Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bill Barr can't find the Antifa he's wishing for...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Bill Barr can't find the Antifa he's wishing for...

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:05 pm

Poor Billy,

He wants a leftist terrorist group so badly, he's begun to imagine it.
U.S. Attorney General William Barr has repeatedly blamed anti-fascist activists for the violence that has erupted during demonstrations over George Floyd's death, but federal court records show no sign of so-called antifa links so far in cases brought by the Justice Department.

NPR has reviewed court documents of 51 individuals facing federal charges in connection with the unrest. As of Tuesday morning, none is alleged to have links to the antifa movement.

Of the cases brought so far, 20 involve allegations related to arson; 16 involve the illegal possession of a firearm, more often than not by a felon; another eight people face charges related to inciting a riot or civil disorder.

The single instance in which an extremist group is mentioned in court documents is a case against three Nevada men. Federal prosecutors allege the trio belong to the right-wing Boogaloo movement that wants to bring about a civil war. The men have been charged with plotting violence during Las Vegas protests.

In an interview Monday with Fox News, Barr said the lack of cases against alleged antifa activists so far does not mean they haven't been involved in the violence.
https://www.npr.org/2020/06/09/87327831 ... ver-unrest

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Re: Bill Barr can't find the Antifa he's wishing for...

Post by Bryce » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:22 pm

Seems to me you're out of touch TC...
While violent riots and looting have destroyed downtown Seattle and many businesses, including those owned by minorities in the Chinatown/International District, several Seattle City Council members continue encouraging the violence, called to defund the Seattle Police Department (SPD) and have given over one neighbourhood over to armed Antifa militants.
https://thepostmillennial.com/democrat- ... -and-chaos
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Re: Bill Barr can't find the Antifa he's wishing for...

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:57 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:22 pm
Seems to me you're out of touch TC...
While violent riots and looting have destroyed downtown Seattle and many businesses, including those owned by minorities in the Chinatown/International District, several Seattle City Council members continue encouraging the violence, called to defund the Seattle Police Department (SPD) and have given over one neighbourhood over to armed Antifa militants.
https://thepostmillennial.com/democrat- ... -and-chaos
I read the entire article. Was anyone arrested or charged that was part of ATIFA or is your concern that they use twitter to call for the dismantling government? The article wasn't clear that an organization was behind the actual rioting.

What about other cases outside Seattle? Because there have been clear tangible examples of White Supremests being arrested, and I don't find anywhere that Bill Barr has even mentioned those terrorist groups.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic