Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 29 at 11:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hate to say “I told you so, but...”

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: Hate to say “I told you so, but...”

Post by Bryce » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:29 am

A limo driver, driving under the influence of alcohol, ran onto a median and hit a tree forever altering the life of one the NHL's best defense-men and a team trainer. It was a horrid tragedy that happened to two guys who were trying to do the right thing by hiring a limo when they knew they'd be drinking.

Do all limo drivers suck? Or does Richard Gnida suck?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:31 am

Bryce - did numerous fellow limo drivers try to obfuscate the facts in the example you cited? Did an organization representing limo drivers make verbal threats toward the supporters of the Red Wings? Did they stick up for the limo driver and say "he was only doing his job" ? Did they lobby for laws making video recording of limo drivers while on duty a felony?

In order for your example to be truly analogous to police abuses, ALL of the above things would've needed to occur.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:51 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:31 am
Bryce - did numerous fellow limo drivers try to obfuscate the facts in the example you cited? Did an organization representing limo drivers make verbal threats toward the supporters of the Red Wings? Did they stick up for the limo driver and say "he was only doing his job" ? Did they lobby for laws making video recording of limo drivers while on duty a felony?

In order for your example to be truly analogous to police abuses, ALL of the above things would've needed to occur.
Fair point all, but still, I don't think it's fair or of good sense to say "All Cops Suck." Some do indeed, but they are a small minority. Maybe the vitriol and call to action should be directed at the unions and not the cops?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:06 am

It's blatantly unfair (and lazy) to generalize that "cops suck".

It's completely valid and way way late for everyone to understand that the way we police in this country does suck.

Although easy to obfuscate and difficult to differentiate, we have to do the hard work of separating the culture of policing from the people doing it in order to really fix things the right way.

Just hunting down individual bad actors or throwing everyone under the bus is never going to fix the real issue of permanently changing policing so that it goes back to the true ideals of "to protect and serve" instead of today's mantra of "to bully and entrap".

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:59 am

- Recruiting is key.
- So is periodic psychological counseling.

You can’t recruit a person into the force with a pro-racial discrimination tendency. Or someone who is sadistic. Or someone who has a fascination with guns. Etc. Filter out those applying -with sophisticated psychological testing. And - a thorough background check including internet activity.

Once on the force - rotate all police officers every three months from street work to desk jobs and back again. So that during their weeks “off the street” they can receive one-on-one psychological counseling. To talk about all the trauma they’ve witnessed, cry, decompress, grieve, express their feelings. Otherwise they’ll become angry, and desensitized to violence. Which is what we have now.

Maybe the police union can push for these changes. Maybe they’ll admit - a human being will “go bad” - when saturated with the worst of human situations over years (sad situations. sickening situations, injustice, violence - dishonest persons and encounters - mental illness, poverty - persons who murder children - persons harming/killing/preying on others - greedy persons, cheating persons, those exploiting the weak, etc).
Last edited by screen glare on Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:02 am

Lovinlife101 the Loudmouth - still awaiting your plan to stop all abortions. Well - master-mind? Let’s see it! Legal abortions/illegal. DIY or assisted abortions.

Get to it, Skippy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic