Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Democrats rigging Iowa results

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 24

Re: Democrats rigging Iowa results

Post by Deleted User 24 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:00 am

Given it's the Democrats, I will assume this is a case of incompetence until I see ample evidence of malfeasance.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:05 am

I'm only speaking to the optics here - as I said, I'm not inclined to believe this is any kind of internal shenanigans. The optics are bad for a number of reasons. It feeds into the republican narrative that the Democrats can't even run a caucus, let alone a country. It also feeds conspiracy theories for Bernie supporters who, because of this, may be even more likely to stay home on election night if somebody other than Bernie gets the nomination. It also feeds into the narrative that Democrats are so obsessed with Trump that they're not even paying attention to their own party's problems.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:34 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:05 am
I'm only speaking to the optics here - as I said, I'm not inclined to believe this is any kind of internal shenanigans. The optics are bad for a number of reasons. It feeds into the republican narrative that the Democrats can't even run a caucus, let alone a country. It also feeds conspiracy theories for Bernie supporters who, because of this, may be even more likely to stay home on election night if somebody other than Bernie gets the nomination. It also feeds into the narrative that Democrats are so obsessed with Trump that they're not even paying attention to their own party's problems.
I think you're 100% correct here, beemer. The only possible positive to come out of this might be for Bloomberg. He is essentially away from the fray here since he wasn't campaigning or on the ballot(?) in Iowa. While it might not be their fault, all the others look foolish just being part of this cluster. Bloomberg is apart from this so still maintains his image as a man gets things done.

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:08 pm

LOL, this headline from the LA Times:

Tech firm started by Clinton campaign veterans is linked to Iowa caucus debacle

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:28 pm

Also Mayor Pete worked with Shadow

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:47 pm

Luckily it’s only 41 delegates. I’ll be interested to compare this to Nevada which goes I believe 4th? They use a caucus too if I’m thinking of the right state. It may just be Iowa has an inept state party. You wonder how much they tested their app first?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:29 pm

Kudos to Matt for his detective work, and double kudos to the LA Times for great reporting!

Supposedly, most results will be released by late afternoon. We'll see what happens.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:01 pm

Word on the street is that there's a new nickname for the former mayor: Mayor Cheat.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:45 pm

Nah. His ground game was excellent in Iowa. Doesn't surprise me at all that he took big numbers from Biden. Klobuchar also took numbers from Biden.

People remember Biden's outburst toward that 83 year old man during the town hall. They remember the "i-i-i-i-i-i-i" moment during the debate. I think voters have done their due diligence on Biden's record. I've said all along his support does not run deep and that people would jump ship come primary time.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:23 pm

With 62% in its Buttigieg and Sanders in a close race... not looking real rigged at all. Just the usual ineptitude from the caucuses in Iowa. What it really is is that app... making something like that actually work correctly is harder than you might think if you aren’t using the right vendor...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:47 pm

The post mortem on what went wrong will be truly interesting.

I would like to know when the hell the 38 percent of precincts that are still missing will be added to the vote and delegate tallies.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:40 pm

Speaking of that other 38%, it will be funny if Bernie did well there (I've seen some speculation that Bernie will win by 4-6 points overall). Reporting the 62% where someone other than Bernie was leading will only add fuel to the conspiracy fires.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:34 am

None of this tripe you’re all discussing matters.

Bloomberg will be the guy who goes up against Trump. And I hope Mayor Pete is VP on the ticket or at least high profile in Bloomberg’s cabinet.

Bernie? Biden? Iowa boomers app savvy? Buh bye.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:23 am

I certainly think Bloomberg's odds are better than Biden's at this point.

The Biden campaign is in panic mode. Interesting articles posted at Politico, Huff Post, and other sites. Tons of finger pointing. I would say the main problem is the candidate himself!

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:51 am

96% reported and now Bernie is within a tenth of a percentage point. Looks like he just may eek out the victory.

More fuel to the conspiracy fire.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic