Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Correct me if I’m wrong but ...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 12047

Correct me if I’m wrong but ...

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:33 pm

I don’t think France erected any statues of Hitler after World War II. We didn’t name any naval bases at Pearl Harbor after Hirohito either. Losers don’t get statues and schools named after them.

Rate This

Re: Correct me if I’m wrong but ...

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:09 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:33 pm
I don’t think France erected any statues of Hitler after World War II. We didn’t name any naval bases at Pearl Harbor after Hirohito either. Losers don’t get statues and schools named after them.
Or their flags plastered everywhere unless you’re a Lions fan..

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:25 pm

One of the first riots on American soil happened at the Boston Harbor. Property was damaged and people were injured. And later, the group went out and tore down a statue of King George.

It's amazing to me that as a country, we've coddled the South and their icons after their rebellion was squashed. Anything less than the complete removal of Confederate symbolism is unacceptable to me.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:40 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:25 pm
One of the first riots on American soil happened at the Boston Harbor. Property was damaged and people were injured. And later, the group went out and tore down a statue of King George.

It's amazing to me that as a country, we've coddled the South and their icons after their rebellion was squashed. Anything less than the complete removal of Confederate symbolism is unacceptable to me.
I don’t like token symbolism from a bunch of losers myself. They should get over it already.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:17 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:

Democrats have a history of getting away with a lot of shit that isn't tolerated from Republicans.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:28 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:09 pm
Radio Sucks wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:33 pm
Or their flags plastered everywhere unless you’re a Lions fan..
Oh.. that's harsh. :P

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:39 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:17 pm
Radio Sucks wrote:

Democrats have a history of getting away with a lot of shit that isn't tolerated from Republicans.
Bryce, most of the time you make sense. This does not. Please explain.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:12 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:39 pm
Bryce wrote:
Radio Sucks wrote:

Well, that Confederate Flag was created by and embraced by Democrats. As was Jim Crow laws etc.

The Republican party was born and created because there were a few sensible Democrats that saw slavery as the evil that it was. It was THEY that formed the Republican party.

For the next answer we go to a rally put on by The Reverand Louis (Calypso Louie) Farrakhan, an avowed racist and anti Semite, at the Detroit MLB ballpark. It was attended by every major Democrat politician in the metro Detroit area. No one batted an eye.

Democrats get a pass on shit like that where a Republican never would.

If Black unemployment was at the same rate as it was during the Obama presidency and there was a Republican in the White House, there would have been marching in the streets. A Democrat in the White House, crickets!

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:57 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:12 pm
Radio Sucks wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:39 pm
Bryce wrote:
Radio Sucks wrote:

Well, that Confederate Flag was created by and embraced by Democrats. As was Jim Crow laws etc.

The Republican party was born and created because there were a few sensible Democrats that saw slavery as the evil that it was. It was THEY that formed the Republican party.

For the next answer we go to a rally put on by The Reverand Louis (Calypso Louie) Farrakhan, an avowed racist and anti Semite, at the Detroit MLB ballpark. It was attended by every major Democrat politician in the metro Detroit area. No one batted an eye.

Democrats get a pass on shit like that where a Republican never would.

If Black unemployment was at the same rate as it was during the Obama presidency and there was a Republican in the White House, there would have been marching in the streets. A Democrat in the White House, crickets!
That’s because when Obama started the unemployment rate was peaking from a recession that was raging from December 2007 to March 2009. Obama had no role in that. However he did have a role in getting unemployment down to 4.5% which is pretty low and the momentum simply continued under Trump with the GDP pop from the sugar high that was the tax cut fading and the 2% GDP new normal settling back in. That’s where we were when the pandemic started. 2%. Exactly where we had been under Obama.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:14 am

Someone with good intentions but a bad sense of history wrote:Well, that Confederate Flag was created by and embraced by Democrats. As was Jim Crow laws etc. The Republican party was born and created because there were a few sensible Democrats that saw slavery as the evil that it was. It was THEY that formed the Republican party.
Attempting to make this a political party issue today is, I'm sorry to say, disingenuous and so some extents downright wrong. Okay, George Wallace was a Democrat, but in 1860 "a very sizable element of both the Free Soil and Republican parties was composed of racist Negrophobes concerned only with keeping a proper distance between themselves and blacks—free or slave." (1) Sure, Strom Thumond was a Democrat, but T.D. Evans, a judge and later mayor of Tulsa, was a Republican responsible for the Tulsa Outrage in 1918 and then oversaw the city during the 1921 Race Massacre. (2)

To somehow credit the post WW2 lynching of black men who attempted to vote, or Nixon's "Southern Strategy" to win over those who were scared of the Negro taking over the country to a person's political party affiliation is to truly be ignorant. We have a serious race problem in the US and we need to face it head on, not place blame.

(1) Racism and Republican Emergence in Illinois, 1848-1860: A Re-Evaluation of Republican Negrophobia
(2) https://thislandpress.com/2012/04/18/ta ... greenwood/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic