Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Plastic Pelosi’s pork

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Plastic Pelosi’s pork

Post by audiophile » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:12 pm

Woooooooo hooooooooooooooooo!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:57 pm

Both sides have pork.

The Democrats want to impose carbon emissions on aircraft, give money to the Kennedy Center, fund social programs that have nothing to do with workers, etc.

The Republicans want to bail out way too much industry that really don't need it. Myself, I would like say phooey to the Cruise Industry. Even before all the Corona Bologna, they were floating petri dishes. They are all foreign owned anyway. I see absolutely no reason to give them any money.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:14 pm

Carbon emissions on aircraft? They are insane.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:23 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:57 pm
Both sides have pork.

The Democrats want to impose carbon emissions on aircraft, give money to the Kennedy Center, fund social programs that have nothing to do with workers, etc.

The Republicans want to bail out way too much industry that really don't need it. Myself, I would like say phooey to the Cruise Industry. Even before all the Corona Bologna, they were floating petri dishes. They are all foreign owned anyway. I see absolutely no reason to give them any money.
Speaking of Pork The GOP also had one in there to ease work visa requirements for pork processing companies...

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:22 am

Both sides did what they always do - tossed in little favors and wishes to please interests which fund their reelections.

However - in general Mitch had it initially rigged for mega dollars being handed out to Trump’s favored corporations/industries (his hotels/resorts, too?) with no accountability or oversight. So Nancy and her democrats instead jumped in to insist that there would be oversight and the workers came first instead of last or not at all or maybe. In other words , as usual, the republicans lavish the rich and the democrats remember the struggling middle class and poor.

Joke of the day? When asked about oversight - Trump shot back “I’m the oversight.”

Not as long as Nancy’s looking out for democracy and our constitution you’re not, Trump.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic