Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Breaking News: Unemployment 13%

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Re: Breaking News: Unemployment 13%

Post by screen glare » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:53 pm

Mnuchin didn’t do a thing without both he and Nancy Pelosi working it out together. He deserves no credit alone. It was both of them working together over days.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:32 pm

Wanted to add Uber to my earlier list. Their stock is up nearly 150 percent since bottoming out.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:52 pm

What states are doing better? States that resisted the bullshit natural science epic fail or states that closed down everything for no reason? Can you imagine wishing for your fellow Americans suffering for your own political beliefs?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:41 am

I half to laugh at the some of the krappy hype media produces.

One state was in red from increase in their total number of cases a week or two ago. It was up from like 25 to 57 cases, yet another state went to 20,000 to 21,000 were listed as green for improving. LOL

Morons.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:42 am

I haven't seen May 31 stats yet for Michigan, but as of April 30, unemployment in our state was 22 percent. That's the worst it's ever been in modern history!

Compounding matters are continued fuck ups in the Michigan UIA. The horrific MiDAS system deployed during the Snyder administration is the gift that keeps giving. That being said, Whitmer's administration has been flat footed in resolving lingering issues and definitely deserves blame. Some folks who were approved for unemployment over 60 days ago still haven't received checks! Would love to know why the state rejected IT assistance offers from Microsoft and Quicken Loans, among others.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:25 am

MiWAM I think has been ok after the initial surge, except it often incorrectly said Michigan ID invalid and made you speak to a representative, of course, you could never get through, it would just hangup on you.

The person I was helping hasn't seen any money yet.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:05 pm

I just wanted to add that it's odd that "Karen" has become the namesake for describing a privileged, snooty, spoiled brat middle class white female. I know of several African American women who are named Karen.

Everyone I've known named Karen - white or black - could not possibly be FARTHER from the stereotyped image. I feel bad that their first name is being besmirched.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:41 am

That’s strange. Every Karen I’ve worked with fits the description of a karen.

Could it be there are Karens who do and Karens who don’t fit the description?

Profound!

Just like Felecia. As in “Bye Felecia.”

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic