Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tara Reade

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Deja Vu Chapter Two

Post by TC Shuts Up » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:16 pm

Remember when the true origins of the Obama "Birther" story surfaced around 2008? Other than Obama himself getting financial aid intended for foreign born college students, and putting out a brochure biography that said he was born in Kenya, it was none other that Hillary herself using opposition research to try to get the 2008 Democrat nomination by defeating Obama.

So it is credible that Hillary and/or Michelle and/or Barack Obama are the ones responsible for promoting the Tara Reade story, not the Republicans. They may still declare Biden incompetent and install themselves as Candidates at the Democrat National Convention.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Ben Zonia

Re: Tara Reade

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:39 pm

BTW, what's the reason for all the glamour shots of Tara Reade from the time of the incident? Are they trying to say that she was "asking for it" by being so attractive when Biden assaulted her? Where is the NOW crowd now?

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:41 pm

Tara who?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:45 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:39 pm
BTW, what's the reason for all the glamour shots of Tara Reade from the time of the incident? Are they trying to say that she was "asking for it" by being so attractive when Biden assaulted her? Where is the NOW crowd now?
I'm thinking the reason for past images of Ms. Reade being plastered about is because the current Ms. Reade doesn't look like someone a big, powerful Senator would want to dally with.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri May 01, 2020 6:56 am

The dictator of Michigan does not believe all women: https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 062964001/

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri May 01, 2020 7:23 am

She is funny. She said he couldn't have done that because he's "into" the woman's movement - apparently...
Last edited by audiophile on Fri May 01, 2020 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 01, 2020 7:25 am

Apparently Biden will be addressing this today on Morning Joe.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri May 01, 2020 7:56 am

Thats really brave of Biden going on to MSDNC. I just got a notification from the WSJ that he's denying. Shocking!

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 01, 2020 8:39 am

Matt wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:56 am
Thats really brave of Biden going on to MSDNC. I just got a notification from the WSJ that he's denying. Shocking!
And it continues to be largely a non-story.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri May 01, 2020 8:55 am

Classic. Now the official denial. Biden following the well-worn path plenty of other lawmakers and executive branch big wigs have taken when accused of sexual misconduct.

Trouble for Joe is - it’s a new era. The MeToo breakthrough has momentum - after countless years of injustice for women as they came forward with rape and sex harassment accusations - which the crowd automatically found dubious.

Tic tok. Tisk tisk. Biden’s timing? Too late!

He’s tardy in running the path to the presidency. And tardy in running the old path to sex-exoneration. His old age dementia, and this age old sex-extrication - are ALL past their prime time.

Maybe the DNC will wise up and see this as an opportunity to switch out Joe for Andrew Cuomo.

Wouldn’t Trump go green around the gills if Cuomo took the nominee mantle? Plus think of all the expensive anti-Biden ads, talking points, and money secretly contracted to Tara’s team - all down the drain.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri May 01, 2020 9:11 am

Let's be honest - both sides of the political aisle are hypocritical in these situations. When Kavanaugh had accusers come forward decades after the fact, Republicans (rightly so) said that you can't take seriously accusations that are so old, especially when the alleged victims didn't go to law enforcement at the time. Democrats at the time argued that all women must be believed.

Now that the tables have turned, both sides have switched positions. Suddenly Democrats are no longer in the business of believing all women and Republicans argue that these accusations should be taken seriously.

My stance remains unchanged. Quite frankly I don't care what Biden did or didn't do to a woman in the early 1990s (now nearly 30 years ago) if that woman never reported the crime at the time. This is just a distraction from Biden's much bigger problem - that he's only a few years, if not months, from not remembering his own name.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 01, 2020 9:21 am

bmw wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:11 am
Let's be honest - both sides of the political aisle are hypocritical in these situations. When Kavanaugh had accusers come forward decades after the fact, Republicans (rightly so) said that you can't take seriously accusations that are so old, especially when the alleged victims didn't go to law enforcement at the time. Democrats at the time argued that all women must be believed.

Now that the tables have turned, both sides have switched positions. Suddenly Democrats are no longer in the business of believing all women and Republicans argue that these accusations should be taken seriously.

My stance remains unchanged. Quite frankly I don't care what Biden did or didn't do to a woman in the early 1990s (now nearly 30 years ago) if that woman never reported the crime at the time. This is just a distraction from Biden's much bigger problem - that he's only a few years, if not months, from not remembering his own name.
You keep harping on that... your guy can’t keep his story straight day to day. Cry me a River. Oh and he’s losing badly. That’s why he screamed at Parscale the other day. Their internal polling is devastating right now. Texas is even in play.

Biden did invite the media to look in the national archives for any evidence of a claim against him. My guess is they won’t find any. His records at Delaware University aren’t organized yet so that would be a needle in a haystack and they don’t keep personnel files anyways. So the offer is out there for people to look. That part isn’t standard denial.
Last edited by Rate This on Fri May 01, 2020 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 01, 2020 9:24 am

screen glare wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:55 am
Classic. Now the official denial. Biden following the well-worn path plenty of other lawmakers and executive branch big wigs have taken when accused of sexual misconduct.

Trouble for Joe is - it’s a new era. The MeToo breakthrough has momentum - after countless years of injustice for women as they came forward with rape and sex harassment accusations - which the crowd automatically found dubious.

Tic tok. Tisk tisk. Biden’s timing? Too late!

He’s tardy in running the path to the presidency. And tardy in running the old path to sex-exoneration. His old age dementia, and this age old sex-extrication - are ALL past their prime time.

Maybe the DNC will wise up and see this as an opportunity to switch out Joe for Andrew Cuomo.

Wouldn’t Trump go green around the gills if Cuomo took the nominee mantle? Plus think of all the expensive anti-Biden ads, talking points, and money secretly contracted to Tara’s team - all down the drain.
Oh just shut up already. You have no clue what you are talking about.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri May 01, 2020 9:32 am

Losing badly? The people who bet on these things still slightly favor Trump. Not to mention, the most recent poll on RCP (done by IBD) has it a dead-even tie at 43-43. That same poll had it 47-41 in favor of Biden just last month.

Moreover, Trump's approval remains virtually unchanged by all of this - sitting right where it basically has for the past year and a half - at 44. This election will be determined by 7 or 8 percent of people in the dead-middle of the political spectrum. Don't assume that Biden has these people wrapped up. Hillary got 48% of the popular vote and still lost the electoral college by a fairly large margin. This election could easily end up something like 47-47 or 46-48 with Trump winning again.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 01, 2020 10:01 am

bmw wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:32 am
Losing badly? The people who bet on these things still slightly favor Trump. Not to mention, the most recent poll on RCP (done by IBD) has it a dead-even tie at 43-43. That same poll had it 47-41 in favor of Biden just last month.

Moreover, Trump's approval remains virtually unchanged by all of this - sitting right where it basically has for the past year and a half - at 44. This election will be determined by 7 or 8 percent of people in the dead-middle of the political spectrum. Don't assume that Biden has these people wrapped up. Hillary got 48% of the popular vote and still lost the electoral college by a fairly large margin. This election could easily end up something like 47-47 or 46-48 with Trump winning again.
As usual I want to see more than just one data point before we declare a trend. That tie is way outside of the margins of everybody else... since the middle of the month Biden has been up 6, 7, 2, 10, 6 and 6. That IBD poll currently looks like a big outlier. If Trump was as confident as you are he wouldn’t have threatened to fire and sue his campaign manager over his current standing. They have internal polling showing something going very sideways on them.

A fairly large margin? You’re kidding right? It was 3 states and 70,000 votes. That’s the skin of his teeth. He won it by 38 out of 538 electoral votes... that’s not a large margin at all. 1984 was a large margin. So was 1972. Back to the drawing board with you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic