Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Wayne County / Detroit Covid 19

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Wayne County / Detroit Covid 19

Post by Bryce » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:46 pm

Wayne County has about 17% of Michigan's population, it now has about 50% of the state's confirmed coronavirus cases and 41% of the deaths.
Woah! Is Covid-19 racist? Where is Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson? They should be all over this.

Ooops, Mike Duggan figured it out...
"I’m still seeing videos of people gathering in groups," Duggan said Saturday. "It’s so disrespectful to these health workers who are risking their lives along with EMTs and first responders. It’s going to be several weeks. Stay home.”
Really though, if Jessie and Al really cared, they would get their asses to Detroit and be all over this, sending a message.

I had a report from a friend who runs a Dog Rescue. Last night there was a neighborhood bar-b-q party complete with fireworks two blocks down from her house.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Re: Wayne County / Detroit Covid 19

Post by TC Talks » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:58 pm

What if the "conventional" health department marketing only reaches the upper-middle class and is not as effective with lower-income neighborhoods. This has traditionally been a problem.

Clearly the messaging that I took seriously wasn't effective for all of Michigan, but if it were race, you would have spikes in many communities in Michigan, not just Detroit.

It was interesting that race was your first conclusion.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:06 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:58 pm
What if the "conventional" health department marketing only reaches the upper-middle class and is not as effective with lower-income neighborhoods. This has traditionally been a problem.

Clearly the messaging that I took seriously wasn't effective for all of Michigan, but if it were race, you would have spikes in many communities in Michigan, not just Detroit.

It was interesting that race was your first conclusion.
Not really MY first conclusion. I was presenting it in a manner that is all too frequent from the race hustlers like Sharpton and Jackson. I don't think skin color has anything to do with much of anything, Behavior, culture and socio economic conditions are what drive most disparities. Sharpton and Jackson don't see things that way.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:40 pm

I'm white, working class. Would I be safer if I convert to middle class?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:00 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:40 pm
You’d be doomed either way...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:06 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:00 pm
Turkeytop wrote:

You mean, I am doomed? :(

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:07 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:06 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:00 pm
Turkeytop wrote:

You mean, I am doomed? :(
Sadly we all are... it’s just a question of when.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:09 pm

Right now, I've just completed day one of my 14 day house arrest, back in Canada. Thirteen more to go. I just came in from walking around and around in the exercise yard.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:15 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:09 pm
Right now, I've just completed day one of my 14 day house arrest, back in Canada. Thirteen more to go. I just came in from walking around and around in the exercise yard.
Glad to hear you made it back TT! Is house arrest preferable there or in Florida would you say?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:22 pm

We were on self imposed house arrest in Florida and I loved it. The only reason we left a month earlier than we had intended was that things were spiraling out of control and we were worried that a sudden lock down in Florida might prevent us from coming home.

Now the border is sealed and we can't return to the U.S. until your President lifts the travel ban. Now he's talking about militarizing the world's longest undefended border. Next he'll be wanting to build a wall.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:13 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:22 pm
We were on self imposed house arrest in Florida and I loved it. The only reason we left a month earlier than we had intended was that things were spiraling out of control and we were worried that a sudden lock down in Florida might prevent us from coming home.

Now the border is sealed and we can't return to the U.S. until your President lifts the travel ban. Now he's talking about militarizing the world's longest undefended border. Next he'll be wanting to build a wall.
Crazy times my friend...

HD74

Post by HD74 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:17 pm

Sayyyy, would you Canadiens maybe, possibly, consider paying for it? :rollin

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:20 pm

Asking for a friend.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:28 pm

HD74 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:17 pm
Sayyyy, would you Canadiens maybe, possibly, consider paying for it? :rollin

'll start a GoFundMe page.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:39 pm

I hope you made arrangements for a fine evening beverage.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic