Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

trumps daily campaign rallies

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Lester The Nightfly

Re: trumps daily campaign rallies

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:46 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:20 pm
If somebody other than Hillary had made that comment I might have chuckled. But let's be honest here - Hillary Clinton is probably the most irrelevant high-profile person on the planet right now.
So your problem is with the messenger, not the message? That's a pity...

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:04 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:26 pm
2 things:

First, that is a GOAL. Doesn't mean it will happen if conditions don't permit.
Second, I'm sure he won't literally just open everything up without restriction.
Third (ok, 3 things) - State governors still ultimately have more authority than Trump. Whitmer and other governors can keep their states in lockdown for as long as they see fit.
Let’s blow a hole in that shall we? If he starts saying open it up and the governors don’t follow suit then the people will become restless and as they do so the lockdowns will be less and less effective which puts more people at risk. The messaging from Trump is absolutely all over the place and on this he is going against people who have spent their lives figuring out how to deal with this kind of situation in depth... a reality TV star does not know more than people who have devoted their lives to something or whoever the hell Steve Hilton is.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:51 pm

NPR has stopped broadcasting the daily briefings. They're just a lot of mindless rambling.

They just play the most outrageous highlights later on.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

hanson

Post by hanson » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:06 pm

bmw wrote:
2 things:

Second, I'm sure he won't literally just open everything up without restriction.
Third (ok, 3 things) - State governors still ultimately have more authority than Trump. Whitmer and other governors can keep their states in lockdown for as long as they see fit.
I don't think it is just a "goal" in trumps mind as you say.
I know he has no control over the governors except to restrict the flow of needed supplies. Somebody must have told trump he is indeed a shipping clerk because he has learned to use this position to put the squeeze on the city he loves

hanson

Post by hanson » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:09 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:51 pm
NPR has stopped broadcasting the daily briefings. They're just a lot of mindless rambling.

I'm sure the rest of the "fake news" will soon follow suit

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:10 pm

hanson wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:06 pm
bmw wrote:
2 things:

I know he has no control over the governors except to restrict the flow of needed supplies. Somebody must have told trump he is indeed a shipping clerk because he has learned to use this position to put the squeeze on the city he loves
It’s what he intends to do... the calls on the right to open things by hook or by crook will become so loud soon he will feel he has no choice and he can’t let the base down. “I know more than the generals” will be repurposed as “I know more than the virologists”...

This is a pretty in depth look at it and why doing a relaxing of restrictions isn’t such a good idea:
https://apple.news/ADWSfdVjEQ3-nhJgm_VHwaw

Somebody tell me if that link actually works please... it’s my first time attempting to copy one of those. Thanks.

hanson

Post by hanson » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:58 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:10 pm
hanson wrote:
bmw wrote:
2 things:

It’s what he intends to do... the calls on the right to open things by hook or by crook will become so loud soon he will feel he has no choice and he can’t let the base down. “I know more than the generals” will be repurposed as “I know more than the virologists”...

This is a pretty in depth look at it and why doing a relaxing of restrictions isn’t such a good idea:

Somebody tell me if that link actually works please... it’s my first time attempting to copy one of those. Thanks.
The link worked fine for me.

Maybe Biden can now use an advisor in the name of Dr. Anthony S. Fauci as he prepares to assume the presidency.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:00 pm

hanson wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:58 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:10 pm
hanson wrote:
bmw wrote:
2 things:

The link worked fine for me.

Maybe Biden can now use an advisor in the name of Dr. Anthony S. Fauci as he prepares to assume the presidency.
Thanks Hanson. :)

Yeah if Fauci is let go by Trump then Biden should bring him on board in a heartbeat.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:33 am

hanson wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:09 pm
Turkeytop wrote:

If the reporters would actually ask some relevant questions, maybe it would be worthwhile to watch.

hanson

Post by hanson » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:35 am

km1125 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:33 am
hanson wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:

If the reporters would actually ask some relevant questions, maybe it would be worthwhile to watch.
Such as....do you have anything to say to the American people.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:20 am

hanson wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:35 am
km1125 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:33 am
hanson wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:

Such as....do you have anything to say to the American people.
“Terrible reporter!!!”...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:33 am

And it was a very irresponsible thing to do, causing many people to take their attention from working on this emergency to tell their communities that Trump is a liar and the risk will be at it's greatest around Easter.
bmw wrote:
2 things:

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:59 pm

No other US president would hold campaign rallies - usually televised - with attendees given campaign signs to hold for the cameras - regularly - well after being inaugurated. AND throughout his entire term.

It’s a big, rambling, profanity-a-plenty tell - that Trump is mentally ill with Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

In fact - THAT - combined with endless golfing, and starting work by noon after morning-long tweeting and watching his image on TV - should be more than enough to convince you - the presidential punk is mentally ill.

And these are just a small number of hundreds of bizarre incidents that convince persons - outside and inside Trump’s cult - he’s dangerously unfit to be president.

But - there are those Americans - patriots NOT - who leap to defend or explain this nut case - and in so doing - morph into him.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:29 pm

From reddit:

Dr. Anthony Fauci unveils a mask that could save millions of lives

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:28 am

One picture worth 2-trillion words!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic