Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

It is time for some sanctuary cities

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Re: It is time for some sanctuary cities

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:35 pm

I see a HUQE problem on this board. It is perceived class envy. I say perceived class envy because they don't really know what class anyone is. No one here yet has posted a list of their assets. And if they did boast and post, I wouldn't believe it any more than if some male bravado posted and boasted about his "anatomy". There's no way to verify it. TC Talks did used to boast about how much wealth he had, at least in so many words. bmw may be leasing his bmw, or maybe it's really old. How doesn't anyone know, and you keep jumping to conclusions. Same thing with perceiving the education levels based on political views. I can tell you with certainty that that is bogus.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:55 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:35 pm
I see a HUQE problem on this board. It is perceived class envy. I say perceived class envy because they don't really know what class anyone is. No one here yet has posted a list of their assets. And if they did boast and post, I wouldn't believe it any more than if some male bravado posted and boasted about his "anatomy". There's no way to verify it. TC Talks did used to boast about how much wealth he had, at least in so many words. bmw may be leasing his bmw, or maybe it's really old. How doesn't anyone know, and you keep jumping to conclusions. Same thing with perceiving the education levels based on political views. I can tell you with certainty that that is bogus.

Without posting a list of my assets, I can proudly say I'm pure working class. I don't feel even a twinge of envy for anyone else's class.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:11 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
bmw may be leasing his bmw, or maybe it's really old.
Those are just my initials. I drive a 2001 Chevy Blazer. My income barely exceeds the poverty line.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:15 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
In my humble estimation envy is the worst of the all sins combined. It serves no purpose whatsoever, is always toxic and nothing good ever comes of it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:24 pm

Envy is what drives a lot of poor people to vote Democrat. It is also what drives them to complain incandescently about the filthy rich. I would even argue that it is the one trait that unites Bernie Sanders supporters. Other people have more money than them; they're envious of that money that they can't otherwise have; so they use the power of government to steal it.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:39 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:24 pm
Envy is what drives a lot of poor people to vote Democrat. It is also what drives them to complain incandescently about the filthy rich. I would even argue that it is the one trait that unites Bernie Sanders supporters. Other people have more money than them; they're envious of that money that they can't otherwise have; so they use the power of government to steal it.
That you seem to know a lot about the nature of envy speaks volumes.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:43 pm

I don't think it speaks anything.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:32 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:15 pm

In my humble estimation envy is the worst of the all sins combined. It serves no purpose whatsoever, is always toxic and nothing good ever comes of it.

I can never understand why envy is regarded as such an evil. I've, at times, felt envy for someone who has a better car, a nicer home or a better job than mine. I don't see that as a negative. I don't wish any ill against the person. If someone envied me,, I might even feel flattered by it.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:57 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:39 pm
bmw wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:24 pm
That you seem to know a lot about the nature of envy speaks volumes.
I'm still waiting to hear how much your rich ass is worth. You claimed in here several months back that you "have an equity position (hold stock) in a number of marijuana related businesses" and that those holdings "represents roughly .18% of my total net worth."

0.18% as a fraction is 1/555. If less than 2 one-thousandths of a percent of your net worth is holdings in "a number of businesses," that tells me you're absolutely filthy rich. To hold stock in a number of businesses, that at a minimum says to me $5,000, making your net worth in excess of $2 to 3 million dollars.

That you have the nerve to talk down to and belittle small business owners who make far less than you, and to sit on your high horse and dictate to those people the sacrifices THEY should make, when you yourself are sitting on a mountain of cash and will thus easily get through this crisis, is the typical elitist I'm-better-than-everybody-else attitude that is, in my view, the absolute worst kind of human being.

So to be crystal clear - I'm not envious of other peoples' wealth. Rather, I get annoyed as hell specifically at wealthy, elitist liberals who try to tell everybody else how they should live.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:56 pm

Money is just a concept. It's not life.

2-3 million dollars isn't very much money. Living on the earnings would produce about 35k - 40k in income.

I am a humane person and I've seen desperate people get shit on by exploitative employees for my entire career. In my broadcast career I would see it happen at many operations. We are seeing it today but it's always been there. You don't seem to care BMW but I do. Unions, minimum wage, OSHA are all built to protect people.

I too am a small business owner, never employing more than 18 people, and only a handful wouldn't work with me again if I asked. Most of them grew to a point where they moved on to bigger and better opportunities. We all found success together.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri May 15, 2020 11:23 pm

It took a while, but it has finally happened. A sanctuary city.

https://www.mercedsunstar.com/news/coro ... 72536.html
Atwater residents gave City Council a standing ovation and cheers Friday when they unanimously passed a resolution to make Atwater a sanctuary city for all businesses to open amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat May 16, 2020 10:17 am

bmw wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 11:23 pm
It took a while, but it has finally happened. A sanctuary city.

https://www.mercedsunstar.com/news/coro ... 72536.html
Atwater residents gave City Council a standing ovation and cheers Friday when they unanimously passed a resolution to make Atwater a sanctuary city for all businesses to open amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Democrats probably wish they hadn’t opened that can of worms about now...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic