Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Like Father, Like Son

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Like Father, Like Son

Post by Bryce » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:14 am

Jeremiah Ellison, who is a member of the Minneapolis City Council, and son of current Minnesota AG Keith Ellison, via twitter:
"I hereby declare, officially, my support for ANTIFA," Ellison said. "Unless someone can prove to me ANTIFA is behind the burning of black and immigrant owned businesses in my ward, I’ll keep focusing on stopping the white power terrorist THE ARE ACTUALLY ATTACKING US!"
Former U.S. Congressman, Deputy Chair of The Democratic National Committee and current AG of The State of Minnesota:

Now we might have a handle on why the official line coming out of Minneapolis is that "right-wing" groups are responsible for setting the city on fire. Elected officials there support ANTIFA.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Re: Like Father, Like Son

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:00 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:14 am
Jeremiah Ellison, who is a member of the Minneapolis City Council, and son of current Minnesota AG Keith Ellison, via twitter:
"I hereby declare, officially, my support for ANTIFA," Ellison said. "Unless someone can prove to me ANTIFA is behind the burning of black and immigrant owned businesses in my ward, I’ll keep focusing on stopping the white power terrorist THE ARE ACTUALLY ATTACKING US!"
Former U.S. Congressman, Deputy Chair of The Democratic National Committee and current AG of The State of Minnesota:

Now we might have a handle on why the official line coming out of Minneapolis is that "right-wing" groups are responsible for setting the city on fire. Elected officials there support ANTIFA.
Because right wing people are so perfect and upstanding that they would never do anything wrong to anybody.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:28 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:00 am

Because right wing people are so perfect and upstanding that they would never do anything wrong to anybody.
The difference being is that conservatives impugn far right hate groups like the Proud Boy's, KKK, Aryan Brotherhood, etc. etc. Liberals embrace the far left hate groups. Hell, we even had a liberal President that attended a far left hate church.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:34 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:28 am
Rate This wrote:

The difference being is that conservatives impugn far right hate groups like the Proud Boy's, KKK, Aryan Brotherhood, etc. etc. Liberals embrace the far left hate groups. Hell, we even had a liberal President that attended a far left hate church.
Conservatives often don’t acknowledge that such groups are on the right to begin with. They certainly don’t impugn such groups with any sort of regularity. They bend themselves into pretzels over the issue. This is essentially like debating who has better fans... Michigan or Ohio State. We need to acknowledge at some point that both sides are full of knuckle heads rather then engage in whatever false “See! See! my side isn’t as bad as yours!” you are attempting here.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:00 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:28 am
Rate This wrote:

I go to a very mixed race church, and we don't get into politics at all.

Obama's church was racist social club.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:43 am

Son is not the father.

Son is an adult with his own views.

How many kids do you know who go in the opposite direction of the parent? I know plenty. Especially between dads and adult sons.

Prince Harry, Hunter Biden, Reynolds tobacco heir, Ron Reagan,
Lots. And everyone here knows it. That fact is undeniable. Plenty of adult sons are loved by their families - yet they agree with dad on almost nothing. And between plenty - there is lifelong animosity. Or hatred. Or out-in-out war.

Re that photo - looks like another person’s hand holding the booklet. Or not. So it doesn't mean much.

Re Obama’s former church - also means zero in this topic. Unless you’re Rush Limbaugh. Or any other run-o-the-mill American racist. Remember birther leader TV reality yahoo Donald Trump?

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:40 am

BTW - FBI and other US security/intel agencies are no doubt investigating currently - and have been all along - home grown anti-establishment violence-prone and violence-glorifying individuals, groups, and organizations.

I understand it’s easier to keep track of those that are organized instead of those that refuse organization in favor of anarchy.
So Boogaloo, KKK, neo-Nazi easier to investigate than antifa-types?

Barr’s rare weekend public news briefing is a giveaway as to Trump’s instant push to distract from the “why” behind the protests - distracting from racist police murdering unarmed blacks - to instead “democrat” lefty governors and mayors, and out-of-area anti-fa style individuals/groups.

Sounds precisely like Trump’s instant, political flame-fanning, divisiveness instinct - at work again. Exactly what we’ve seen with his ineffective response to the Coronavirus Pandemic. Hell - he even politicized mask wearing!

Wonder if the looters in Santa Monica on Sunday early evening really are, as one bystander yelled, out of work persons with no income left to feed and shelter their families? They certainly weren’t the cop murder protestors. Those protestors were elsewhere.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic