Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Cops get away with murder in Saginaw

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
RingtailedFox

Re: Cops get away with murder in Saginaw

Post by RingtailedFox » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:30 am

i checked the story out and it said the dog's gonna be okay...
Officers entered the home with 5-year-old German Shepherd canine officer Deebo, who was then stabbed in the head by the suspect. The suspect was then shot and killed by police.

"Officers eventually rescued the hostage from the home," said Saginaw Police Chief Bob Ruth.

Canine officer Deebo was taken to a veterinary hospital. He is expected to make a full recovery and return to work.

"I think he's going to be okay, but you never know in these situations until everything comes out," Ruth said. "I'm hoping for the best."
with that said, i have no sympathy for the perp being shot by the cops. anyone low enough to stab a dog deserves 9mm's of justice.

~ The Legendary Raccoon-Fox has spoken!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:54 am

I believe in limited use of force. Just enough to stop the chaos.

A person with a knife should be shot in the arm.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:25 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:54 am
I believe in limited use of force. Just enough to stop the chaos.

A person with a knife should be shot in the arm.
You must be a darn good shot! Not to mention a cool customer in a high stress situation.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:40 pm

We pay them to be a good shot.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:45 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:40 pm
We pay them to be a good shot.
Was it dark? Were their lives in direct jeopardy at the time? It’s easy to arm chair quarterback and really hard to be in that situation...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:29 pm

We pay them to have lights too.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:04 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:29 pm
We pay them to have lights too.
You don't have a concept of the stress involved in such a split second decision do you?

I'm merely trying to point out that there are a thousand things we don't know and for you and Matt to go on like its an execution is completely irresponsible given the complete lack of information. You don't shoot them in the arm if you are gonna try to disable them. You go for the kneecaps. That'll leave them in so much pain they won't be doing much of anything.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:15 pm

No, I'm saying they should be trained to use minimal force to stop the chaos, not just be trained to shoot to kill.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:19 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:15 pm
No, I'm saying they should be trained to use minimal force to stop the chaos, not just be trained to shoot to kill.
And they usually are.. the question is what was exactly happening... they must have felt they were in imminent danger or they would have shot the guy... I’ve also been informed that for better or worse you wouldn’t aim for the arm or the kneecap to disable someone... it’s the torso... you aim for the biggest target available because it’s easiest to hit.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:26 pm

audiophile wrote:
Again, this isn't TV or a movie. Not sure if you've ever used or fired a handgun or had to use one in a high stress situation but what looks good on paper doesn't translate well to real life. On a good day, in a controlled environment, (ie stress free) I can put a three tap into a pie plate at 100 feet. A pie plate is a whole lot bigger around than a arm or a knee.

Police officers are trained to aim for the torso—known as center mass. This area offers the largest target and, thus, the best chance of connecting and ending the threat.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:40 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:26 pm
audiophile wrote:
Again, this isn't TV or a movie. Not sure if you've ever used or fired a handgun or had to use one in a high stress situation but what looks good on paper doesn't translate well to real life. On a good day, in a controlled environment, (ie stress free) I can put a three tap into a pie plate at 100 feet. A pie plate is a whole lot bigger around than a arm or a knee.

Police officers are trained to aim for the torso—known as center mass. This area offers the largest target and, thus, the best chance of connecting and ending the threat.
When I asked someone I know who is into guns and has some knowledge I was immediately corrected to this exact answer, thanks Bryce.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:59 pm

Too many people are killed by the police. Watch this and justify what happened here:

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:13 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:59 pm
Too many people are killed by the police. Watch this and justify what happened here:

While I don't condone this incident and feel it was a unjustifiable use of force, two things come to mind.

One, a jury of twelve acquitted the officer at trial. And, two, this shooting isn't even somewhat related to the Saginaw incident.

And, a bonus third. If you don't want to die, don't stab my dog. I love and like them more than most people I know.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic