Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Where's the evidence that "Stay at Home" slows the spread?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Where's the evidence that "Stay at Home" slows the spread?

Post by bmw » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:36 pm

Trump is just lowering expectations. There are already some preliminary signs that cases may be nearing a peak.

Gun control doesn't keep you safe from criminals; it keeps criminals safe from you.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:45 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:36 pm
Trump is just lowering expectations. There are already some preliminary signs that cases may be nearing a peak.
I actually...gulp....agree here. This way if "only" 200,000 die, the orange disaster will crow about what a great job he did saving so many lives, and his idiot minions will agree.

The censorship king from out of state.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:24 am

Natural Selection: which says a lot of the base could die of Coronavirus.

When Fox News was repeating Trump’s insistent lie that Coronavirus and its resulting COVID-19 deadly disease was “a Democrat hoax” and nothing to worry about - many of the oldsters watching were buying into that lie.

And over those early months of the Virus spreading - they were’t taking precautions because they believed The President of the United States.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:56 am

Just to be clear the mortality figures tossed out yesterday....and I watched the entire press conference, come from "third party modeling" done by experts in the field. They aren't conjured up in the White House.

I no longer directly engage trolls

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:15 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:43 pm

Even the administration is spitting out the 200,000 deaths figure as a best case...
Actually they spit out less than 100,000 as the best case. They said latest models suggested 100,000 to as much as 240,000 IF Americans buy in to social distancing. But Dr. Fauci said they were not settling for those numbers as "fate". They are models and models can and do change as new data comes in to play. So Dr Fauci believes its possible if people do whats asked[/i] that we could come in lower than the lower number.
I don't know how many of you guys are watching the daily briefings like I am. I realize they can be long....as long as 1.5 hours or more. But since I am watching them and then watching the news condense them to sound bites I know you are seeing a microcosm of what goes on and it is slanted based on the whims of whatever station you watch.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:22 am

craig11152 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:15 am
Rate This wrote:

Even the administration is spitting out the 200,000 deaths figure as a best case...
Actually they spit out less than 100,000 as the best case. They said latest models suggested 100,000 to as much as 240,000 IF Americans buy in to social distancing. But Dr. Fauci said they were not settling for those numbers as "fate". They are models and models can and do change as new data comes in to play. So Dr Fauci believes its possible if people do whats asked[/i] that we could come in lower than the lower number.
I don't know how many of you guys are watching the daily briefings like I am. I realize they can be long....as long as 1.5 hours or more. But since I am watching them and then watching the news condense them to sound bites I know you are seeing a microcosm of what goes on and it is slanted based on the whims of whatever station you watch.
They need to allocate ONE question to each reporter. That would help get rid of the BS questions and make the updates much quicker.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:43 am

craig11152 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:15 am
Rate This wrote:

To be honest I find them to be quite boring and once the Q and A starts it looks like a Trump Rally.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:11 pm

I read an in depth article today and the modeling shows national peak at April 14th but some states will peak before and some after. My state is set at April 17th for it's peak....Can't find the story now or I would link it. And can someone explain, seriously, why Michigan has exploded the way it has. Is it snowbirds?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:16 pm

zzand wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:11 pm
I read an in depth article today and the modeling shows national peak at April 14th but some states will peak before and some after. My state is set at April 17th for it's peak....Can't find the story now or I would link it. And can someone explain, seriously, why Michigan has exploded the way it has. Is it snowbirds?
We're snowbirds. Drove through MI on the way home last week. Got out of the car for 10 minutes at the Welcome Station, then rolled down the window once to pay the toll before entering the bridge.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:06 pm

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:28 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:43 am
"....... and once the Q and A starts it looks like a Trump Rally."
Interesting that you see it that way.
I see several legitimate questions asked, a couple of softballs tossed in his lap and a bunch of questions designed to make him look bad for sound bites. I don't see the Trump rally other than he does what every politician does which is to answer the question you want instead of the one asked.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:05 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:28 pm
Rate This wrote:
I see several legitimate questions asked, a couple of softballs tossed in his lap and a bunch of questions designed to make him look bad for sound bites. I don't see the Trump rally other than he does what every politician does which is to answer the question you want instead of the one asked.
It's in the way he answers the questions and props up his response to this whole things as the greatest thing since sliced bread.. instead of doing what most do and staying sober about it.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:36 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:05 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:28 pm
Rate This wrote:
It's in the way he answers the questions and props up his response to this whole things as the greatest thing since sliced bread.. instead of doing what most do and staying sober about it.
I can see some parts his responses aligning like a rally- some of the rambling on with the numbers and how great things will be, etc. I thought Pence was supposed to be leading the charge and Trump showing up occasionally but Trump is up there front and center all the time. So when the shit really hits the fan, when the CNN death ticker goes North at a rapid pace, does Trump dump Pence for Nikki? Perhaps he waits until July for that one? Biden going for his woman- perhaps our 16 month old Governor with the thought of Michigan in the bag with her on the ticket. Leave the damn roads to Garlin.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic