Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Democrat Party Plan To Permanently Tank The Economy

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

The Democrat Party Plan To Permanently Tank The Economy

Post by TC Shuts Up » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:58 pm

These are the demands the Democrats are making in order to get them to support bailout plan.

These bastards are undoubtedly the most horrible people in the country. They are selfish, looking out for their own families and cronies, and not a whit for real Americans hurt by this crisis.

https://dbdailyupdate.com/index.php/202 ... ont-do-it/

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

bmw

Re: The Democrat Party Plan To Permanently Tank The Economy

Post by bmw » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:17 pm

My prediction powers say that Democrats are playing with fire right now. Trump got ahead of this and said $1000 for every adult. That number got increased to $1200. Americans are expecting that money. The longer Democrats gum up the process, the more political fallout there will be.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:19 pm

Kind of reminds me of the impeachment.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:26 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:17 pm
My prediction powers say that Democrats are playing with fire right now. Trump got ahead of this and said $1000 for every adult. That number got increased to $1200. Americans are expecting that money. The longer Democrats gum up the process, the more political fallout there will be.
If McConnell and co. Want to get to 50 let alone 60 they’ll have to bend to the Democrats will... at the moment they have the Republicans firmly by the balls. It should be easy enough for the Republicans to attach a few strings to the corporate money and make it salable. Markets didn’t tank the way they do in a Trump Press Conference (TM) so they don’t look worried about it yet.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:28 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:26 pm
bmw wrote:
If McConnell and co. Want to get to 50 let alone 60 they’ll have to bend to the Democrats will... at the moment they have the Republicans firmly by the balls. It should be easy enough for the Republicans to attach a few strings to the corporate money and make it salable. Markets didn’t tank the way they do in a Trump Press Conference (TM) so they don’t look worried about it yet.
Most of those provisions in the detailed link actually make sense if you’ve been following the immediate impact of all this.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:47 pm

The Democrats want to micromanage how every single company spends every penny of federal bailout dollars because a few might make unwise decisions.

It's utterly absurd.

"Well, we don't want federal money being used to buy back stock."

Ya know what? Stock buybacks might not be such a bad thing right now!!! Stock prices are in the toilet. Many people have lost 25 to 40 percent of their retirement savings over the past 30 days. Stock buybacks will help the stock market stabilize.

Companies with especially depressed stock prices but with significant upside once a recovery takes hold (hotel industry, airline industry, tourism industry) can come out FAR ahead from a liquidity standpoint if they use fed money to repurchase stock at depressed prices. That stock can be held in treasury and resold by the issuer at a much higher price once the economy recovers. Proceeds from resale of that stock can then be used to (a) repay the Feds, (b) pay down incumbent creditors, and (c) give pay raises and bonsues to employees or to expand operations and hire new employees!!!

The Dems want to fill the stimulus bill to the hilt with nanny state regulations so as to pander to the Big Labor and Trial Lawyer lobbies, and in some cases, they want to stuff the bill with ridiculous riders completely unrelated to the intent of the legislation (McConnell gave some examples during his speech on the floor of the Senate earlier today; some of the items McConnell mentioned are also listed in the highly informative article that TC Shuts Up shared).

Even if the Dems got their wishes, there's no fucking way to accurately monitor compliance with the regulations they wish to impose.

Example: "We don't want companies to fire workers if they take the money."
If the legislation includes such restrictions, companies that might benefit from taking the money may choose not to do so, leading to a worse economic outcome for all relevant stakeholders. Alternatively, companies might wind up requesting a LOT more money than what they would otherwise need, knowing that they cannot shed unnecessary headcount.

If the Dems are worried about high unemployment (I agree it's a legitimate concern; we are headed toward a major recession), then why not try to negotiate even beefier unemployment insurance provisions as opposed to placing albatrosses around the necks of businesses?

The fact they are trying to attach Green New Deal-type regulations to this quintessentially important and highly urgent legislation is indeed sickening. >: >: >:

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:54 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:28 pm
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:
Most of those provisions in the detailed link actually make sense if you’ve been following the immediate impact of all this.
Ever run a business where you had employees?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:57 pm

BTW, I am not a fan of Trump (I do like some of his policies), but every time we get a peek at what's behind door #2 (i.e. the policy antics of the Dems), I feel like sticking with the devil I know is the far lesser of two evils!

Just like the Green New Deal and the Justice Kavanaugh hearings, the Dems' collective behavior here is a MAJOR turn-off for me.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:00 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:54 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:28 pm
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:
Ever run a business where you had employees?
Can’t say I have. I have seen a lot of whiny business owners however.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:41 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:57 pm
the Dems' collective behavior here is a MAJOR turn-off for me.
I think Nancy Pelosi is driving the train. Did you see her today answering questions? "We worked really hard on our bill." :barf

Republicans control 2 out of 3 branches of government right now - that puts them in the drivers' seat.

Politically, I'm not sure which side blinks first.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:46 pm

To Rate This: I don't think calling business owners "whiny" at a time when they are at serious risk of financial ruin is terribly appropriate.

The partial student loan forgiveness provision is sensible and I need more info on item #2 before passing final judgment; the remainder are outrageous.
I think Nancy Pelosi is driving the train. Did you see her today answering questions? "We worked really hard on our bill." :barf
I didn't want to throw up my lunch, so I did not see her press conference. (You chose the correct emoticon!)

The only place she's driving the train is straight off the cliff.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:50 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:41 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:57 pm
the Dems' collective behavior here is a MAJOR turn-off for me.

Republicans control 2 out of 3 branches of government right now - that puts them in the drivers' seat.

Politically, I'm not sure which side blinks first.
You can’t be in the drivers seat without at least 50 votes in the senate... and 60 to get past a fillibuster... for the next 2 weeks or so they have 48 without the Democrats... guess who holds all the marbles in that scenario?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:52 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:46 pm
To Rate This: I don't think calling business owners "whiny" at a time when they are at serious risk of financial ruin is terribly appropriate.

The partial student loan forgiveness provision is sensible and I need more info on item #2 before passing final judgment; the remainder are outrageous.
I didn't want to throw up my lunch, so I did not see her press conference. (You chose the correct emoticon!)

The only place she's driving the train is straight off the cliff.
They are always whining about further restrictions rather than just doing them. The one’s that do usually survive and the ones that don’t well.. don’t. To be clear most of those points I’m referring to are not immediate ones but the ones that also focus on the recovery period.

As for those larger businesses that spent 10 years buying back stock? Fuck em. Those are the cash reserves they could have hung on to for such a calamity but this is the third downturn with this kind of behavior. They have no business crying about bad decisions now and treasury has no business giving them a broad based no strings bailout. It should be along the lines of what we did with GM and Chrysler last time... a situation we made a profit on as a country. When I get home later I will go into some detail on each of the points. About 90% of them I’ve heard some rumblings about how that specific industry is being hit.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:09 pm

This absurd Covid relief bill includes, among other things, a $500 billion slush fund of taxpayer money for Trump and Mnuchin to dole out in secret to companies of their choosing including of course ones they would profit from. They even wrote in that they can keep secret which companies the money goes to for 6-months! Republicans also wrote the protections on stock buybacks and worker retention to be tied to the bailout funds purposefully weak so that it’s basically nonexistent.

This version of the bill was never meant to be a serious attempt to pass something and provide relief.

The censorship king from out of state.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:22 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:58 pm
These are the demands the Democrats are making in order to get them to support bailout plan.

These bastards are undoubtedly the most horrible people in the country. They are selfish, looking out for their own families and cronies, and not a whit for real Americans hurt by this crisis.

https://dbdailyupdate.com/index.php/202 ... ont-do-it/
This article is a bunch of crap.
More garbage pulled out of somebody's ass for more clickbait.
FAKE NEWS

I seem to remember the economy surging under the last two Democratic Presidents and tanking under, now, the last two Republican presidents.

I've voted straight Republican my whole life until Trump. And now I will never vote for another Republican again.

Marble Mouth Mitch (the worst senator in US history) is behind the stimulus vote slowdown.

Here... Try a Real News publication...
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/23/opin ... gress.html

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic