Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tulsa Health Official Urges Rally Postponement As Oklahoma Sees Spike In COVID-19 Cases

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Tulsa Health Official Urges Rally Postponement As Oklahoma Sees Spike In COVID-19 Cases

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:55 pm

Oklahoma just had its largest daily increase in COVID-19 cases.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-tu ... 93567e89c9

The censorship king from out of state.

Lester The Nightfly

Re: Tulsa Health Official Urges Rally Postponement As Oklahoma Sees Spike In COVID-19 Cases

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:38 pm

At this point I really don't much care if these folks want to get together or not. If they are so inclined to bathe in each others spittle or lick the door knobs at the venue the it's their decision. Pragmatically the likelihood that I'll come in any kind of primary or secondary contact with a one of them is roughly the same as seeing any of them staying in a Trump hotel. Running in different circles and all.

I hope they'll enjoy endless spam and robocalls, which after all was the entire purpose of harvesting email addresses and phone numbers for the tix. Contracting the virus is just a self-inflicted bonus. So will be a medical charges precipitated bankruptcy should they get a full blown case that requires those $500K-$1M invoices being reported. When/if their lives go to shit I'll sleep like a baby just like Trump does every night, the only difference being I don't have blood on my hands.

Signed,
The turd in the punchbowl

TC Talks

Re: Tulsa Health Official Urges Rally Postponement As Oklahoma Sees Spike In COVID-19 Cases

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:10 pm

I say Trump holds many many rallies in the swing states. Free vip tickets to everyone over 70.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:33 pm

Ok, calling a big bull shit here. I am not now nor have I ever been a Trump fan, supporter or whatever you want to call it, but when mass gatherings were held to protest, loot, burn and pillage that was embraced by Dems and the media. The president wants to hold a peaceful mass gathering with hand washing stations and masks highly suggested and it is wrong. How obvious can you be? When it suits the Dems needs it is fine, otherwise it is bad. Fuck off with yourself already, you aren't fooling anyone. Biden could do the same thing and it would be the best thing ever, of course he would need to leave his basement.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:37 pm

zzand wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:33 pm
Ok, calling a big bull shit here. I am not now nor have I ever been a Trump fan, supporter or whatever you want to call it, but when mass gatherings were held to protest, loot, burn and pillage that was embraced by Dems and the media. The president wants to hold a peaceful mass gathering with hand washing stations and masks highly suggested and it is wrong. How obvious can you be? When it suits the Dems needs it is fine, otherwise it is bad. Fuck off with yourself already, you aren't fooling anyone. Biden could do the same thing and it would be the best thing ever, of course he would need to leave his basement.
An uncontrollable mass gathering is a little different than an advertised political rally people are invited too so it’s not quite the same thing. Further many of the protesters did wear masks... many Trump supporters laugh at the idea of wearing one. When you really pick at it you find out these two groups of people aren’t operating the same.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:50 pm

You totally ignore the media adoration of the riots and looting that clearly shows their bias and the bias of the Dems. Sorry, try again and i would say some, not many wore masks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:10 pm

Of course the media embraced looting and burning....makes for great TV. No "Dems" did. The rallies, yes. They were an organic reaction to a incredibly significant tragic event. If you can't see the difference between those and a scheduled political dog-and-pony show, then that is your issue. Not to mention one is being held inside in a closed arena, as opposed to outside spanning many city blocks.

Point is, if Trump had any regard or compassion for another human being other than himself, this event would never take place. But he thrives on the adoration, no matter how many people get sick.

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:12 pm

The "they were protesting outdoors" excuse is a load of BS too. How about the peaceful protests in Lansing just a few weeks before the George Floyd incident? These people were HARSHLY criticized and mocked by the left, both for allegedly spreading the virus and for some of them showing up with guns (even though no violence erupted).

Then came the George Floyd protests. Groups of 800 packed in like sardines in Midland? Perfectly ok. Burning down a historic Church? Shooting and killing people? All ok. Coronavirus? Barely a mention in the news for 2 full weeks.

Now that the protests are over and Trump wants to hold a rally, suddenly the Coronavirus is magically back.

I'm sorry, but zzand is spot-on here. This is some of the most blatantly transparent hypocrisy I've ever seen in my life.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:16 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:12 pm
The "they were protesting outdoors" excuse is a load of BS too. How about the peaceful protests in Lansing just a few weeks before the George Floyd incident? These people were HARSHLY criticized and mocked by the left, both for allegedly spreading the virus and for some of them showing up with guns (even though no violence erupted).

Then came the George Floyd protests. Groups of 800 packed in like sardines in Midland? Perfectly ok. Burning down a historic Church? Shooting and killing people? All ok. Coronavirus? Barely a mention in the news for 2 full weeks.

Now that the protests are over and Trump wants to hold a rally, suddenly the Coronavirus is magically back.

I'm sorry, but zzand is spot-on here. This is some of the most blatantly transparent hypocrisy I've ever seen in my life.
One was being done well the stay at home orders were on, deaths were high and masks weren’t being worn. In fact masks were being protested.

The other was occurring far closer and after the stay home orders were lifted and it was involving a lot more people and was a powder keg. Good luck shutting it down without a problem... that’s why they didn’t make a fuss. Sorry you couldn’t find your boogeyman here.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:18 pm

Come on, you're making up excuses. Just admit that the left holds the right to very different standards when it comes to protesting (pretty much any time, and especially during pandemics).

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:21 pm

The left has standards?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:24 pm

You're right, I should have worded that differently. Let me try again:

The left makes the right play by very different rules when it comes to protesting (pretty much any time, and especially during pandemics).

Wait.....that's not really accurate either, since the really aren't any rules when the left protests something.....let's try again:

Only the left has the right to protest.

There, I think that about nails it.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:41 pm

Just saw a public health doctor on TV who I thought had a unique way of describing how he regarded the notion of attending a large public indoor event like the Trump rally at this point in time.

"Even if all four Beatles were alive and decided to play a concert in a venue like where the Trump rally will be held, you couldn't get me or my family to go in there."

I got the impression he was a something of a Beatles fan too...

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:19 am

So super simple, fellow humans. The virus is in control.

Not Dumbass Donald.

Not Mayors or Governors.

Not political parties.

Not the House or Senate.

Not judges.

Not business owners.

Not police or the military.

Not the news media.

The virus controls all.

Thus - it’s up to you to save you. To separate science-based actions from those influenced by any individual or institution I’ve listed above. Particularly those with motivations that have to do with gaining power or making money.

Take precautions. Monitor both right and left news outlets to get the latest scientific findings about how infection happens and spreads. Also monitor where we are on the vaccine research path. Go out of your home only when absolutely necessary. Wear mask and gloves. Disinfect high traffic surfaces at home/work/ in your car.
Stay away from large indoor gatherings. Practice social distancing both inside and outdoors.

Realize that you must do what you can to mitigate viral spread. Which will help you - and help the healthcare workers/facilities.

If you reopen - be ready to reverse and lockdown again - if employees and customers are becoming sick.

If you don’t do all of these things you’re far more likely to get sick - and maybe even die. Or - asymptomatically carry and spread Coronavirus germs/droplets to others and to surfaces .

Most importantly - if possible - vote in Democrats at all levels of government. They are far more likely to care about your good health than most Republicans or members of The Trump Cult.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:12 am

SG - you missed a group: George Floyd protesters. You were strangely silent in here during the 2 weeks of protests on the issue of the Coronavirus. Why does that particular group get a pass?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic