Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Even The N.Y. Times Thinks Democrats Are Racist

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Even The N.Y. Times Thinks Democrats Are Racist

Post by Bryce » Sun May 24, 2020 10:28 pm

THE NEW YORK TIMES, admits that the Democrat Party embraced racism and was the party of the KKK.
The New York Times editorial board wrote that “the federal government embraced pillars of the white supremacist movement when it named military bases in the South.”

The editorial listed Fort Benning, Ga., as an example, noting that the military base honored Henry Lewis Benning, a Confederate general “who devoted himself to the premise that African-Americans were not really human and could never be trusted with full citizenship.”
The editorial also pointed to another Georgia base named after a Confederate general, John Brown Gordon, writing that by naming the base after him, “the federal government venerated a man who was a leader of the Georgia Ku Klux Klan after the Civil War and who may have taken on a broader role in the terrorist organization when its first national leader — a former Confederate general, Nathan Bedford Forrest — suffered declining health.”
Political affiliation? You guessed it. Democrat Party. Both of them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/23/opin ... ticleShare
Last edited by Bryce on Mon May 25, 2020 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 15335

Re: Even The N.Y. Times Think Democrats Are Racist

Post by Deleted User 15335 » Sun May 24, 2020 10:33 pm

Newyork Times is fake news.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun May 24, 2020 10:43 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:28 pm
THE NEW YORK TIMES, admits that the Democrat Party embraced racism and was the party of the KKK.
The New York Times editorial board wrote that “the federal government embraced pillars of the white supremacist movement when it named military bases in the South.”

The editorial listed Fort Benning, Ga., as an example, noting that the military base honored Henry Lewis Benning, a Confederate general “who devoted himself to the premise that African-Americans were not really human and could never be trusted with full citizenship.”
The editorial also pointed to another Georgia base named after a Confederate general, John Brown Gordon, writing that by naming the base after him, “the federal government venerated a man who was a leader of the Georgia Ku Klux Klan after the Civil War and who may have taken on a broader role in the terrorist organization when its first national leader — a former Confederate general, Nathan Bedford Forrest — suffered declining health.”
Political affiliation? You guessed it. Democrat Party. Both of them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/23/opin ... ticleShare
For the hundredth time you’re ignoring the 1960’s realignment and trying to shoehorn the post civil war and post 1964 Democratic parties together. Why you keep trying to do this is beyond me... they aren’t the same thing...

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon May 25, 2020 3:25 am

It’s like when modern day republicans try to glorify their party by stating the fact that President Abraham Lincoln was a republican.

“Remember. We’re the party of Lincoln!”

When also - in fact - the republican and democratic political parties have accomplished a well-documented switch between them - in what and who they support, attract, and embrace.

If Lincoln were alive today he’d be a democrat. He’d take one look at Trump - Tweets, tawdry words/behavior, habitual lack of truthfulness - and be ashamed and alarmed that Trump is a US president. Same with presidents Nixon, Hoover, and other republican presidents who were criminal or ineffective to the point of - in one way or another - destroying the union.

Institutional racism, misogyny, voter suppression, flaming anti-immigration activity, suppression of non-politicized science, destruction of the environment, attacks on press freedom, promotion of gun violence, busting unions, relaxing safety regulations, Neo-con court packing, no universal health care, international isolationism, devaluing NATO, corrupting the US Department of Justice, attacking laws that protect consumer finances, launching war against US intelligence agencies, promoting Russian propaganda and a plethora of conspiracy theories, etc, etc, etc.

In all - a modern day parade of republican hits against American democratic values - that used to be the envy of the world.

Lincoln would not be amused at what the republican party has become. In fact - he would find it appalling.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon May 25, 2020 4:29 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:43 pm

For the hundredth time you’re ignoring the 1960’s realignment
Realignment? Try as I might, I cant come up with any pro slavery post 1960 Republicans. I've done some searching, and it seems that the last KKK member to serve in U.S. Senate. post 1960, was also a Democrat. The modern day Democrat party even honored him in 1989 (YOO HOO 1989) by naming the suite of offices in the U.S. Capitol that house the Democrat leadership the “Robert C. Byrd Rooms.”

Face it. The Democrat party was, and is, the pro slavery party. The plantation's they keep just look different today.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

screen glare

Re: Even The N.Y. Times Thinks Democrats Are Racist

Post by screen glare » Mon May 25, 2020 5:48 am

What a stinking pile of elephant dung, Bryce. Not even a nice try.

If Lincoln were alive he’d be a Democrat.

Few bad mistakes in every human endeavor do not
overwhelm its larger good.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon May 25, 2020 8:01 am

screen glare wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 5:48 am

https://www.youaintblack.com/

https://www.facebook.com/BlackVoicesforTrump20/

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 25, 2020 8:47 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:01 am
screen glare wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 5:48 am

https://www.youaintblack.com/

https://www.facebook.com/BlackVoicesforTrump20/
Didn’t take them long to market it even if it’s weak marketing did it?

Byrd eventually saw the error of his ways and the Democratic Party shifted from pro slavery to pro segregation by the early 1900’s. After the civil rights act of 1964 was passed southern Democrats began a long steady realignment that saw the last few states really cross over in 1980. 1992 and 1996 were exceptions for a couple of states, 92 because of Perot and 96 because Bob Dole was a sacrificial lamb. But several of those southern states haven’t voted Democrat in 40 years after being solid Democrat for well over 100. Then several states that had been red became blue in the north and on the coasts. That’s why it’s a realignment. Several states switched sites in BOTH directions as the parties went through a major shift in ideas and ideology.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon May 25, 2020 3:03 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:47 am

BBut several of those southern states haven’t voted Democrat in 40 years after being solid Democrat for well over 100.
So what you're saying is that people in those southern states became enlightened? They were disgruntled with the party of slavery and the KKK, so they started voting Republican?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon May 25, 2020 3:16 pm

I'm not sure how well traveled everyone is but having lived in NC for extended periods I can assure you currently it's not the Democrats that welcome any and all opportunities to stand on the necks of minorities.

As for the past, that's the past.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon May 25, 2020 3:19 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:16 pm
As for the past, that's the past.
Hey, a hooker can become a nun. She was still a hooker.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon May 25, 2020 3:27 pm

Jesus Bryce, for the most part you're talking about people who are dead and gone.
You need to be real careful if you want to start making people atone for the sins of their fathers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 25, 2020 4:28 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:03 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:47 am

BBut several of those southern states haven’t voted Democrat in 40 years after being solid Democrat for well over 100.
So what you're saying is that people in those southern states became enlightened? They were disgruntled with the party of slavery and the KKK, so they started voting Republican?
No I'm saying the Democrats enlightened and so the folks who were Democrats but didn't like that direction switched parties and de-enlightened the Republican party...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon May 25, 2020 10:15 pm

Mon May 25, 2020 3:27 pm
Jesus Bryce, for the most part you're talking about people who are dead and gone.
You need to be real careful if you want to start making people atone for the sins of their fathers.
I'm not asking for atonement, nor am I talking about people per se. I'm stating historical fact about a political party. I like to point it out once in a while because it certainly isn't being talked about in the government/union run schools.

There are any number of things that the Republican Party should be ashamed of historically. Being the party of slavery and anti civil rights isn't one of them.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 26, 2020 1:09 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:15 pm
Mon May 25, 2020 3:27 pm
I'm not asking for atonement, nor am I talking about people per se. I'm stating historical fact about a political party. I like to point it out once in a while because it certainly isn't being talked about in the government/union run schools.

There are any number of things that the Republican Party should be ashamed of historically. Being the party of slavery and anti civil rights isn't one of them.
But it does get talked about...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic