Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Florida Kristian Asshole in Jail

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Re: Florida Kristian Asshole in Jail

Post by screen glare » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:33 pm

bmw wrote - “... the clear implication here...”

Wrong.

I did not imply anything. You did. You implied it CLEARLY, as you say, to YOURSELF.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:51 pm

TC Talks has lost his faith, if he ever had any. He apparently thinks that Christianity should be coopted to be just another Social Service Agency, and a very Left Wing Social Service Agency. He believes that the Bible is a Smorgasbord of selecting verses to pick and choose from and to interpret the way that suits him. Although all Christians backslide all the time, his hostility toward Christianity shows he is a despicable mess of a human being. He really didn't seem to be this way when he first registered for the board. He seemed decent. I don't know what happened to him. Something apparently did.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:06 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:51 pm
TC Talks has lost his faith, if he ever had any. He apparently thinks that Christianity should be coopted to be just another Social Service Agency, and a very Left Wing Social Service Agency. He believes that the Bible is a Smorgasbord of selecting verses to pick and choose from and to interpret the way that suits him. Although all Christians backslide all the time, his hostility toward Christianity shows he is a despicable mess of a human being. He really didn't seem to be this way when he first registered for the board. He seemed decent. I don't know what happened to him. Something apparently did.

I too lost my faith. But I don't know what all that other stuff means. I'm just an atheist.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:47 am

If you are willing to attend worship services in times like these, shouldn't you also be willing to sign a waiver that prohibits you from using hospitals, health care clinics, etc., and requiring you to seek medical care via prayers from the leader of your congregation?

If not, why not?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:06 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:56 am
I want to preface this by saying I was going to church every Sunday. I love the Lord. Currently during this crisis, my church livestreams our Pastor all by his lonesome every Sunday. The way it should be. And at my church, there are several mechanisms in place to continue to pay our tithes and offerings. Online. A drop box on the church porch, etc.

And this pastor in Florida could be doing the same. He already livestreams. He already, before the crisis started, was doing it.
And it is beyond irresponsible that he is having service. If someone that attends one of those services, even of their own free will, catches the Corona, I think he is liable. He should of known better. There was no reason to gather.

I have a theory why he (and some other churches) are doing it. Show me the money. I ponder what percentage of his churches income is from folks who only give when they show up? When they don't come to church, they don't donate another way? It's really the only reason I can think of as to why a church would continue to have services. Close the door and lose your income stream.
^ This x 10. These are hucksters not men of faith.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:41 pm

Tampa declares churches 'essential services' after pastor's arrest

A Florida county has aided a pastor who held worship in defiance of “safer-at-home” rules by declaring religious services to be “essential services” during the coronavirus pandemic.

On Thursday, facing potential legal action, a 6-4 majority of the Hillsborough County Council voted to recognize “religious services” as part of a list of “essential activies” allowable during the pandemic-related shuttering of businesses and meetings of large groups.

A Tampa pastor was arrested this week under the county’s law banning religious gatherings, including church services.

“We are pleased that The River at Tampa Bay Church can meet,” said Mat Staver, founder and chairman of nonprofit law firm Liberty Council. “This church is essential to the community.”

Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne was arrested Monday after dozens of people packed into his church — violating a six-foot social distancing rule encouraged by the White House and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and mandated by Hillsborough County.

On Wednesday, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis issued a statewide order for residents to stay at home but allowed for places of worship to hold services.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... l-service/

Hillsborough County is 421 miles from Niceville

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:39 pm

Orlando lawyer for pastor who held services during coronavirus outbreak says church lost its insurance.

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/arc ... -insurance

That's almost.... wait for it.... divine.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:48 pm

“On Monday, the sheriff held this circus of a press conference and frankly lied to the American people and around the world,” said Staver. “Defamed this pastor, put him at risk, painted a target on his back – on the back of the church. Ultimately resulting in death threats, even the cancellation of insurance by the insurance carrier. This has got to stop.”
Ah so a Trump deplorable doesn't like being the recipient of the Trump brand of America? They sure get whiney when it happens to them.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:33 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:39 pm
Orlando lawyer for pastor who held services during coronavirus outbreak says church lost its insurance.

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/arc ... -insurance

That's almost.... wait for it.... divine.
Insurance companies...keeping America safe from Screeching Rapture Monkeys!

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:48 am

And now we’ve got even more religious zealots spreading COVID with the orthodox Jews gathering for large weddings and funerals over the weekend.

Wonder if they jammed together for the Passover Seders Wednesday and Thursday nights?

“Why is this night different from all other nights?”

Better yet - when it comes to the four questions...why this year do we dip at all?

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:29 pm

This from our state, in Midland.

Are these people exempt from being "assholes who should rot in prison" because they're liberals protesting a liberal cause?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:54 pm

Are these people exempt from being "assholes who should rot in prison" because they're liberals protesting a liberal cause?
No, they would be exempt from being "assholes who should rot in prison" because it would appear they are American's exercising their constitutional rights that over the history of this country men and women have died for upholding.

BTW - It would be helpful for attributing the source of the photo so we know it's not some Klan rally, Katy Perry concert or a Thanksgiving turkey giveaway. Otherwise we can only comment based on what you say it is, and frankly I don't trust you with offering the truth anymore than I can fly.
Last edited by Lester The Nightfly on Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:58 pm

So gathering in a church is not a Constitutional right?

As of right now, the legal limit for an outdoor crowd in Michigan is 100 people.

I fail to see how the church violating crowd size restrictions and how protesters violating crowd size restrictions are any different whatsoever.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:16 pm

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prevents the government from making laws which regulate an establishment of religion, prohibit the free exercise of religion, or abridge the freedom of speech, the freedom of the press, the right to peaceably assemble, or the right to petition the government for redress of grievances.
I agree with BMW a bit. There have been well established limits to all the amendments. For example, this week, Police have brutalized the free press covering the protests. If we are to be literal, those police broke the law and should be arrested. The protesters were given curfews. Curfews violate the first amendment too, who should we sue?

My point is that BMW doesn't get to pick and choose which amendment protections are enforced. The law requires flexibility. Those church restrictions were reasonable.

― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:28 pm

TC - wasn't your reasoning for wanting the church leader to rot in jail is because he was spreading Coronavirus? Same logic applies here, no? There is a 100-person crowd limit.

Lester - that photo was taken by a facebook friend of mine with a drone. I'll withhold his name, but he said feel free to share. He is a professional photographer.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic