Registrations in the queue through August 2 at 8:45a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

“I’m in the media, I can’t stay home”

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
lovinlife101
Posts: 4950
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

“I’m in the media, I can’t stay home”

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:27 am

I’m calling BS.

Nobody needs someone to front a national package on Covid-19.



zzand
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:16 am
Location: right here

Re: “I’m in the media, I can’t stay home”

Post by zzand » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:37 pm

The DHS disagrees with you which is why letters went out last week for broadcasters to keep on their person or in their vehicle explaining that they are considered essential . Mine is in my glove compartment.



User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 4538
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: “I’m in the media, I can’t stay home”

Post by audiophile » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:40 pm

Yep.


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Chrocket87
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:46 pm

Re: “I’m in the media, I can’t stay home”

Post by Chrocket87 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:44 pm

zzand wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:37 pm
The DHS disagrees with you which is why letters went out last week for broadcasters to keep on their person or in their vehicle explaining that they are considered essential . Mine is in my glove compartment.
So, how has your work environment changed to keep you safe? One person plus cameraman per room? Everyone has their own mic? I’m genuinely curious.



lovinlife101
Posts: 4950
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: “I’m in the media, I can’t stay home”

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:59 pm

zzand wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:37 pm
The DHS disagrees with you which is why letters went out last week for broadcasters to keep on their person or in their vehicle explaining that they are considered essential . Mine is in my glove compartment.
:rollin :rollin :rollin

A government agency disagrees with me? I SURE HOPE SO!!!

So many national media personalities are conducting business from home, but local news wannabes think they’re more important than anyone else.

local losers: “I’m saving the world by going to work to product a product nobody will see! The rest of you save the world from the comfort of your own home.”



Rate This
Posts: 3946
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: “I’m in the media, I can’t stay home”

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:01 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:59 pm
zzand wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:37 pm
The DHS disagrees with you which is why letters went out last week for broadcasters to keep on their person or in their vehicle explaining that they are considered essential . Mine is in my glove compartment.
:rollin :rollin :rollin

A government agency disagrees with me? I SURE HOPE SO!!!

So many national media personalities are conducting business from home, but local news wannabes think they’re more important than anyone else.

local losers: “I’m saving the world by going to work to product a product nobody will see! The rest of you save the world from the comfort of your own home.”
At a certain point you just need to be kicked out of here...



lovinlife101
Posts: 4950
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: “I’m in the media, I can’t stay home”

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:04 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:01 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:59 pm
zzand wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:37 pm
The DHS disagrees with you which is why letters went out last week for broadcasters to keep on their person or in their vehicle explaining that they are considered essential . Mine is in my glove compartment.
:rollin :rollin :rollin

A government agency disagrees with me? I SURE HOPE SO!!!

So many national media personalities are conducting business from home, but local news wannabes think they’re more important than anyone else.

local losers: “I’m saving the world by going to work to product a product nobody will see! The rest of you save the world from the comfort of your own home.”
At a certain point you just need to be kicked out of here...
I will NEVER advocate to have ANYONE silenced. I pity you that you believe some should be silenced. Your buddy Hitler agrees with you.



Rate This
Posts: 3946
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: “I’m in the media, I can’t stay home”

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:06 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:04 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:01 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:59 pm
zzand wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:37 pm
The DHS disagrees with you which is why letters went out last week for broadcasters to keep on their person or in their vehicle explaining that they are considered essential . Mine is in my glove compartment.
:rollin :rollin :rollin

A government agency disagrees with me? I SURE HOPE SO!!!

So many national media personalities are conducting business from home, but local news wannabes think they’re more important than anyone else.

local losers: “I’m saving the world by going to work to product a product nobody will see! The rest of you save the world from the comfort of your own home.”
At a certain point you just need to be kicked out of here...
I will NEVER advocate to have ANYONE silenced. Inpitybthatvyiu that believe some should be silenced. Your buddy Hitler agrees with you.
Careful... don’t blow a fuse there spambot... your typos are showing for 2 posts now...



User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 4538
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: “I’m in the media, I can’t stay home”

Post by audiophile » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:42 pm

Huh? I didn't see that.
Mr T's line was "I Pity The Fool!" LOL


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This
Posts: 3946
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: “I’m in the media, I can’t stay home”

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:56 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:42 pm
Huh? I didn't see that.
Mr T's line was "I Pity The Fool!" LOL
I caught it before he fixed it.



lovinlife101
Posts: 4950
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: “I’m in the media, I can’t stay home”

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:53 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:56 pm
audiophile wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:42 pm
Huh? I didn't see that.
Mr T's line was "I Pity The Fool!" LOL
I caught it before he fixed it.
He?

Not I!



Rate This
Posts: 3946
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: “I’m in the media, I can’t stay home”

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:58 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:53 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:56 pm
audiophile wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:42 pm
Huh? I didn't see that.
Mr T's line was "I Pity The Fool!" LOL
I caught it before he fixed it.
He?

Not I!
Ahem... pardon me.. spambot.



lovinlife101
Posts: 4950
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: “I’m in the media, I can’t stay home”

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:07 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:58 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:53 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:56 pm
audiophile wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:42 pm
Huh? I didn't see that.
Mr T's line was "I Pity The Fool!" LOL
I caught it before he fixed it.
He?

Not I!
Ahem... pardon me.. spambot.
Whatever you say, sailor.



Rate This
Posts: 3946
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: “I’m in the media, I can’t stay home”

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:23 pm

Actually for the record I don’t really like water.



zzand
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:16 am
Location: right here

Re: “I’m in the media, I can’t stay home”

Post by zzand » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:42 pm

"So, how has your work environment changed to keep you safe? One person plus cameraman per room? Everyone has their own mic? I’m genuinely curious."

I am on the radio side, not TV, and 3/4 of the staff is using mobile equipment to broadcast from home. The PD in each of our stations will work from the physical buildings to download certain things and make sure mobile equipment is working right. All sales and support are working from home.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic