Acceptable registrations in the queue through November 21 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Nurses “price gouging”

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
lovinlife101
Posts: 6122
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Nurses “price gouging”

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:57 pm

Yep, charging $100 an hour.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/28/mercenary ... -outbreak/

But none of you losers will say anything about it because you have double standards and selective outrage.

People are voluntarily agreeing on price based on the market!!!

Everybody panic!!!



Rate This
Posts: 6417
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Nurses “price gouging”

Post by Rate This » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:00 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:57 pm
Yep, charging $100 an hour.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/28/mercenary ... -outbreak/

But none of you losers will say anything about it because you have double standards and selective outrage.

People are voluntarily agreeing on price based on the market!!!

Everybody panic!!!
:roll:



Matt
Posts: 3042
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Nurses “price gouging”

Post by Matt » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:04 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:00 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:57 pm
Yep, charging $100 an hour.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/28/mercenary ... -outbreak/

But none of you losers will say anything about it because you have double standards and selective outrage.

People are voluntarily agreeing on price based on the market!!!

Everybody panic!!!
:roll:
You don't see any problem with nurses abandoning their local communities to go to the epicenter of this pandemic in the country for selfish reasons? This is incredibly shortsighted.



Rate This
Posts: 6417
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Nurses “price gouging”

Post by Rate This » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:17 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:04 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:00 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:57 pm
Yep, charging $100 an hour.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/28/mercenary ... -outbreak/

But none of you losers will say anything about it because you have double standards and selective outrage.

People are voluntarily agreeing on price based on the market!!!

Everybody panic!!!
:roll:
You don't see any problem with nurses abandoning their local communities to go to the epicenter of this pandemic in the country for selfish reasons? This is incredibly shortsighted.
It’s also filling a major need there... undoubtedly shortages elsewhere will be filled in a similar way.



User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 4558
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Nurses “price gouging”

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:26 pm

You couldn't pay me enough to do their job.



lovinlife101
Posts: 6122
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Nurses “price gouging”

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:11 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:04 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:00 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:57 pm
Yep, charging $100 an hour.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/28/mercenary ... -outbreak/

But none of you losers will say anything about it because you have double standards and selective outrage.

People are voluntarily agreeing on price based on the market!!!

Everybody panic!!!
:roll:
You don't see any problem with nurses abandoning their local communities to go to the epicenter of this pandemic in the country for selfish reasons? This is incredibly shortsighted.
I know! So short-sighted and selfish!

How dare Jim Gaffigan leave his local community in Indiana and make it big in New York City. What a monster!

Instead of performing at Madison Square Garden, he should be at Pete’s Bowling Alley, where the faithful three audience members, Pete, Martha (Pete’s wife), and Smittie (the town drunk), need to be entertained. They can’t pay a comedian, and Gaffigan would have to sweep the floor when he’s done, but he shouldn’t price gouge for his services!



lovinlife101
Posts: 6122
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Nurses “price gouging”

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:54 am

Oh, and all the people who came up from the south to work in the automotive industry and improve their quality of life, SHAME ON THEM!!!

PRICE GOUGING!!!



User avatar
craig11152
Posts: 840
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:15 am
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Nurses “price gouging”

Post by craig11152 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:32 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:17 pm
It’s also filling a major need there... undoubtedly shortages elsewhere will be filled in a similar way.
I'm sure its filling a major need. But I'm not sure shortages elsewhere will be filled in a similar way. At some point if people go where the money is they will stay where the money is best. So some places may not be able to compete in a bidding war.


I no longer directly engage trolls

Rate This
Posts: 6417
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Nurses “price gouging”

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:04 am

craig11152 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:32 am
Rate This wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:17 pm
It’s also filling a major need there... undoubtedly shortages elsewhere will be filled in a similar way.
I'm sure its filling a major need. But I'm not sure shortages elsewhere will be filled in a similar way. At some point if people go where the money is they will stay where the money is best. So some places may not be able to compete in a bidding war.
If these are true “mercenary nurses” when the need dies down they will go back from whence they came.



User avatar
craig11152
Posts: 840
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:15 am
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Nurses “price gouging”

Post by craig11152 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:27 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:04 am
craig11152 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:32 am
Rate This wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:17 pm
It’s also filling a major need there... undoubtedly shortages elsewhere will be filled in a similar way.
I'm sure its filling a major need. But I'm not sure shortages elsewhere will be filled in a similar way. At some point if people go where the money is they will stay where the money is best. So some places may not be able to compete in a bidding war.
If these are true “mercenary nurses” when the need dies down they will go back from whence they came.
that is true but has nothing to do with my point.


I no longer directly engage trolls

lovinlife101
Posts: 6122
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Nurses “price gouging”

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:43 am

craig11152 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:32 am
Rate This wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:17 pm
It’s also filling a major need there... undoubtedly shortages elsewhere will be filled in a similar way.
I'm sure its filling a major need. But I'm not sure shortages elsewhere will be filled in a similar way. At some point if people go where the money is they will stay where the money is best. So some places may not be able to compete in a bidding war.
But it’s not okay for retailers to do it?



Rate This
Posts: 6417
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Nurses “price gouging”

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:12 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:27 am
Rate This wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:04 am
craig11152 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:32 am
Rate This wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:17 pm
It’s also filling a major need there... undoubtedly shortages elsewhere will be filled in a similar way.
I'm sure its filling a major need. But I'm not sure shortages elsewhere will be filled in a similar way. At some point if people go where the money is they will stay where the money is best. So some places may not be able to compete in a bidding war.
If these are true “mercenary nurses” when the need dies down they will go back from whence they came.
that is true but has nothing to do with my point.
The point I was making is that when demand dies down in one place they will be surplus and will have to go where there is work it they were true nomadic mercenary types.



km1125
Posts: 1173
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Re: Nurses “price gouging”

Post by km1125 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:20 pm

With the numbers of folks being laid off in hospitals all over, I would not think it would take much to offer a job to some of those folks. Housing might be an issue for temp workers though.



User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 3953
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: Nurses “price gouging”

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:29 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:04 pm
You don't see any problem with nurses abandoning their local communities to go to the epicenter of this pandemic in the country for selfish reasons? This is incredibly shortsighted.
So this week you abandoned capitalism? Last week you embraced socialism. Can't wait till next week.


© 2020 TC Talks Global Inc. All Rights Reserved

Matt
Posts: 3042
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Nurses “price gouging”

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:38 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:29 pm
Matt wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:04 pm
You don't see any problem with nurses abandoning their local communities to go to the epicenter of this pandemic in the country for selfish reasons? This is incredibly shortsighted.
So this week you abandoned capitalism? Last week you embraced socialism. Can't wait till next week.
I did neither, you mental midget.
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:11 am
Matt wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:04 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:00 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:57 pm
Yep, charging $100 an hour.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/28/mercenary ... -outbreak/

But none of you losers will say anything about it because you have double standards and selective outrage.

People are voluntarily agreeing on price based on the market!!!

Everybody panic!!!
:roll:
You don't see any problem with nurses abandoning their local communities to go to the epicenter of this pandemic in the country for selfish reasons? This is incredibly shortsighted.
I know! So short-sighted and selfish!

How dare Jim Gaffigan leave his local community in Indiana and make it big in New York City. What a monster!

Instead of performing at Madison Square Garden, he should be at Pete’s Bowling Alley, where the faithful three audience members, Pete, Martha (Pete’s wife), and Smittie (the town drunk), need to be entertained. They can’t pay a comedian, and Gaffigan would have to sweep the floor when he’s done, but he shouldn’t price gouge for his services!
Not a H*** Gaffigan fan, but I totally respect the fact that whenever the question came up he chose life!

In regards to nurses flocking to a pandemic epicenter, it seems shortsighted to put yourself at risk for theoretically more money while simultaneously fucking over the area you came from. You can't do shit with the money if you're dead.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic