Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Who Will Be The REAL Democrat Candidate?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 15342

Re: Who Will Be The REAL Democrat Candidate?

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:30 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:58 am
I don't think it would be Consitutional (But since when do the Democrats care about the Constitution anyway?), but maybe Trump could convince Biden to pick him as his running mate, in addition to Trump running for President as a Republican. Considering Biden's current fragile condition, I think Joe could be convinced to do it.
:rollin :rollin :rollin

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:06 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
I don't think it would be Consitutional (But since when do the Democrats care about the Constitution anyway?), but maybe Trump could convince Biden to pick him as his running mate, in addition to Trump running for President as a Republican. Considering Biden's current fragile condition, I think Joe could be convinced to do it.
He’s hardly fragile. Certainly not brain dead.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:11 pm

There was a board I used to post on. It's no fun anymore, but if the board author/operator read a response he didn't like, he would post anonymously within a few minutes of the time you posted, and yet it would take HOURS before your "moderated" response would appear. You could tell it had to be him by the quick response, and that he always prefaced his response with "Dude, you..." If the board talked about fun things that happened in the past, it was OK, like the mibuzzboard is about Radio in the past, entertaining. But when he posted something about Politics, like Max said on "Hart to Hart", "It was murder." And I was by far not the only one who frequently disagreed. I sent him a post ripping him apart when he eliminated my posts completely, because I knew he still read it! A lot of people who disagreed stopped following it, and it hardly exists anymore. Maybe three or four posts and responses PER YEAR! Sic semper tyrannis!

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:57 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:06 pm
TC Shuts Up wrote:
He’s hardly fragile. Certainly not brain dead.
As time goes on Biden could become brain dead. Now the problem is Trump talks too much and Biden talks and can’t remember what he said, it doesn’t matter who wins on November 3rd this country is screwed. The more important thing is the House and the Senate who gets that the R’s or D’s.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:30 pm

I suppose I'll put the paddles on this thread to say this.
Anyone see George Stephanopoulos interview with Stacey Abrams Sunday morning?
My impression from her was a roundabout admit that she knows she's not getting the VP nod.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:21 am

A lot can happen before November. Stand by. Several x factors lurk.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:40 am

Maybe Clinton, Barack or even Bernie if that’s even possible.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:41 am

screen glare wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:21 am
I really do think the Democrats are going to have to figure out some way to get anyone but Biden as their nominee.
I don't know a whole lot about the mechanics of a convention, and the inner workings of how, or if, they can go around him and choose someone else.
But I'm fairly certain most on this board would have to admit:
If Biden's got a lock on the nomination, Trump's going to be president again.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:49 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:41 am
screen glare wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:21 am
I really do think the Democrats are going to have to figure out some way to get anyone but Biden as their nominee.
I don't know a whole lot about the mechanics of a convention, and the inner workings of how, or if, they can go around him and choose someone else.
But I'm fairly certain most on this board would have to admit:
If Biden's got a lock on the nomination, Trump's going to be president again.
They are stuck with Biden. At the moment Trump is killing his chances all by himself. His hold on things was incredibly tenuous so he was in trouble the moment the 2016 election ended. 78,000 people change their minds against him and he’s toast.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:59 am

Lucky615 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:40 am
You can't go old. You can't have Hillary or Bernie or Warren or any other old fart.
I've said it before on here. Obama got to be president because of his youth and charisma. Not his political platform.
I still stand by that.

And like I said in another thread, Gabbard and Buttigieg should just float the rumor on social media that they're thinking of running as a third party team. Don't spend any money. Let the media take off with it. See how much traction it gets with "deep pocket" Democratic donors that feel Joe don't have a chance. If it flops, they're not out a dime.

Sleepy stammering stuttering Joe was the last candidate the Democrats should of chose to go up against someone who could sell snow to an Eskimo.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:27 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:59 am
Lucky615 wrote:
You can't go old. You can't have Hillary or Bernie or Warren or any other old fart.
I've said it before on here. Obama got to be president because of his youth and charisma. Not his political platform.
I still stand by that.

And like I said in another thread, Gabbard and Buttigieg should just float the rumor on social media that they're thinking of running as a third party team. Don't spend any money. Let the media take off with it. See how much traction it gets with "deep pocket" Democratic donors that feel Joe don't have a chance. If it flops, they're not out a dime.

Sleepy stammering stuttering Joe was the last candidate the Democrats should of chose to go up against someone who could sell snow to an Eskimo.
The math isn’t on your side but have at it. Math tends to be a rather absolute thing.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:25 am

X factors in path to winning the presidency 2020:

Raging, Highly Contagious, Pandemic Virus. JB at high risk of dying if he’s infected. So is Trump, Pence, Pelosi.

Brain health. JB consistently showing signs of dementia. From what ever cause. Not necessarily Alzheimers. Trump also obviously trying to hide his health issue causing brain/speech/coordination problems.

Active voter suppression tactics designed/carried out by republicans.

Putin’s election interference 2.0

Trump NPD driving desperation to remain president - could cause never before seen tactics. Canceling or delaying election date. Declaring Marshall Law. Etc.

Both Biden and Trump could choose helpful or harmful VPs for their 2020 tickets.

The new African American “anti-systemic racism movement“ embraced as well by non-black/brown people in the USA, and beyond.

Many former Trump white house staffers now publicly turning on him. Including military brass turning on the CIC.

Trump Supreme Court pick turning on Trump with LGBTQ civil rights decision written by that very same individual.

So yes - in this time of grand and shocking upheaval nothing should surprise you. Including the dems replacing Joe Biden as their presidential nominee.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:07 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Lucky615 wrote:
I still stand by that.

Joe may not make it to the first debate on Sept 29th. :rollin

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:22 pm

Pete? Yes. Gabbard? No.

Black woman. Especially in this current political climate.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:09 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:27 am
Mike Oxlong wrote:
The math isn’t on your side but have at it. Math tends to be a rather absolute thing.
I agree he's up in the polls. Way up in some of the polls they were talking about on NPR today.

But Biden hasn't been on the stump yet. He's still in the basement studio, reading from a script.
We haven't done the debates yet. He's not done any town halls that he had a hard time handling during the Democratic Gleaning. Biden's no good at going impromptu. Ad lib is not his friend.

Seems just about every interview he does, he inadvertently says something he regrets the next day. Yes or No?
Once Biden unplugs the teleprompter, he's rudderless. Yes or No?

Let's see what his ratings are once the Joe Biden Gaffe of the Day Show premieres.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic