Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

All Lives Matter

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 4520

All Lives Matter

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:40 am

Please STOP with "Black Lives Matter". To me that slogan is extremely racist. Why not use "All Lives Matter"? It doesn't matter who you are, your skin color, race, sex, nationality, etc. These things can happen to anyone and everyone, not just the black community. If people want to protest, fine, I get it. But when the riots and looting start, that is a whole new game and becomes criminal.

Deleted User 15342

Re: All Lives Matter

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:48 am

You’re absolutely correct Sir “Black Lives Matter” is very racist.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:12 pm

It refers to unarmed black male motorists who - over decades - have been voluminously murdered by white law enforcement officers.

However - that modern day phenomenon is part of a longer history in The United States - where black slaves were legally animals instead of humans, and later through Jim Crow and beyond - systemically - regarded as inferior to whites.

So “Black Lives Matter” is appropriate in that historical context.

Only racists refuse to admit it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:24 pm

screen glare wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:12 pm
It refers to unarmed black male motorists who - over decades - have been voluminously murdered by white law enforcement officers.

However - that modern day phenomenon is part of a longer history in The United States - where black slaves were legally animals instead of humans, and later through Jim Crow and beyond - systemically - regarded as inferior to whites.

So “Black Lives Matter” is appropriate in that historical context.

Only racists refuse to admit it.
I don’t have a racist bone in my body but All Lives Matter works for me better than Black Lives Matter... treat everybody equally. ALL of them.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:48 pm

"Black Lives Matter" to me insinuates that other lives don't matter and only black lives are important. That's my take on the slogan. Hence, "All Lives Matter" seem more appropriate.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic