Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Debate Preview - Sunday, March 15th 2020

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 14896

Re: Debate Preview - Sunday, March 15th 2020

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:22 am

audiophile wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:04 am
Biden hit back hard on Bernie for single payer, saying how's it working in Italy where they have to pick living and dying based the number of ventilators. Ouch!

If you work for the big three you can never vote for either of these jokers. CAFE standards through the roof. All drilling and fracking stopped. Paris climate accord. Higher energy taxes. High speed rail everywhere (doesn't work because of US population density too light).

I find irony that Bernie was ranting woman's right to her own body (pregnancy termination) then the next sentence speaking about saving lives with Covid-19. Would it make more sense to be prolife and save lives on both?

If we talking about rights like Bernie like to talk about, why can't we have right to assemble even if it is a risk? Bernie love for authoritarian regimes is also an obvious contradiction.
While I agree with almost everything you say, I humbly disagree about fracking and oil drilling.
I would like to see North American oil reserves "saved" until the price of oil gets back up near $4.00 a gallon.
I'd like to stop domestic production to be honest, buy the cheap oil from overseas, and then when the pinch comes around again, (and it will) then ramp up production in the US and Canada.

And I'm also of the mind that consumers could keep the price of gas under $2.00 forever.
One slow down in consumption, even just a few percent, will cause a tremendous log jam of freighters waiting to unload.
If everyone just did the speed limit, that would save enough gas to cause the price of gas down under a buck in six months. The supply chain is that delicate.

The "logjams" in the supply chain is the reason they announce price increases. They got to get that product moving. They know if a price increase is announced, all the lemmings will run to the pump and fill up, alleviating the backup.

audiophile

Re: Debate Preview - Sunday, March 15th 2020

Post by audiophile » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:45 am

I agree, conserve, but not by Paris Climate Accord, or jailing Exxon execs as Bernie suggested for carbon emissions. Bernie's a constitutional nightmare.

My car easily gets 50 MPG city/highway once it's warmed up. Sometimes closer to 60 MPG in summer.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic