Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Van Jones: Forget the KKK, it's the 'white, liberal Hillary Clinton supporter' we should worry about

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Re: Van Jones: Forget the KKK, it's the 'white, liberal Hillary Clinton supporter' we should worry about

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:19 pm

There used to be a saying. There's only three things to fear-Osama, Obama, and Chelsea's Mama.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Matt

Re: Van Jones: Forget the KKK, it's the 'white, liberal Hillary Clinton supporter' we should worry about

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:26 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:19 pm
There used to be a saying. There's only three things to fear-Osama, Obama, and Chelsea's Mama.
A swing and a miss.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:04 pm

I'm a little confused...

How does Van Jones know the political leanings of the lady in Central Park?

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:10 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:26 pm
A swing and a miss.
Shut up you Ann Arbor snob. Thinks he's better than anyone else.

Osama, Obama, Chelsea's Mama. Three strikes YOU'RE out!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:13 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:04 pm
I'm a little confused...

How does Van Jones know the political leanings of the lady in Central Park?
Maybe it got out there somehow... social media? I haven’t heard such a thing before though...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:19 pm

The woman clearly was out of line in emphasizing the man's race when calling the cops. She is also a complete bitch for not leashing her dog in a nature area. Situation would've been diffused immediately had she done so.

That said, the guy was acting flaky, too.

This appears to be a case of two adults acting like immature teenagers.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:22 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:10 pm
Matt wrote:
A swing and a miss.

I'm better than you. Imagine creating a screen name to troll another troll...

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:33 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:22 pm
TC Shuts Up wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:10 pm
Matt wrote:
A swing and a miss.

I'm better than you. Imagine creating a screen name to troll another troll...
Starting to (gulp!) not hate you.

Football season can't start soon enough.
Last edited by Honeyman on Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:26 pm

Another option would be to train your dog to the point it doesn't need a leash.

I find that most black folks are afraid of my dogs. Personally, I think they are "dogist". Once they see how my dogs respond to them after I tell the dogs that "they're OK", they fall in love with them.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:56 pm

Per the articles I read (as is true of most parks), dogs were required to be on leash.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:50 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:56 pm
Per the articles I read (as is true of most parks), dogs were required to be on leash.
I guess there's a closet Libertarian in me. Rules like that are always put in place for the lowest common denominator. Some people are capable to drive a car and talk on a cell phone. Some folks cant. Because of this, some areas institute rules so no one can do so.

Should most dogs be on a leash when out in public? Yup, I agree. Do ALL dogs need to be leashed in public? No. Although, under most circumstances it is prudent to do so, it should be up to the owner/trainer/caretaker to decide when it's prudent and when it's not. Not some guy watching birds. Especially when the dog wasn't even bothering him. Maybe this guy should get a job here in Michigan telling people shopping at Home Depot and Walmart to put a face covering on. After all it's the rules.

I have two dogs. To the uninformed, they look intimidating. I could be walking both of them in a park, off leash, and a squirrel could run up to them and fart in their face and they wouldn't leave my side unless I told them to do so. I have them trained to a very high standard. Conversely, if I were walking down the side of the Lodge Freeway at rush hour because my car broke down, I would have them on a leash, just in case because it would be prudent to do so for their safety as well as motorists.

Having a stranger come up to me, out of nowhere, and get in my face because my dogs weren't on a leash while I was training in a park and then became aggressive, he most likely would have wished I called the police.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:59 am

It's hard to take sides in Cooper vs. Cooper. But I think I would go ballistic if someone was going to try to give my dog poison treats, which apparently he did. Too bad she didn't have a gun to pull out and shoot the dog hater. She'd be in less trouble. Animal haters and dog killers and poisoners don't deserve to live, regardless of race, creed, or color. Most dogs and some cats are more loyal and loving than people. And they don't hate like Cooper the dog poisoner.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:42 am

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:50 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
I guess there's a closet Libertarian in me. Rules like that are always put in place for the lowest common denominator. Some people are capable to drive a car and talk on a cell phone. Some folks cant. Because of this, some areas institute rules so no one can do so.

Should most dogs be on a leash when out in public? Yup, I agree. Do ALL dogs need to be leashed in public? No. Although, under most circumstances it is prudent to do so, it should be up to the owner/trainer/caretaker to decide when it's prudent and when it's not. Not some guy watching birds. Especially when the dog wasn't even bothering him. Maybe this guy should get a job here in Michigan telling people shopping at Home Depot and Walmart to put a face covering on. After all it's the rules.

I have two dogs. To the uninformed, they look intimidating. I could be walking both of them in a park, off leash, and a squirrel could run up to them and fart in their face and they wouldn't leave my side unless I told them to do so. I have them trained to a very high standard. Conversely, if I were walking down the side of the Lodge Freeway at rush hour because my car broke down, I would have them on a leash, just in case because it would be prudent to do so for their safety as well as motorists.

Having a stranger come up to me, out of nowhere, and get in my face because my dogs weren't on a leash while I was training in a park and then became aggressive, he most likely would have wished I called the police.
If I’m not mistaken his beef was that the dog would potentially scare the birds away... kinda cramps the style of a bird watcher...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:39 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Why are you calling the young lady a dog? :razz

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:22 am

if someone was going to try to give my dog poison treats, which apparently he did.
Re-read the articles.

The lady was indeed paranoid about the treats, but there was nothing "poisonous" about them.

The man was fed up with dogs off leash chasing birds. Did he overreact? Yes. The stupid lady could've simply leashed her dog and walked away, though. Instead, she decided to make an even bigger scene.

It appears there are areas of Central Park where having dogs off leash may be allowed, but let's remember - this was a nature observation area of the park.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic