Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Evangelical Christians turn their backs on Foster Kids

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Evangelical Christians turn their backs on Foster Kids

Post by TC Talks » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:50 pm

In a world where women can't make their own reproductive health choices, expect the Foster Care system to get even worse. Where is the "Right to Life" movement? Nowhere, because foster kids are already humans. The only problem? The can't fill the coffers on Sunday, so they are useless...
We currently have over 500,000 children in our broken foster care system, and all are at extremely high risk...

Almost 80% of inmates incarcerated in our prisons have spent time in foster care.

40-50% of former foster youth become homeless within 18 months after leaving care.

60% of youth earn incomes below the poverty line.

65% of children in foster care experience seven or more school changes from elementary to high school.

Only 1-3% graduate from college.

25% of foster youth will be in prison within two years of emancipation.
http://www.fostercare2.org/ask-the-pros-2
Last edited by TC Talks on Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Re: Evangelical Christians turn their back on Foster Care

Post by audiophile » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:51 pm

So we have a mere 1,000 kids on average per state on foster care?

Being there is 83 counties in Michigan that's an average only 12 kids per county. That not very many.

We are the most generous nation on the planet. Point not made in regards reproductive services.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:12 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:50 pm
In a world where women can't make their own reproductive health choices, expect the Foster Care system to get even worse. Where is the "Right to Life" movement? Nowhere, because foster kids are already humans. The only problem? The can't fill the coffers on Sunday, so they are useless...
We currently have over 500,000 children in our broken foster care system, and all are at extremely high risk...

Almost 80% of inmates incarcerated in our prisons have spent time in foster care.

40-50% of former foster youth become homeless within 18 months after leaving care.

65% of children in foster care experience seven or more school changes from elementary to high school.

You can thank Johnson and his "great society" program for making the traditional family unit undesirable.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:01 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:12 pm
TC Talks wrote:

You can thank Johnson and his "great society" program for making the traditional family unit undesirable.
Finally, something that isn't Obama's fault... :wink:

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:09 pm

TC Talks wrote:
audiophile wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:51 pm
So we have a mere 1,000 kids on average per state on foster care?
So where did you learn math, from Brian Williams?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:11 pm

See my post from yesterday...
audiophile wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:06 am
Being off one decimal place is probably forgivable as an honest mistake. No one in their right mind would go air with those figures with any common sense. Hello!?!? Like Sum Ting Wong!
I was off by a factor of 10 (one decimal place), because I got interrupted and thought it said 50,000. I should have quoted the text and I would avoided the mistake.

I also asked someone to confirm it by asking in the form of a question. It didn't seem right to me...

Brian Williams was off by a factor of 1,000,000. Plus I didn't take it to air.

So I'm 100,000 times more accurate then Brian Williams... Thanks for the compliment! :blink
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:29 pm

So, attacks on politicians, attempts to marginalize the data, but not one response refuting the fact that Evangelical Christians completely shun the same kind of unwanted kids that they are fighting to create.

Look, abortion bans will only impact the poor and often abused women. Rich suburban girls will simply drive to Illinois. What is the plan for all these living humans who will be dumped? Because these isn't one today...
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:43 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:12 pm
TC Talks wrote:

Also a general repudiation of 1950’s family life...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic