Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Klobuchar's star appears to be fading fast...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Klobuchar's star appears to be fading fast...

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat May 30, 2020 10:12 am

It appears she has a track record of taking a "hands off" approach to cases involving excessive force by police:
https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/05/ ... term=third

Excerpt:
“Amy Klobuchar didn’t prosecute officer at center of George Floyd’s death after previous conduct complaints,” reads the headline at The Week. The police officer seen kneeling on Floyd’s neck was involved in the killing of another suspect who allegedly pulled a gun. The final decision not to prosecute was made after Klobuchar left the job, but as the Washington Post reported in March, Klobuchar “declined to bring charges in more than two dozen cases in which people were killed in encounters with police.”

Assume for the sake of argument that the facts in each case vindicate Klobuchar’s decision not to prosecute. Can Biden really pick her if she’s seen as turning a blind eye to police brutality, even if that view is unfair?

David Wasserman of the Cook Political Report goes so far as to say that “Amy Klobuchar is off the list now” to be Biden’s running mate. It’s not clear her odds are nil, but they have taken a H*** hit.
Some additional info & reporting:

https://theweek.com/speedreads/916926/a ... -successor

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

bmw

Re: Klobuchar's star appears to be fading fast...

Post by bmw » Sat May 30, 2020 12:29 pm

Her odds on PredictIt of being the VP nominee have fallen from a high of 25% barely over a week ago to a low of 4% yesterday.

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detai ... nomination

Meanwhile, the rubes over at CNN, in an article published just 2 days ago, put her in second place behind only Kamala Harris.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/28/politics ... index.html

I don't know how anybody can take anything published or spoken by anybody at CNN seriously.

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Sat May 30, 2020 12:43 pm

Biden will just end up picking Barack Obama anyhow.

As for CNN, I give them full credit for being able to switch from politics to reporting hard news last night. They have solid street reporters that, when allowed to do so, are willing and able to get their hands and feet dirty covering breaking news straight up. I appreciated their coverage last night when Fox was floundering around and MSNBC was still spinning politics. CNN was much better than the others.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat May 30, 2020 4:50 pm

Barack???

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat May 30, 2020 5:39 pm

Biden would be a fool....check that....more of a fool if he picked Kamala Harris. What does that bring him? I think he has California and the black vote pretty well sewn up. Shes an abrasive woman with a questionable road to get where she got.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat May 30, 2020 5:40 pm

Howard Jones wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 12:43 pm
Biden will just end up picking Barack Obama anyhow.

As for CNN, I give them full credit for being able to switch from politics to reporting hard news last night. They have solid street reporters that, when allowed to do so, are willing and able to get their hands and feet dirty covering breaking news straight up. I appreciated their coverage last night when Fox was floundering around and MSNBC was still spinning politics. CNN was much better than the others.
Or as Joe Biden refers to him: "the clean, articulate colored fella".

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Sat May 30, 2020 5:54 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 4:50 pm
Barack???
I know, I know.

When Biden shortened the VP candidate list to make it so he now has to choose a woman, Barack is literally Biden's only escape from that promise that people will accept. It's soon to be June 1st and there isn't going to be a traditional convention due to Covid. He's running out of time and candidates. Obama will be offered up as the great healer the longer the racial unrest continues.

Maybe Oprah will reconsider.

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Sat May 30, 2020 6:55 pm

Howard Jones wrote:Biden will just end up picking Barack Obama anyhow.

Agreed. CNN has done a tremendous job.

One thing I really don't care for is how they keep bringing Klobuchar on every time Minneapolis is the focal point, and how they're pushing her as a viable VP pick. She's literally the most uninspiring choice anyone could think of. Also, is it even legal/acceptable for Biden to pick Obama as VP? That seems like it would be impossible to pull off...

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

take this job and shove it

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat May 30, 2020 10:01 pm

After reading this, I checked CNN out of curiosity. All I saw was coverage of Ohio on the screen while Kamala Harris was on the phone rambling on about racism. I quickly shut it back off.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun May 31, 2020 9:03 am

From fading to supernovae...
Dr. Jill Biden, the former vice president’s wife, canceled a digital event with Klobuchar and coronavirus first-responders. A source on Biden’s team said that this decision was made “partly because we need to avoid her.”

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun May 31, 2020 5:25 pm

In honor of Amy Klobuchar:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic