Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump Objects. Fauci Silenced. UnAmerican!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Trump Objects. Fauci Silenced. UnAmerican!

Post by screen glare » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:41 am

Every American ought to seriously rise up and protest what we saw Sunday (4/5/20) evening at the President’s daily Coronavirus Task Force briefing.

Trump had spent much of the briefing delivering the hard sell on a Malaria drug he insists should be widely given to Americans ill with COVID-19. Despite no SCIENTIFIC evidence that the drug (with its injurious side effects) has any effect on this pandemic microbe - the novel Coronavirus.

Reporters realize Trump's a GD championship liar - without a drop of empathy - and responsible for the nation’s pandemic unpreparedness with months if dire warnings. They also realize Trump does not believe in science (Climate Change) - nor is he a medical expert. Logically then - the reporters instead wanted to hear from Dr. Fauci on the drug Trump was promoting with his circus barker confidence.

However - as Dr. Fauci was asked for his expert opinion - Trump instantly piped up - and argued with the reporter that he’d “already asked the question 15 times” so there was no reason to ask Dr. Fauci. Then - Trump moved forward and loomed in a threatening stance. The effect? Both the reporter and Fauci went dead-silent. Not daring to freely engage in The Land of The Free.

No other President of The United States of America would have put on such a display of muzzling freedom of speech, and freedom of the press on live television.

That video will live in infamy - all around the world.

We are no longer a bright beacon of freedom. We are a sick stinking slew - Donald Trump’s Dump. Full of unchecked contagion and disease - thanks to his mixed message, no plan, NonLeadership.

I hope with that disgusting show of disdain for everything that sets us apart from tin horn dictatorships - Trump has energized both supporters and detractors to agree on one obvious thing - he is dangerously unfit to be America’s president.

TC Shuts Up

Re: Trump Objects. Fauci Silenced. UnAmerican!

Post by TC Shuts Up » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:54 am

I honestly think you want this crisis to go on until the election. I hope Americans can see through your crap.

This drug has been used for decades to prevent malaria by people who for some reason need to "see the world". I have friends who visited Kenya and were on the drug for a few months without serious problems.

A lot of real doctors, applied scientists unlike yourself, are using it themselves and prescribing them off label for others.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

hanson

Post by hanson » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:24 am

Let trump keep talking........he is providing plenty of material for Biden's campaign ads. trumps goose is cooked. As trumps approval rating for his handling of the COVID-19 crisis plummets, so does his re-election chances

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:48 am

As long as we're on the other side of the curve and going down by May, and the economy is slowly pick back up steam through the summer, Trump will be a shoe-in for victory. This is especially true if Biden picks the current frontrunner for VP - Kamala Harris. Oh PLEASE pick her, Biden.

hanson

Post by hanson » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:58 am

The stimulus checks will stop just as the campaign shifts into high gear. The unemployed will be hurting and blame trump for his pathetic response to this crisis.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:36 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:48 am
As long as we're on the other side of the curve and going down by May, and the economy is slowly pick back up steam through the summer, Trump will be a shoe-in for victory. This is especially true if Biden picks the current frontrunner for VP - Kamala Harris. Oh PLEASE pick her, Biden.
I don't see Trump being a shoe in at all. Perhaps before all this started but not now not at all, his combativeness in some of these press conferences is not a good look for the country. I don't see Kamala being a frontrunner either, he will take California without her so why take her. The more I see with Gretchen doing her auditioning all over the national talk shows, comedy central, this would make total sense. She's young, very attractive, she has been pretty aggressive in being ahead of the states in the preventative measures whether people like it or not. This would put Michigan over the edge and help him take Michigan another reason this makes perfect sense. I think her criticism of the federal government has been a quite disingenuous. She knew that would elicit a response from Trump and he did her favor with the attention she got over it. I'm sure she knew she was under consideration and I believe she passed that test with all of the attention she has got for herself right now.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:52 am

Trump in 2020.

America adores Trump.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:30 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:48 am
Currently Trumps Administration is so rife with infighting and so disjointed on this whole thing it makes “heckuva job Brownie!” Look like a legitimate compliment. He’s toast. He was already operating on a razors edge. The economy is not gonna take right off, this is the trigger for but not the cause of a debt bubble recession. People are gonna be struggling for a long time.

If anybody is a VP front runner right now it’s gonna be Whitmer and not Harris.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:21 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:30 pm
I'm kind of hoping Biden don't choose Whitmer. You make like her.

But to me, she's a little too rough around the edges. Not quite executive material.

One thing out of many that I was surprised at was her doing national interviews with "billboard" t-shirts. She in my opinion should of left the political statements off her chest. Or at least take the coat off. What's the point of wearing a saying on her shirt if she's going to cover 3/4 of it up with a coat?
It would of looked better to dress sharply for a nation getting a first look at her.

Be honest, she was a little scattered and backtracking with her initial responses and actions about the virus.
The kind of thing that Donald can exploit during the general election. I think it would serve Biden well to not have someone who got into a pissing contest with the President. That to me is more of a detriment than an advantage as far as choosing a VP.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:40 pm

Harris knows how to give her career a kick-start. She's done it before. Joe would be thinking with the wrong head, but he won't really know what hit him.

Whitmer might help him win Michigan, but it won't be by a landslide.

Trump cutting off that reporter was doing the right thing. He was managing the resources and protecting Fauci from the drivel thrown by idiot reporters asking stupid questions repeatedly..

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:56 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:21 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:30 pm
I'm kind of hoping Biden don't choose Whitmer. You make like her.

But to me, she's a little too rough around the edges. Not quite executive material.

One thing out of many that I was surprised at was her doing national interviews with "billboard" t-shirts. She in my opinion should of left the political statements off her chest. Or at least take the coat off. What's the point of wearing a saying on her shirt if she's going to cover 3/4 of it up with a coat?
It would of looked better to dress sharply for a nation getting a first look at her.

Be honest, she was a little scattered and backtracking with her initial responses and actions about the virus.
The kind of thing that Donald can exploit during the general election. I think it would serve Biden well to not have someone who got into a pissing contest with the President. That to me is more of a detriment than an advantage as far as choosing a VP.
So you are arguing that someone who was scattered, backtracking and absent is going to use someone else’s supposed scattered and backtracking response against them? Do tell....

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:01 pm

During that same presser Trump* said "If it does work, it would be a shame we did not do it early" which seems to me he's work-shopping ways to throw Fauci under the bus.

Pitching the notion that the malaria drug is a magic bullet is a win-win for Trump*. He can state he's offering treatment, but if it doesn't work he's can just as easily say "Oh they were too sick already to have it be effective". Never lose sight that everything he does is predicated on staying in office, because if he doesn't he'll spend his remaining days locked into criminal and civil court cases. High motivation for a man in his 70's.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:28 pm

Just saw a headline on a legit news site. Thousands of COVID-19 patients in New York being given anti-Malaria drug....hmmmm

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:39 pm

zzand wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:28 pm
Just saw a headline on a legit news site. Thousands of COVID-19 patients in New York being given anti-Malaria drug....hmmmm
The horse is out of the barn without proving it can walk let alone Gallup...

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:31 pm

Biden was a fool to announce a month ago he was picking a woman VP. How does a Biden/Cuomo ticket look like now? But now hes locked in.

The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic