Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Pelosi Tried To Sneak $1 Billion Abortion Slush Fund Into Emergency COVID-19 Bill

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Pelosi Tried To Sneak $1 Billion Abortion Slush Fund Into Emergency COVID-19 Bill

Post by audiophile » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:02 pm

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Re: Pelosi Tried To Sneak $1 Billion Abortion Slush Fund Into Emergency COVID-19 Bill

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:09 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:02 pm
https://pjmedia.com/trending/nancy-pelo ... irus-bill/

Pot meet Kettle you hack!
The Republicans did the exact same thing... those GOP hacks...

audiophile

Re: Pelosi Tried To Sneak $1 Billion Abortion Slush Fund Into Emergency COVID-19 Bill

Post by audiophile » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:14 pm

Whom did they attempt to add funding to?
Last edited by audiophile on Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:16 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:14 pm
Whom did they attempt to add funding to?
Whom tried to restrict reproductive rights in a time of panic?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:18 pm

Besides it's kind of ironic for Pelosi to add funds to kill babies, in bill meant to save lives from a communicable virus...

Might as well skip a step.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:24 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:18 pm
Besides it's kind of ironic for Pelosi to add funds to kill babies, in bill meant to save lives from a communicable virus...

Might as well skip a step.
Let’s at least get our terms straight... it’s a baby after it’s born and a fetus before.

Secondly adding anti-abortion language to the bill stinks just as bad. There’s no logical reason for that to be there. So both tried to put abortion language in it. What the language did is irrelevant here. Who tried first will tell us which one was the tat in the tit for tat.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:34 pm

1. Oh they call that semantics.

2. Look at the timing.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:39 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:34 pm

2. Look at the timing.
1. It’s called a fact. It’s an embryo in the egg and a chick outside it. No semantics to it. You don’t get to change and extend terms to prop up an argument or make yourself feel better. If you wish to play this game I could call you a Muslim if you want.. I mean Abrahamic religion, history of killing and bigotry... seems like semantics to me.

2. Which side put an abortion thing in first is the question? I imagine the GOP since they were against the bill originally so they would try to put something unpalatable in it to kill it. That’s what we need to figure out. You are acting like it was all the Democrats here.. the Republicans had no business pulling their shit either.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:22 am

Both sides were wrong...period

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:48 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:39 pm
audiophile wrote:

2. Look at the timing.
1. It’s called a fact. It’s an embryo in the egg and a chick outside it. No semantics to it. You don’t get to change and extend terms to prop up an argument or make yourself feel better. If you wish to play this game I could call you a Muslim if you want.. I mean Abrahamic religion, history of killing and bigotry... seems like semantics to me.

2. Which side put an abortion thing in first is the question? I imagine the GOP since they were against the bill originally so they would try to put something unpalatable in it to kill it. That’s what we need to figure out. You are acting like it was all the Democrats here.. the Republicans had no business pulling their shit either.
I once had a legal battle over three letters with a high-powered DC law firm that changed nothing. Guess what, they lost. All I had prove it was used interchangeably. I wrote the legal reply myself.

In the same way, de-humanizing a person by calling it a fetus will get you nowhere here.

Walk up to a heavily pregnant woman that you don't know and ask her when her fetus is going to be born? You will get slapped!

Or ask this:
When is the fetus shower?
Where is the fetus registry?
What is the fetus due date?
That cute couple is expectant, I wonder if that couple has a cute fetus?
The drunk driver was charged with a double homicide for killing woman and her fetus?

Have a nice day!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:06 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:48 am
Rate This wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:39 pm
audiophile wrote:

2. Look at the timing.

I once had a legal battle over three letters with a high-powered DC law firm that changed nothing. Guess what, they lost. All I had prove it was used interchangeably. I wrote the legal reply myself.

In the same way, de-humanizing a person by calling it a fetus will get you nowhere here.

Walk up to a heavily pregnant woman that you don't know and ask her when her fetus is going to be born? You will get slapped!

Or ask this:
When is the fetus shower?
Where is the fetus registry?
What is the fetus due date?
That cute couple is expectant, I wonder if that couple has a cute fetus?
The drunk driver was charged with a double homicide for killing woman and her fetus?

Have a nice day!
All of those questions involve something in the future when it would be a baby except the drunk driving one, usually it’s called an unborn baby which is a more polite term for... fetus. Are you purposely bad at arguments or something? These are coming out especially half baked.

The dictionary told me to let you know:
Definition of fetus
: an unborn or unhatched vertebrate especially after attaining the basic structural plan of its kind
specifically : a developing human from usually two months after conception to birth.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fetus

From conception to 8 weeks it’s an embryo:

Definition of embryo
1a : an animal in the early stages of growth and differentiation that are characterized by cleavage, the laying down of fundamental tissues, and the formation of primitive organs and organ systems
especially : the developing human individual from the time of implantation to the end of the eighth week after conception
b archaic : a vertebrate at any stage of development prior to birth or hatching.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/embryo

People call it a baby when it really is actually a fetus or at an earlier point an embryo. Nowhere does it say that it’s a person and that calling it an embryo or fetus dehumanizes it. That’s you letting your emotions run wild.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:56 pm

LOL, you must be pretty bored to come back with definitions.

I know more about that then you may ever know. I got the pictures to prove it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:19 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:56 pm
LOL, you must be pretty bored to come back with definitions.

I know more about that then you may ever know. I got the pictures to prove it.
You know more about definitions? Ok Miriam... do tell.

Yeah I’m bored... gonna be a quiet few days off... that’s ok I need it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic