Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I might vote against Trump in November...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

I might vote against Trump in November...

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:39 pm

...only if the candidate I voted for today wins! Does Tulsi have a chance?

Also, abortion is murder.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Re: I might vote against Trump in November...

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:44 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:39 pm
...only if the candidate I voted for today wins! Does Tulsi have a chance?

Also, abortion is murder.
Let’s see.. she campaigned in Nevada AFTER the caucuses... so nah...

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:34 pm

Doubt it. She may win Hawaii if she stays in that long, but she has no money to spend. I voted for her too, for the record, not so much for her platform but to create more fun at the convention.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:37 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:34 pm
Doubt it. She may win Hawaii if she stays in that long, but she has no money to spend. I voted for her too, for the record, not so much for her platform but to create more fun at the convention.
The one where the only other guys in The race will settle it before the convention at the insistence of Sanders?

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:42 pm

Probably. The Dems’ system is pretty screwed up with the superdelegates. The Repubs have their own problems with their conventions (changing the rules so Ron Paul’s delegates couldn’t be seated for one). Bill Weld I believe has one or two delegates. Even though it’s obvious Trump will get the nomination, those delegates should still be seated. The Dems should do the same with Gabbard’s delegates.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:53 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:42 pm
Probably. The Dems’ system is pretty screwed up with the superdelegates. The Repubs have their own problems with their conventions (changing the rules so Ron Paul’s delegates couldn’t be seated for one). Bill Weld I believe has one or two delegates. Even though it’s obvious Trump will get the nomination, those delegates should still be seated. The Dems should do the same with Gabbard’s delegates.
To what end? So the 3 of them can vote for her and she can die an old woman with a story to tell?

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:59 pm

She earned them. As long as she is still in the race, they should have that right. You never know- if there is a deadlock between Biden and Sanders, she could be a compromise candidate.

I remember a guy ran against Obama in 2012 and did extremely well in Arkansas, over 40% despite a minuscule budget. They refused his delegates too.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:10 pm

Don't know much about her. But she couldn't be any more anti-working class than is Joe Biden.

The only candidate who even acknowledges the working class is Bernie Sanders, but he has it all wrong. Says he wants to help the working class become middle class. Where did he get the notion that we, in the working class want to be middle class?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:14 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:10 pm
Don't know much about her. But she couldn't be any more anti-working class than is Joe Biden.

The only candidate who even acknowledges the working class is Bernie Sanders, but he has it all wrong. Says he wants to help the working class become middle class. Where did he get the notion that we, in the working class want to be middle class?
The middle class was created by the working class achieving upward mobility which is what most people in the working class desired. You are way out of step with the working class in the U.S. my friend. They didn’t wear working class as a badge of honor... they proudly tried to improve their lives and provide for their families so that their children could do even better than they did and move beyond working class.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:24 pm

I have working class friends working in trades with incomes of more than $100 K.

Their families are doing very well. They have no aspirations to be middle class.

We're the only class that doesn't have a minimum income threshold for membership and doesn't have an income ceiling..

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:41 pm

If your friends are making $100k+ a year, they're middle class whether they like it or not.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:45 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:24 pm
I have working class friends working in trades with incomes of more than $100 K.

Their families are doing very well. They have no aspirations to be middle class.

We're the only class that doesn't have a minimum income threshold for membership and doesn't have an income ceiling..
Classes are built on income brackets... they are not abstract social attitude constructs...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:59 pm

So what is the minimum income threshold for membership in your class? Just to see if I might qualify

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:15 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:59 pm
So what is the minimum income threshold for membership in your class? Just to see if I might qualify
About $45,200 American or more... up to $135,600 as of 2016. I am barely middle class. Barely.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:32 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:15 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:59 pm
About $45,200 American or more... up to $135,600 as of 2016. I am barely middle class. Barely.
So that converts to $61 K Canadian. So, I guess I qualify OK, but I think I'll pass.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic