Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

"Black Lives Matter" - yeah, right.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

"Black Lives Matter" - yeah, right.

Post by bmw » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:16 pm

Black people (and for that matter, all people) should be offended by white people using that phrase. In reality, the only blacks these protesters REALLY care about are those killed by white cops. Blacks killed by rioters (there have been several now, including an ex-college football player and a retired police Captain) mean absolutely nothing and are simply collateral damage.

Bryce

Re: "Black Lives Matter" - yeah, right.

Post by Bryce » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:20 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:16 pm
Black people (and for that matter, all people) should be offended by white people using that phrase. In reality, the only blacks these protesters REALLY care about are those killed by white cops. Blacks killed by rioters (there have been several now, including an ex-college football player and a retired police Captain) mean absolutely nothing and are simply collateral damage.
As I posted in another thread:
Until they address the fact that 94% of black victims are murdered by black assailants, and do something about it, it's hard to take them seriously. It sure seems to me that black lives only matter to them if there's a white police officer involved.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:37 pm

It also doesn't help that blacks commit violent crime at a far higher rate than any other race. Nobody ever talks about the lives THEY take.

I'm just fed up with this "blacks are still suppressed" narrative. To the extent that this may be true, it largely isn't because of white people; they bring a lot of it upon themselves.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:27 am

All B.S. from two RR’s. Typical.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:42 am

screen glare wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:27 am
Do you care to refute any of the above statements with facts rather than incoherent babbling and emotion?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:06 am

screen glare wrote:
Yeah, how dare you speak up in the middle of a Klan meeting.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:10 am

:lol
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:06 am
screen glare wrote:
Yeah, how dare you speak up in the middle of a Klan meeting.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:26 am

Perhaps our resident liberals could explain then why the killing in cold blood of people like:

Chris Beaty - former college football player

or...

David Dorn - retired police captain

If Black lives matter, why are THESE deaths not being protested? I said it once and I'll say it again - the BLM crowd is either unaware of these deaths OR they view these deaths as collateral damage.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:53 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:26 am
Perhaps our resident liberals could explain then why the killing in cold blood of people like:

Chris Beaty - former college football player

or...

David Dorn - retired police captain

If Black lives matter, why are THESE deaths not being protested? I said it once and I'll say it again - the BLM crowd is either unaware of these deaths OR they view these deaths as collateral damage.
“Hey Cops! STOP Killing Our People” would have been a better slogan...

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:54 pm

No need for a “better” slogan.

Black Lives Matter is only non-understandable and lacking in the minds of racists who refuse to acknowledge the hundreds of years of slavery, Jim Crow, “separate but equal” discrimination, two unequal justice systems for American whites and blacks etc. etc. etc. over the history of this country.

And I don’t care to cater to racists. Their time is up.

Black Lives Matter!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:59 pm

screen glare wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:54 pm
No need for a “better” slogan.

Black Lives Matter is only non-understandable and lacking in the minds of racists who refuse to acknowledge the hundreds of years of slavery, Jim Crow, “separate but equal” discrimination, two unequal justice systems for American whites and blacks etc. etc. etc. over the history of this country.

And I don’t care to cater to racists. Their time is up.

Black Lives Matter!
I think it’s high time to abolish the institution of race... then we could say Human Lives Matter and include everyone. Why must we group ourselves and further the needless and worthless divide?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:22 pm

screen glare wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:54 pm
Black Lives Matter!
Lots of people think so too...

Some people don't...

Why do we protest one, while ignoring the other?

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:53 am

Black Lives Matter.

No Matter WHAT Bryce is selling.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:32 am

screen glare wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:53 am
Black Lives Matter.

No Matter WHAT Bryce is selling.
Then why the fuck is no one doing anything about people burning down and destroying black neighborhoods?

According to a national study done by the Washington Post, in 2019 a total of 9 unarmed black people (19 unarmed white people) were killed by Police Officers. Eight of those unarmed black people were severely beating either another officer or a civilian and ruled justifiable.

According to FBI crime statistic's, in 2019, a little more than 7,400 black people were murdered. 6,660 of those people were killed by other black people. Over the Memorial Day weekend, 17 black people were shot and killed by other black people in Chicago alone. Yet, the Democrat politicians who control the cities where these atrocities take place are silent, day in and day out. No one protests. No one marches. No news crews cover it.

Maybe the slogan should be changed to:

"Black Lives Matter When It Can Advance A Political Agenda"

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:50 am

Next time a white guy is killed by a cop that is black or white then we can protest and start the White Lives Matter. Will it have the same impact?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic