Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Defunding Police Departments

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Defunding Police Departments

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:36 am

If they want an antigovernmental person you probably want Trump. He has nothing to do with your local police department. Plus he is more anti-union overall.

On further thought - you shouldn't have governmental immunity and police unions. This mainly is a union problem that got us here.

Biden is BIG government man from carbon taxes to globalism.

Side note: his latest facebook and youtube ad had him stammering repeatedly. Seriously why even run it?
Last edited by audiophile on Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:40 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:36 am
If they want an antigovernmental person you probably want Trump. He has nothing to do with your local police department. Plus he is more anti-union overall. This mainly is a union problem that got us here.

Biden is BIG government man from carbon taxes to globalism.

Side note: his latest facebook and youtube ad had him stammering repeatedly. Seriously why even run it?
Trump is Also pro corruption... not my cup of tea but maybe yours?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:41 am

Ever heard of Hunter Biden? Nuff said.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:42 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:41 am
Ever heard of Hunter Biden? Nuff said.
There is no proven corruption there... we do have proven corruption on Trumps end of it though.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:47 am

That wooshing sound you hear is people with the financial means fleeing cities with defunded police police departments.

The wailing you hear is from the law abiding poor folks left behind when they become easy prey.

Oh, and I'm guessing the visitors bureau is going to be rather lonely too.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:38 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:47 am
That wooshing sound you hear is people with the financial means fleeing cities with defunded police police departments.

The wailing you hear is from the law abiding poor folks left behind when they become easy prey.

We need more GOOD officers, not less. Not ones that are nitpickers/ticket writers either.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:40 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:38 pm
Bryce wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:47 am

We need more GOOD officers, not less. Not ones that are nitpickers/ticket writers either.
Outlaw police unions. Problem solved.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:51 pm

Agreed.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:12 pm

As usual, those that want to change the world can't figure out how to market their ideas.

I know that by saying "Defund the Police" it allows those who wish to define it the way they want, but in reality, the goal is to understand that money spent on policing might be better spent in other areas that would also protect citizens and property. Also, defund the unions that actually run those departments.

Take for example Columbus Ohio - it spends almost $400,000,000 to police the city in recent years, more than a third of the total budget of the city. This will go to almost half a billion in less than ten years, but those getting paid out of that budget are not accountable to the people paying income taxes to fund that budget. In 2019, a Columbus police officer was convicted and imprisoned for buying sex on the job and faking reports. And after his release, he was put RIGHT BACK ON THE JOB because an arbitrator says he couldn't be fired based on past polices and the bargaining agreement with the union.

Not the way I'd prefer a half billion dollar organization to be operated. The process needs to change. Calling it "defunding" obfuscates the true goal...

EDIT: to correct typo - Thanks Bryce.
Last edited by Deleted User 12047 on Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:38 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:12 pm

I know that by saying "Defund the Police" it allows those who wish to define it the way they want, but in reality, the goal is to understand that money spent on policing might be better spent in other areas that would also protest citizens and property. Also, defund the unions that actually run those departments.
I'm guessing you meant protect instead of protest above. What exactly do you propose that the money be spent on? How will that protect the citizens and property?

Ya know, malls all over the country are closing. Maybe we could replace all the police officers with "Mall Cops". I hear they don't make much more than minimum wage.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:49 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:38 pm
Radio Sucks wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:12 pm

I know that by saying "Defund the Police" it allows those who wish to define it the way they want, but in reality, the goal is to understand that money spent on policing might be better spent in other areas that would also protest citizens and property. Also, defund the unions that actually run those departments.
I'm guessing you meant protect instead of protest above. What exactly do you propose that the money be spent on? How will that protect the citizens and property?

Ya know, malls all over the country are closing. Maybe we could replace all the police officers with "Mall Cops". I hear they don't make much more than minimum wage.
And replace police cars with segways...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:20 pm

Hoverboard?

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:47 pm

Spin scooters?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:14 pm

Three fixes:

Eliminate qualified immunity.
Eliminate police unions.
Require malpractice insurance.

If this isn't acceptable to law enforcement, then they can by God hold a bake sale like teachers have to in order to keep the tent up.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:31 pm

I'm no expert. I recommend experts in many areas concerning policing and safety should be put to task to evaluate every part of policing in the US and make recommendations. I understand there are more than one study currently available on handling crowds and protests. Don't let police unions decide how police departments are run. And make them accountable to the people paying their salaries.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic