Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Grouchy Fauci Says "School's Out Forever".

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Ben Zonia

Grouchy Fauci Says "School's Out Forever".

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue May 12, 2020 2:30 pm

No school in the Fall according to Fauci.

https://bestlifeonline.com/fauci-schools-open-fall/

Idle kids at home for months and months. What could go wrong?

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

bmw

Re: Grouchy Fauci Says "School's Out Forever".

Post by bmw » Tue May 12, 2020 3:01 pm

I think the time has come for Trump to show Mr. Fauci the door. Such a decision would no doubt have political consequences, but speaking of a "bridge too far" - the suggestion of keeping schools closed this fall is a "bridge too far" for me.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 12, 2020 3:03 pm

I saw plenty of Republicans throwing softballs at the hearings today. Only a few were towing Trump's bullshit. If Trump fired Fauci, it would be over for him. Nobody trusts Trump after things like "Disinfectantgate"

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue May 12, 2020 3:20 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 3:03 pm
I saw plenty of Republicans throwing softballs at the hearings today. Only a few were towing Trump's bullshit. If Trump fired Fauci, it would be over for him. Nobody trusts Trump after things like "Disinfectantgate"
I disagree. There is that third of the population that doesn't give a shit what he says or does, they are either too blind or too stupid and will always support him. They even defended him thru "Disinfectantgate", or denied he said what they heard him say with their own ears.

The censorship king from out of state.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue May 12, 2020 5:53 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 3:20 pm
TC Talks wrote:
I disagree. There is that third of the population that doesn't give a shit what he says or does, they are either too blind or too stupid and will always support him. They even defended him thru "Disinfectantgate", or denied he said what they heard him say with their own ears.
In this case you're both right. There is a minority of people that will always trust Trump, but firing Fauci would most certainly end any chances of Trump being re-elected.

In related news, the University of Washington (Go Huskies) have just updated their modeling & projections. The headline grabber is a roughly doubling of deaths through Aug. 4th from the current 80-some thousand to 147,000.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 12, 2020 5:58 pm

You should all be rooting for Trump to fire him then, if that's all there is to defeating Trump in November.

So do you all support keeping schools closed this fall? At what point in time does fallout from staying closed exceed the risk of being open? I believe we're already AT LEAST at that tipping point right now.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 12, 2020 6:58 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 5:58 pm
So do you all support keeping schools closed this fall? At what point in time does fallout from staying closed exceed the risk of being open? I believe we're already AT LEAST at that tipping point right now.
I'm for safely getting through this pandemic. I don't need that decision being made by a careless narcissist who can't read. If the schools should be closed, close them.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 12, 2020 8:34 pm

TC Talks wrote:
"Disinfectantgate" was a manufactured news event, much like "Russian Collusion", that never transpired.

Everyone but left wing loons are aware of this. SG is a proponent.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 12, 2020 8:39 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:34 pm
TC Talks wrote:
"Disinfectantgate" was a manufactured news event, much like "Russian Collusion", that never transpired.

Everyone but left wing loons are aware of this. SG is a proponent.
Never transpired? He’s on video asking if disinfectant can be injected and if light can somehow be brought into the body to kill the virus... how can you say it didn’t happen? Is that really Alec Baldwin or something?!?!

Just the sight of the guy asking that as a serious question puts him in a class apart from any other president and not in a good way. There was nothing manufactured about that except when people started adding brand names into it like Lysol. But he asked it as a legitimate question and you could see Birx on the wall trying hard not to react. It was a major gaffe on his part and any child of 5 could figure out not to make that mistake. His advisors were then begging him to stop the daily briefings as they were hurting his numbers and this was the straw that broke the camels back and got them to try telling him to stop. They tried to say he was kidding but that was clearly damage control from a really dumb move.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue May 12, 2020 9:13 pm

Major, major gaffe. One of the nails in the coffin- heavy duty nail.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue May 12, 2020 11:24 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 3:20 pm
TC Talks wrote:

The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed May 13, 2020 7:43 am

Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:24 pm
They even defended him thru "Disinfectantgate", or denied he said what they heard him say with their own ears.[/b][/b]
Hold on there my impressive friend. I did not say he didn't say it, I said it became a manufactured news story. It went from a free thinking muse and asking questions of the Doctors present, to people reporting Trump suggested people shoot Lysol and Clorox into their veins.

He also mused about the use of "powerful light".
Ultraviolet blood irradiation (UBI) was extensively used in the 1940s and 1950s to treat many diseases including septicemia, pneumonia, tuberculosis, arthritis, asthma and even poliomyelitis. The early studies were carried out by several physicians in USA and published in the American Journal of Surgery.
Solutions to problems often start with someone asking, "What would happen if..." Business people think that way.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 13, 2020 8:45 am

Bryce wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 7:43 am
Honeyman wrote:
They even defended him thru "Disinfectantgate", or denied he said what they heard him say with their own ears.[/b][/b]
Hold on there my impressive friend. I did not say he didn't say it, I said it became a manufactured news story. It went from a free thinking muse and asking questions of the Doctors present, to people reporting Trump suggested people shoot Lysol and Clorox into their veins.

He also mused about the use of "powerful light".
Ultraviolet blood irradiation (UBI) was extensively used in the 1940s and 1950s to treat many diseases including septicemia, pneumonia, tuberculosis, arthritis, asthma and even poliomyelitis. The early studies were carried out by several physicians in USA and published in the American Journal of Surgery.
Solutions to problems often start with someone asking, "What would happen if..." Business people think that way.
But any child of 5 shouldn’t need to ask...

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Wed May 13, 2020 8:59 am

Bryce wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 7:43 am
Honeyman wrote:
So it's okay for a president to "free think out loud" during a nationally televised presentation to millions of Americans who are frightened and scared and looking for a way to survive what might be a disaster of epic proportion?Isn't that better done behind closed doors with the experts? I'm not saying don't look for every possible answer I'm saying it's a horrible idea to do it in public.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed May 13, 2020 9:26 am

Radio Sucks wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 8:59 am
millions of Americans who are frightened and scared and looking for a way to survive what might be a disaster of epic proportion?
Are you always this dramatic?

Epic proportions?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic