Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A Respectful Question for those who will vote...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 12047

A Respectful Question for those who will vote...

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:34 am

to re-elect the President in 2020: What are your feelings on the pardons issued this week? I won't respond with anything other than thanks for the info, but I'm really curious as to how loyal Republicans and others who are supporters feel about these actions.

audiophile

Re: A Respectful Question for those who will vote...

Post by audiophile » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:47 am

We have too many non-violent persons in jail. Rehabilitate them, pay a big fine, and let them out. Bar them from voting or holding public office, or whatever got them in to trouble.

I believe in second chances because no man is perfect, and without the lord we are lost.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:07 am

Thanks for your comment. Follow up question: Wouldn't it make more sense to release the hundreds of marijuana users and other non-violent felons being incarcerated rather than a number of white collar criminals who were convicted of corruption type crimes?

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:12 pm

I agree that pot users should be released especially now that it is legal in Michigan and I think 16 other states. Audio makes a great point, big fines, not being able to hold office, although I think unless you are jailed for a violent crime or something to do with elections, voting should still be allowed. As for the original question, they make no difference to me as they don't affect my life at all.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:27 pm

Next up, Bernie Madoff.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic