Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Downplays to Public - of Virus Danger - Criminal?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Downplays to Public - of Virus Danger - Criminal?

Post by screen glare » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:52 am

With Fox News aka “Trump TV”, Rush, InfoWars, etc. “meh” tone, attitude, and general downplay of Coronavirus danger - should they all be held accountable for convincing their audience that the virus spreading is a hoax, or nothing to worry about?

kager

Re: Downplays to Public - of Virus Danger - Criminal?

Post by kager » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:39 am

Wut-choo tockinbout, Chicken Little?

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:34 am

So I guess Fox News demographic is UM college students because it was business as usual for them till the Gov closed the bars. I know for a fact Corona parties have been all the rage around campus for several days. Who knew they got their marching orders from Fox?

I no longer directly engage trolls

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:12 am

Nope. Nice try Fox defender.

College students who mostly don’t monitor Fox News-type conservative media - or anything outside social media - are traditionally in the “it can’t happen to me” mind set. Why? Because they are the youngest of young adults. Without having survived a lot of real world adult consequences from risky behaviors.

This allows youth to take a lot of risk. Join the military. Engage in unprotected sex. Drink and drive. Drug and drive. Feel passionate about a political candidate , yet not vote. And in general take high risks due to their lack of real world experience and real world consequence.

So I think your “Coronavirus parties related to Fox (Trump TV) viewing” is laughably incorrect, craigster. (Though it’s tongue in cheek - it’s also meant to exonerate Fox and other conservative news outlets from helping to spread an attitude reflecting that of Trump’s. Under control. I’m great. My administration great. Wash your hands. It will miraculously go away. Obama and dems responsible for any problem. I’m not responsible.)

More likely, craigster - youthful adults notice it’s mostly old people not surviving Coronavirus - so that’s something to party about.

No sense of the real world danger of contracting and spreading the virus while the virus incubates inside them. Or even themselves with little sleep/lot o’ sugar beat down immune systems at risk of dying.
Last edited by screen glare on Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:45 am

LOL, you missed it.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:54 am

No. You’ve missed it, audiophile. By a million miles.
Last edited by screen glare on Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:03 am

Bottom line: USA federal government under Trump twiddled its thumbs during the months it had to transparently plan for the worst - while hoping for the best.

It’s the responsibility of the federal government under the bully pulpit of the president’s leadership to consider worst-case-scenario and plan ahead/take decisive action - on the side of caution - to save lives.

Over planning? Too many patient beds? NBD.
Under planning? Not enough beds? Irresponsible! Or test kits. Or ventilators. Or masks for health care providers.

Has Trump developed empathy yet? No! He can’t. Because he’s mentally ill with Narcissistic Personality DISORDER.

Wake up, Trump supporters. You’ve got to get out of his cult and reprogram yourselves to embrace truth. He’s unfit for office. There are NO “alternative facts”, Kellyanne. A president who daily lies to the American people and is only concerned with himself is DANGEROUS. And those mentally stable who are afraid to speak truth to power - or excuse and use Trump for advancement of their own agendas - are reprehensible.

Even criminal.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:23 am

You don't know jack, er Craig....

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:39 am

Do I win a prize for trolling a troll?

I no longer directly engage trolls

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:13 am

SG was never able to tell me what specific laws Trump broke in 2016, so I know I'm wasting my time here, but I'll ask anyways. What specific criminal statutes have Rush Limbaugh or any of the Fox News commentators violated, and what specific speech violated those statutes?

On a side note, why when I see SG do I visualize someone from the 1600s running around with a torch and a pitchfork?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:26 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:13 am
SG was never able to tell me what specific laws Trump broke in 2016, so I know I'm wasting my time here, but I'll ask anyways. What specific criminal statutes have Rush Limbaugh or any of the Fox News commentators violated, and what specific speech violated those statutes?

On a side note, why when I see SG do I visualize someone from the 1600s running around with a torch and a pitchfork?
I’d say it’s irresponsible to undermine medical advice and make fun of it and it puts people in harms way..: negligence is all I got...

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:46 pm

Consider manslaughter on a massive scale.

At any rate, Rate This, thanks for the intelligent input.

bmw , audiophile, LL101, Bryce, and several others here would be most welcome, and fit right in - with toddler Trump - and his half-assed, mortifying, late to act, knee-jerk, chaos-R-us, neoNazi friendly, weak excuse - for an effective, responsible, respect-earned, presidential administration and executive branch of the US government.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:44 pm

So you CAN'T name any statutes violated or the speech which violates them. You create a thread asking if their speech is criminal, but you can't actually cite examples or even make any kind of coherent argument as to why these people should be locked up.

Trolling noted.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:31 pm

Ignorance of public danger due to “yelling fire/crowded theatre” example.

Noted.

BTW bmw, your word “trolling” tossed at those who disagree - is an obvious thin shield.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:11 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:39 am
Do I win a prize for trolling a troll?
I think you should...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic