Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

National Prayer Breakfast

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 12047

National Prayer Breakfast

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:02 pm

In an address delivered at the 68th National Prayer Breakfast in Washington, D.C., conservative author Arthur Brooks encouraged biblical love amid a nationwide “crisis of contempt and polarization,” reminding attendees that Jesus ordered His followers to love — and not just tolerate — their enemies. “In this crisis resides the greatest opportunity we have ever had as people of faith to lift our nations up and to bring our people together,” Brooks declared.
So of course it was followed by ...
President Trump, a day after being acquitted in a Senate impeachment trial, used a National Prayer Breakfast on Thursday to lash out at his political opponents, accusing them of being “very dishonest and corrupt people” who are trying to destroy him and the country.“As everybody knows, my family, our great country and your president have been put through a terrible ordeal by some very dishonest and corrupt people,” Mr. Trump said.“I don’t like people who use their faith as justification for doing what they know is wrong,” Mr. Trump said. Then, in a clear reference to Ms. Pelosi, who has said she prays for Mr. Trump, the president said, “Nor do I like people who say, ‘I pray for you,’ when they know that’s not so.”
And so on came the reply..
"You’re impeached forever, you are never getting rid of that scar,” Speaker of the house Nancy Pelosi declared at a press conference, even as Trump took a series of victory laps. Pelosi condemned Trump's State of Union address as appalling and called his behavior at Thursday's earlier National Prayer Breakfast inappropriate, reflecting a severely damaged relationship that leaves little opportunity for working together in the future. “He shredded the truth with his speech. He’s shredding the Constitution with his conduct and I shredded his state of mind address," she said of famously ripping up his State of the Union address earlier this week.
And in the East Room of the White House, it continued..
"It was all bullshit. They’re vicious and mean,” Mr. Trump said. “Adam Schiff is a vicious, horrible person. Nancy Pelosi is a horrible person. They've all gone stone cold crazy."
Our country is broken... our political system is dead. No matter who gets elected, when will this stop?

zzand

Re: National Prayer Breakfast

Post by zzand » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:50 pm

After the next civil war

screen glare

Re: National Prayer Breakfast

Post by screen glare » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:16 am

And in your civil war, zzand - who gets killed first, and by whom?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic