 am

OH, and TC? I'll take you a bit more seriously if you also rally to take down the FDR Memorial and well as everything his name appears on. He did after all imprison over 120,000 people, two thirds of which were American citizens, and stripped them of their property without an iota of due process.
At least those affected were apologized to, as well as paid.
"(The) Civil Liberties Act of 1988 which apologized for the internment on behalf of the U.S. government and authorized a payment of $20,000 (equivalent to $43,000 in 2019) to each former internee who was still alive when the act was passed. The legislation admitted that government actions were based on "race prejudice, war hysteria, and a failure of political leadership." The U.S. government eventually disbursed more than $1.6 billion (equivalent to $3,460,000,000 in 2019) in reparations to 82,219 Japanese Americans who had been interned and their heirs."

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:10 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:01 am
So this is where I remind you that the historic Democratic party is now the Republican party in those States.
This is where I remind you that you're premise is full of shit. Any Republican KKK members in the Senate?

I'll gently remind you of comments speaker Pelosi made about a certain KKK member only ten years ago...
But happily, thanks to the Byrd family, some of us had the opportunity to sing Senator Byrd’s praises in his presence in December, when he became the longest-serving Member of Congress in American history.

“I noted then that Senator Byrd’s Congressional service began in the House of Representatives. In those six years in the House, he demonstrated what would become the hallmarks of his commitment: his love of the people of West Virginia, his passion for history and public service, and his remarkable oratorical skills.
“On a personal moment, I’ll never forget a dinner I hosted for him in the early 80’s when he was running for reelection at that time, in California.

“After dinner, we didn’t know what to expect. We were all so nervous to be in the presence of such a great person. And what did he do? He pulled out his fiddle and regaled us with West Virginia tunes and told us great stories about each and every one of you. That was an act of friendship that I will never forget.
“Senator Byrd’s service, and his leadership, were more than worthy to be remembered for many generations to come. And as my colleague Mr. Rahall said, it is very appropriate that we are celebrating Robert Byrd’s life and putting him to rest in the week of July 4th; he was a great American patriot. And as Governor Manchin said, we shall never see his like again.
Where's the outrage that the Speaker of the House is friends with, speaks praises of and hosted dinners for the founder of the West Virginia KKK? Shouldn't she be forced to resign?
Last edited by Bryce on Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:12 am

Radio Sucks wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:05 am
Bryce wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:35 am

OH, and TC? I'll take you a bit more seriously if you also rally to take down the FDR Memorial and well as everything his name appears on. He did after all imprison over 120,000 people, two thirds of which were American citizens, and stripped them of their property without an iota of due process.
At least those affected were apologized to, as well as paid.
Yup, a lot of good things happened while Ronald Reagan was in office. Ever ask yourself why the several of Democrat President's in office prior to 1988 didn't make that happen?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:22 am

Radio Sucks wrote:
]I missed the alleged lie. Please elaborate. Thanks.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fac ... -ferguson/

Take a look at this twitter video from the co founder of Black Lives Matter...
https://twitter.com/i/status/1273739801464725504

Trained Marxist organizer? Oh REALLY?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:32 am

TC Talks wrote:
So this is where I remind you that the historic Democratic party is now the Republican party in those States. We've had this conversation numerous times. But that's not the point in this particular conversation, it's how the police have used race throughout their history and why historic changes need to occur.
If we are going to dismantle everything with a racist history, I guess the Democrat party needs to be dismantled too.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:13 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:32 am
TC Talks wrote:
If we are going to dismantle everything with a racist history, I guess the Democrat party needs to be dismantled too.
I think if there are any racists in the Democrats (I am sure there are) then they need to go like most of the Red State's leaders.

― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:38 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:10 am
TC Talks wrote:
So this is where I remind you that the historic Democratic party is now the Republican party in those States.
This is where I remind you that you're premise is full of shit. Any Republican KKK members in the Senate?

I'll gently remind you of comments speaker Pelosi made about a certain KKK member only ten years ago...
But happily, thanks to the Byrd family, some of us had the opportunity to sing Senator Byrd’s praises in his presence in December, when he became the longest-serving Member of Congress in American history.

“I noted then that Senator Byrd’s Congressional service began in the House of Representatives. In those six years in the House, he demonstrated what would become the hallmarks of his commitment: his love of the people of West Virginia, his passion for history and public service, and his remarkable oratorical skills.
“On a personal moment, I’ll never forget a dinner I hosted for him in the early 80’s when he was running for reelection at that time, in California.

“After dinner, we didn’t know what to expect. We were all so nervous to be in the presence of such a great person. And what did he do? He pulled out his fiddle and regaled us with West Virginia tunes and told us great stories about each and every one of you. That was an act of friendship that I will never forget.
“Senator Byrd’s service, and his leadership, were more than worthy to be remembered for many generations to come. And as my colleague Mr. Rahall said, it is very appropriate that we are celebrating Robert Byrd’s life and putting him to rest in the week of July 4th; he was a great American patriot. And as Governor Manchin said, we shall never see his like again.
Where's the outrage that the Speaker of the House is friends with, speaks praises of and hosted dinners for the founder of the West Virginia KKK? Shouldn't she be forced to resign?
It’s nobody’s problem but yours that the concept of realignment is above your pay grade.

As for Byrd... he renounced his membership years later.

As for not understanding that the universe changes and evolves.. it’s above your pay grade. Sounds like a personal problem.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:24 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:13 am
Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
I think if there are any racists in the Democrats (I am sure there are) then they need to go like most of the Red State's leaders.
The Democratic Party is FULL of racists.

Just not the particular ones they like to complain about.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:08 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:24 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:13 am
Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
The Democratic Party is FULL of racists.

Just not the particular ones they like to complain about.
TC lives on another planet.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:39 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:38 am

As for not understanding that the universe changes and evolves.. it’s above your pay grade. Sounds like a personal problem.
So what's the cut off date in which people are no longer responsible for their past actions? 5 years? 10? 25? 30, 50?

The universe does evolve and change, but the lefty whack jobs seem to be pretty selective on who they do and don't forgive for past transgressions.

Are actions from 100 years ago supposed to be held to standards in today's "changed universe?"

Have BJ Bill and Befuddled Biden been held to account for policy responsible for locking up more black men than were ever locked up at any other time in our country's history?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:44 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:39 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:38 am

So what's the cut off date in which people are no longer responsible for their past actions? 5 years? 10? 25? 30, 50?

The universe does evolve and change, but the lefty whack jobs seem to be pretty selective on who they do and don't forgive for past transgressions.

Are actions from 100 years ago supposed to be held to standards in today's "changed universe?"

Have BJ Bill and Befuddled Biden been held to account for policy responsible for locking up more black men than were ever locked up at any other time in our country's history?
Today’s Democrats largely weren’t around before about 1940... so how can you possibly rant about the civil war or really much before 1960? And after that the party started to shift dramatically as did the Republican Party. I think you’re just desperate to pin the tail on the donkey so to speak. That’s quite sad.
Last edited by Rate This on Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic