Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Boston Globe editorial nails it

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Boston Globe editorial nails it

Post by Honeyman » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:07 am

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Re: Boston Globe editorial nails it

Post by bmw » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:21 am

Yet New York City Mayor Bill DeBlasio gets a free pass.
For the vast majority of New Yorkers, life is going on pretty normally right now. And we want to encourage that...if you're under 50, and you're healthy - which is most New Yorkers - there's very little threat here. This disease, even if you were to get it, basically acts like a common cold, or flu. And transmission is not that easy - I think there's been a mis-perception...
So blame Trump for things he did in late January and all of February, but give DeBlasio a free pass for what he said above on MARCH 10. Oh, that's right, I almost forgot - he's a Democrat, so he's exempt from criticism. Blame Trump instead.

Since you say Trump has blood in his hands, in your opinion, does Mayor Billy have blood on his hands as well? His city is the epicenter. And he not only advised, but "encouraged" his people a mere 3 weeks ago to basically live life like normal because Cornoavirus poses very little threat.

Bryce

Re: Boston Globe editorial nails it

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:19 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:21 am
Yet New York City Mayor Bill DeBlasio gets a free pass.
For the vast majority of New Yorkers, life is going on pretty normally right now. And we want to encourage that...if you're under 50, and you're healthy - which is most New Yorkers - there's very little threat here. This disease, even if you were to get it, basically acts like a common cold, or flu. And transmission is not that easy - I think there's been a mis-perception...
So blame Trump for things he did in late January and all of February, but give DeBlasio a free pass for what he said above on MARCH 10. Oh, that's right, I almost forgot - he's a Democrat, so he's exempt from criticism. Blame Trump instead.

Since you say Trump has blood in his hands, in your opinion, does Mayor Billy have blood on his hands as well? His city is the epicenter. And he not only advised, but "encouraged" his people a mere 3 weeks ago to basically live life like normal because Cornoavirus poses very little threat.
Cuomo is also getting a free pass. Hospitals are under the control of the State, NOT the federal government. The Cuomo Administration, through The Division of Hospitals and Diagnostic and Treatment Centers controls the amount of beds, ICU's and yes, even the amount of ventilators.

I don't think Cuomo should be expected to have a crystal ball, but, I think it is very unfair for him and the press to blame Trump for not solving a problem that Cuomo is ultimately responsible for because the Federal Government is not soving the problem quickly enough.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic