Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Florida Kristian Asshole in Jail

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Florida Kristian Asshole in Jail

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:36 pm

I hope he is beaten ruthlessly in Jail. What an asshole.
Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne said he wouldn't close the doors of his Tampa, Florida, megachurch until the End Times begin. The police weren't willing to wait that long.

Pastor: 'The thing is blown totally way out of proportion'
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/us/flori ... index.html

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 24

Re: Florida Kristian Asshole in Jail

Post by Deleted User 24 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:40 pm

There's a reason why they're called sheep.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:15 pm

First Amendment to the Constitution:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
14th Amendment makes this applicable to state governments.

According to the pastor, the church was complying with the federal CDC guidelines of 6-foot social distance, and they say they were also giving hand sanatizer to all attendees. So the question then becomes, does the state have a compelling interest to place restrictions on the church above and beyond the federal guidelines? It is a close call in my view. Won't be surprised if he sues and this case ends up in the Supreme Court.

And TC Talks - you're seriously saying you "hope" that this pastor gets ruthlessly beaten in jail? What a disgusting comment.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:17 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:15 pm
First Amendment to the Constitution:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
14th Amendment makes this applicable to state governments.

According to the pastor, the church was complying with the federal CDC guidelines of 6-foot social distance, and they say they were also giving hand sanatizer to all attendees. So the question then becomes, does the state have a compelling interest to place restrictions on the church above and beyond the federal guidelines? It is a close call in my view. Won't be surprised if he sues and this case ends up in the Supreme Court.

And TC Talks - you're seriously saying you "hope" that this pastor gets ruthlessly beaten in jail? What a disgusting comment.
As far as I'm aware as long as a state of emergency has been declared the courts have already found several times that the government is well within its rights to break up large gatherings and free speech and freedom of assembly are overruled as long as there is a reasonable chance that such gatherings endanger the public at large. In a case like this that's a slam dunk win for the state. The good pastor would be unlikely to make it to discovery before he was dismissed.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:21 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:40 pm
There's a reason why they're called sheep.

:rollin

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:41 pm

According to the pastor, the church was complying with the federal CDC guidelines of 6-foot social distance, and they say they were also giving hand sanatizer to all attendees.
The right reverend also said "We brought in 13 machines that basically kill every virus in the place," Howard-Browne said. "If they sneeze it shoots it down like at 100 miles per hour and it will neutralize it in a split second."

Unless Jesus himself flew in to give the church some new black magic fuckery virus killin' device, I'd say it might be a good bet he's full of shit complying with normal CDC guidelines.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:10 pm

Looks like one's Constitutional right to have an abortion is greater than one's rights under the First Amendment.
Yeakel ruled that Paxton's action "prevents Texas women from exercising what the Supreme Court has declared is their fundamental constitutional right to terminate a pregnancy before a fetus is viable."
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/abort ... id/960626/

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:15 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:10 pm
Looks like one's Constitutional right to have an abortion is greater than one's rights under the First Amendment.
Yeakel ruled that Paxton's action "prevents Texas women from exercising what the Supreme Court has declared is their fundamental constitutional right to terminate a pregnancy before a fetus is viable."
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/abort ... id/960626/
Why is abortion the go to response to any perceived slight for you people?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:17 pm

BMW immediately jumps to defend the criminal and attacks women.

Real piece of work you are.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:19 pm

A U.S. judge on Monday blocked Texas officials from banning most abortions in the state as part of their order to postpone surgeries and other procedures deemed not medically necessary during the coronavirus crisis.
A hip replacement can be postponed. A penis enhancement can wait. An abortion is time sensitive and can not be postponed

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:19 pm

"you people"? I generally avoid the abortion debates in here.

I'm simply pointing out that for whatever reason, abortion is viewed as a sacred right by the left, even above and beyond that of freedom of religion or freedom of assembly.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:19 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:19 pm
A U.S. judge on Monday blocked Texas officials from banning most abortions in the state as part of their order to postpone surgeries and other procedures deemed not medically necessary during the coronavirus crisis.
A hip replacement can be postponed. A penis enhancement can wait. An abortion is time sensitive and can not be postponed
Precisely... and not all abortions are purely elective either.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:21 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
An abortion is time sensitive and can not be postponed
Why not? People like Screen Glare already argue that the fetus is the equivalent of private property. Why not just allow babies to be killed shortly after birth by the mother in the privacy of her own home? Would be safer for healthcare workers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:22 pm

bmw wrote:

I'm simply pointing out that for whatever reason, abortion is viewed as a sacred right by the left, even above and beyond that of freedom of religion or freedom of assembly.

Large gatherings of people can be bad for public health. An abortion has no effect at all on public health.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:35 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:22 pm
bmw wrote:

Large gatherings of people can be bad for public health. An abortion has no effect at all on public health.
I'm guessing the aborted child would disagree with the latter half of your assessment.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic