Acceptable registrations in the queue through October 17 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Rush Limbaugh’s advanced lung cancer

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Rush Limbaugh’s advanced lung cancer

Post by bmw » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:15 am

A past boss of mine (was my boss during the whole ordeal) died from lung cancer. His condition deteriorated quickly and he lived for about a year and a half after diagnosis. He suffered throughout, and from what I saw, the chemo side-effects were the largest source of his suffering. Certainly not how I would want to live the last year and a half of my life. He once was a heavy smoker but quit like 6 or 7 years prior after having a heart attack.

While a lot of threats to your health return to nearly normal levels some time after one quits smoking, the one thing that does NOT decrease is your odds of ever getting lung cancer. They steadily increase with every cigarette smoked, and when you quit, those odds stay right where they are. I always feel like the anti-smoking campaigns are a bit deceptive when they deal with this one particular stat. It is always worded something like "when you quit smoking, after 10 years, your odds of lung cancer will be half of what they were had you continued smoking." That stat hides the fact that the odds don't go down like everything else does.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:05 am

He’s not celebrating his death... leave the abortion stuff in the other thread.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:53 pm

He's had his news cycle, let's get on to important matters.

© 2020 TC Talks Global Inc. All Rights Reserved

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:54 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:32 pm
Y M Ionhere wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:00 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:46 pm
Y M Ionhere wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:32 pm

Im not hoping for her to die. Just to do whats best for herself and the country. Retire and relax.
She is not very effective at her job anymore because of her health and thats not really fair to her colleagues and the country.
Moreover, at this point in her life, its fine to retire and finally get some time to enjoy life.
Nothing she has done deserves death.
Fuck you. What a patronizing, completely full of shit, post. "Don't die, just get off the high court". Maybe if McConnell would guarantee there would be no Supreme Court appointments in the last year of a presidents term like he did 4 years ago, it would be considered. But we all know how good Moscow Mitch's word is.

How is she not effective at her job anymore? Like Clarence Thomas does anything? She's a brilliant jurist with a fantastic legal mind. But you don't like her decisions so you want her to go away....but not die. How big of you. Fuck you.
When one has to take much time off for health reasons, then they are unable to do their job. We will agree to disagree about her brilliance. Her criticism of the very constitution she is supposed to uphold ( saying she doesnt consider it a model for others to follow) tells me shes an activist who is more interested in undermining it.
But I digress...
If she is out for health reasons, then she cannot rule. And that means its interfeing with her job.
But, keep deflecting with your barely coherant rants against Mitch, for whatever reason.
I thank you for your warm, cordial, decent response. Unhinged, off the wall, angry and intolerant. Like every one of you stinking liberalis i encounter.
I have an.uncle who is just like you. I told my immediate family that i fear he will send a pipe bomb to a GOP office. And i wasnt joking. The guy legitimately worries me.I had to stop following him on FB due to his political-based anger because it messed with my blood pressure. Go get some help before you nut off.
I really hope you werent implying that i want to see someone with whom i disagree dead. Im not a left-winger, so i dont think that way.
Dont worry. Ill be gone soon. My health complications are kicking in and i dont think i have even 10 years left. I just want to find happiness in a country that until now has granted me enough economic and personal freedoms to do so.
I think im in the beginning stages of dying myself. I dont like seeing anyone suffering. And lately ive been thinking about taking my own life. But im still trying to find happiness. And wish the same for others in poor health.
Why dont you do the same.
Honeyman has a point... what’s fair is fair... no appointments in the last year of a presidents term now...
As if...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:26 am

I will say this - news/talk PDs and GMs nationwide are shitting their pants.

If you think WJR's ratings are terrible now, just wait until Limbaugh is no longer doing live shows!

WOR in New York is another station that will quickly sink.

Rock 95.5 in Chicago is the worst sounding major market rock station in the history of corporate radio.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:43 am

Glenn Beck when he was CNN was very good. He has the talent if he could stay focused.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

***If Dem's want to pack the Supreme Court - Send Dem packing!***

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:44 am

Mike Huckabee is another guy that could pull it off.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

***If Dem's want to pack the Supreme Court - Send Dem packing!***

MisterT

Post by MisterT » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:37 am

All of the listeners of conservative talk radio are dying off as young people refuse to embrace their backwards ideology, so I don't think there will ever be a replacement who will attain the audience Oxy Rush did. WJR will continue to sink.
Last edited by MisterT on Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:39 am

Rush is one-of-a-kind. I don't know of anybody out there who could even pull 80% of the ratings he does. The few people who could maybe come close are already retired or too old to take the gig (Bill O'Reilly and Neal Boortz are a few names who come to mind). I like Huckabee, but I can't seem him in this kind of role. Glenn Beck wouldn't pull the ratings. The most frequent guest-host, Mark Stein, likely isn't interested (not to mention I don't know just how popular he is). Maybe Ken Matthews?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:02 pm

What about that idiot, Levin? He seems irrational, close-minded and unhinged enough.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:04 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:02 pm
What about that idiot, Levin? He seems irrational, close-minded and unhinged enough.
Youve just described yourself.
But you forgot philosophically bigoted and grouchy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:10 pm

Y M Ionhere wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:04 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Nah, I've been out of radio too long.

But don't wallow in the negative, Y.M. Seize the day! You only got 9 years and 362 days to go.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:11 pm

Beck and Levin already have shows so they would have to give up their current shows or just add the Limbaugh affiliates to them which would make more sense.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:32 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:10 pm
Y M Ionhere wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:04 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Nah, I've been out of radio too long.

But don't wallow in the negative, Y.M. Seize the day! You only got 9 years and 362 days to go.
And your mocking of me for it shows what an utter piece of shit you are.
Basically youve earned any nasty treatment i could shove on you.
But im not a leftist so I dont do that.
Pretty funny. You guys on the left accuse Trump of mocking a disabled reporter and cite that as a reason you hate him. But a guy who has diabetic complications in his 40s, depression, constant body pain, worsening neuropathy and signs of kidney trouble while suffering from too many financial issues to properly treat anything is fair game to mock because im not a Democrat.
Keep it assy. Not classy because you arent.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:49 pm

Sorry for your complications, YM. Your comments "I think I'm in the beginning stages of dying myself." and "I dont think i have even 10 years left." were quite vague, I think you will admit. I really didn't mean to wish any ill will on you. Whether you accept my apology or not, I am sorry they were taken that way.

Things were triggered because I do have issues with your comments on RBG. Saying she "is not effective at her job anymore" is simply wrong. And she hadn't taken an enormous amount of time off at all. You seem to want to throw her in the glue pile, when anyone who know knows her story would realize it is her work that keeps her going. I believe her to be an American hero and have great respect for her, and many on this board and those sitting in the oval office, trash her legacy.

Best of luck to you, I will not make comments in that vain again.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic