Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Black Lives That Haven't Mattered Much

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Black Lives That Haven't Mattered Much

Post by Bryce » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:00 am

Black people that have been killed during the riots.
David Dorn
Italia Marie Kelly
David Patrick Underwood
Chris Beaty
David McAtee

According to MRC:
CBS spent just a single minute (61 seconds) on individuals killed during the riots, amounting to half a percent of their 201 minutes of protest coverage. ABC gave the victims 91 seconds, or 0.76 percent of their total 200 minutes spent on the demonstrations. On NBC, the victims received just over two minutes, or 0.7% of the network’s 309 minutes of protest-related programming.
These people matter.
Last edited by Bryce on Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Re: Black Lives That Haven't Mattered Much

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:02 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:00 am
Black people that have been killed during the riots.
David Dorn
Italia Marie Kelly
David Patrick Underwood
Chris Beaty
David McAtee

According to MRC:
CBS spent just a single minute (61 seconds) on individuals killed during the riots, amounting to half a percent of their 201 minutes of protest coverage. ABC gave the victims 91 seconds, or 0.76 percent of their total 200 minutes spent on the demonstrations. On NBC, the victims received just over two minutes, or 0.7% of the network’s 309 minutes of protest-related programming.
Men get killed in war for the greater good of society. Isn't the entire lie the military recruiters use is this very idea of honor and sacrifice?

The State of Michigan just changed laws for police training, Minneapolis is considering dismantling their police organization. New York State announced wholesale changed based on the activities. So there are , but with outcomes that will benefit all of us (expect maybe white men).
Last edited by TC Talks on Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:05 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:02 am
Men get killed in war for the greater good of society. Isn't the entire lie the military recruiters use is this very idea of honor and sacrifice?
Well, I'm glad to see a lefty finally admit that this isn't a "protest." They, as TCT intimated, have declared war against current society.

Maybe the Democratic Presidential Candidate thinks those five are part of the group he refers to when he said, "There are probably anywhere from 10 to 15 percent of the people out there who are just not very good people."

I notice he hasn't made plans to attend their funeral's or even bothered to mention them.
Last edited by Bryce on Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:32 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:05 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:02 am
Well, I'm glad to see a lefty finally admit that this isn't a "protest." They, as TCT intimated, have declared war against current society.

Maybe the Democratic Presidential Candidate thinks those five are part of the group he refers to when he said, "There are probably anywhere from 10 to 15 percent of the people out there who are just not very good people."

I notice he hasn't made plans to attend their funeral's or even bothered to mention them.
Those who I am speaking about were peacefully protesting and were brutalized by police. I believe that there are people who are taking advantage of the situation, but police are over stepping their role in enforcement and are neglecting their "Peacemaking" role.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:39 am

Don't try to walk it back. You used the war analogy. NOTHING about war is "peaceful."

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:52 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:39 am
Don't try to walk it back. You used the war analogy. NOTHING about war is "peaceful."
It’s worth pointing out that things have calmed way down in the last few days such that I don’t think riot really applies much now...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:49 am

Bryce wrote:
I don't know. The point to war is to force a change within a society. That's what we are dealing with. Protest signs are an effective weapon.

― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:41 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:49 am
Bryce wrote:
I don't know. The point to war is to force a change within a society. That's what we are dealing with. Protest signs are an effective weapon.
No! War is about killing people, breaking things and blowing stuff up. Your side views the lives lost as collateral damage. Those lives didn't advance your agenda.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:08 pm

Huh?

The word “war” has never been used only to describe a battle space bloody confrontation with humans wielding hardware weaponry.

What’s the semantics kick, Bryce?

Waste of time.

Or a diversion?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:07 pm

screen glare wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:08 pm
Huh?

The word “war” has never been used only to describe a battle space bloody confrontation with humans wielding hardware weaponry.

What’s the semantics kick, Bryce?

Waste of time.

Or a diversion?
Dictionary

war
/wôr/

a state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or state.

War...

Ever been to one snowflake?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:19 pm

Nice try... Keep playing...
noun
noun: war; plural noun: wars
a state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or state.
"Japan declared war on Germany"

a state of competition, conflict, or hostility between different people or groups.
"she was at war with her parents"

a sustained effort to deal with or end a particular unpleasant or undesirable situation or condition.
"the authorities are waging war against all forms of smuggling"

― Noam Chomsky

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:44 pm

Here in America we have 14,000 to 17,000 murders a year, year after year. The truth is we don't give two shits about any of them other than one every year or two when a white cop kills an unarmed black man. Then there is outrage for days or weeks while more bodies pile up unnoticed day after day.
Sincerely, Calvin Munerlyn

I no longer directly engage trolls

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:27 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:44 pm
Here in America we have 14,000 to 17,000 murders a year, year after year. The truth is we don't give two shits about any of them other than one every year or two when a white cop kills an unarmed black man. Then there is outrage for days or weeks while more bodies pile up unnoticed day after day.
Sincerely, Calvin Munerlyn
Ouch...

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:25 pm

Brother, Bryce! TC Talks just made a Trumpian GD liar out of you!
You lied by omission - as does Fox News. (It’s their MO.)

Then you tried to Trump me - with your Snowflake taunt.

But - TC Talks - while adding the more complete usage of the word “war” - which was my exact point to you - revealed - your very essence...

I picture it as the piles of shit inconsiderate pet owners don’t bag - along the rural street where I walk my giant, black, dog each day.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:03 pm

Craig11152 -

Nearly every TV newscast features a murder or murders as the first story. Plenty of newscasts. Day after day. Week after week. Month after month. Year after year. Hunt for killers. Perp walks. Trials. On and on.

Same with newspapers. And other news platforms. Books. Movies. Primetime tv shows. Documentaries. Plays. Poems. Songs. All full of tales about murders. In fact - we are so drenched in murders, murder mysteries, “who done it” story lines - both fact and fiction - I’d simply number them as countless.

So your missive from the murdered security guard doesn’t ring true. In fact - that particular senseless murder is a crime that’s known internationally! Everybody cares - about every dead body.

Especially, Craig - when they’ve been stacking up for decades - the result of unarmed black men murdered by white police officers in and around the dead driver’s car. Quite a maddening and bizarre pattern repeated time and again - all over the USA - for decades. Uniquely mostly American - like our frequent mass murder school shootings.

In fact - maybe school shootings will be the next peculiar style of American murder that will finally result in nationwide protests.

Stay tuned.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic