Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mainstream media EVISCERATED Joe Biden in 1987

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Mainstream media EVISCERATED Joe Biden in 1987

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:46 pm

Today's mainstream media would never, EVER run a piece like this against any Democratic candidate for President. This was brutal.

Rate This

Re: Mainstream media EVISCERATED Joe Biden in 1987

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:56 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:46 pm
Today's mainstream media would never, EVER run a piece like this against any Democratic candidate for President. This was brutal.

It occurs to me that if you have to rely on the alternative media, you just might be a radical... you certainly cannot be mainstream... many of our conservative media figures are actually radicals... proposing supposed solutions that we “used to do” that we never actually did..

We could do one of these on Trump if you like... it’ll be about an hour long... just covering the 2016 campaign...

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:35 am

And while this derailed Biden’s presidential campaign, it did nothing to interrupt his future political success. He then admitted he’s done some “dumb things” in a press conference, and at other times apologized and admitted he was wrong. This was a big story when it happened in what you call “mainstream media.” And that same mainstream media did the same thing to Bill Clinton when he lied, to John Edwards when he cheated on his wife etc. etc.

Today, The New York Times has a story about how the National Weather Service was threatened with firings if they didn’t chance their forecasts to match what the President had tweeted. (They have the emails, released after a FOIA requests, to back up the article.) Another in a series of the person is more important than process or truth. Doubt we will ever see someone admit to doing “dumb things” on TV.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:08 am

Wow - Connie Chung! LOL

Joe Biden has been a slimy weasel for decades.

That's a great piece of TV footage, bmw. Thank you for sharing it here! (Love the McLaughlin Group snippets in particular.) What's remarkable is how his U.S. Senate career survived all that negative publicity in 1987.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:57 am

I remember when all of this was going down. It's uncanny how he repeated it almost word for word. That takes talent, LOL.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:08 am

Also, LOL at 4:27 - that little snippet is reminiscent of his challenge to that one guy at his town hall to do push-ups.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:35 am

Yea, that is, LOL.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:17 pm

Biden a smoke and mirrors distraction. Bloomberg will top the ticket. And if Putin doesn’t interfere - Mike Will Get It Done.
As scared as Trump is of Biden, he’ll become even more hysterical and panicked having to face Mighty Mike.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:30 pm

screen glare wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:17 pm
Biden a smoke and mirrors distraction. Bloomberg will top the ticket. And if Putin doesn’t interfere - Mike Will Get It Done.
As scared as Trump is of Biden, he’ll become even more hysterical and panicked having to face Mighty Mike.
Dumbshit.
Putin did not change or alter ANY vote and you know it.
Not one.
You wonder why I suspect you of being a troll? Because you cant stop rambling on utter falsities like that.
I really do not think you honestly believe that. You just want Trump defeated so you resort to constantly repeating bad conspiracy theories out of desperation.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:06 pm

Y M Ionhere wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:30 pm
screen glare wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:17 pm
Dumbshit.
Putin did not change or alter ANY vote and you know it.
Not one.
You wonder why I suspect you of being a troll? Because you cant stop rambling on utter falsities like that.
I really do not think you honestly believe that. You just want Trump defeated so you resort to constantly repeating bad conspiracy theories out of desperation.
You're wasting your time even responding to SG - (s)he has been a broken record in here for 2 years and counting.

I do, however, LOL at the prediction that Bloomberg will top the ticket. We're close enough now to the primaries that I'm calling this a 2-man race between Biden and Bernie.

-Warren is toast (unfortunately)
-Buttigieg never quite caught on
-No other fringe candidates ever showed any movement

Bloomberg got into the race too late, IMO. While Biden's numbers are somewhat lower than they were 6 months ago, they're not anywhere near freefall. Bernie is surging at Warren's expense (as I predicted long ago - that those 2 share the same base, so if one is losing, the other will gain). I think that Bloomberg will be toast after Super Tuesday on March 3.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:55 pm

I do not question BMW on election prediction stuff. I learned my lesson 4 years ago. :D

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:36 pm

Mighty Mike knows Trump’s BS like the alphabet. Forward and back. It does nothing to him.

He sees Trump as a punk. A doofus. A jerk. A dime-a-dozen rich kid.

He also knows all about Trump’s mental illness. Knows how to drive him off the emotional cliff. Views him as a child who is easy to manipulate. Never surprised at anything he says or does. Expects it. Plays to it.

Trump’s busy fearing Biden. Has his team focused on Joe.

Meanwhile - Mike’s getting it done. No doubt has his VP lined up, too. Plus S of S. All cabinet heads. AG. Next Supreme Court justice. Mike highly organized, self made, unflappable. Good hearted. Decent. Charitable. Loaded for Bear.

A lifelong “me first” sicko - like Trump - always ends up accidentally screwing himself. Usually by overconfidently not recognizing his most formidable enemy. And worse - underestimating him.

Hope Bloomberg takes Pete as his VP. But instead he’ll probably take a black female. Hope there’s a place in Mike’s administration for Pete. They’re both cool under fire and more than smart about the future of our nation and the world.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:42 pm

Trust BMW, otherwise you'll be sorry,

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:29 pm

Not

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:55 pm

Buh bye unAmerican, “ignore the people” republican senators. And your little Mitch, too.

They all think the people will forget - that THEY forgot - to do their duty, rather than obey Trump’s dictates.

No dictatorship! Not some country minus The Constitution!! On election day - the people won’t forget how their representatives ignored their just demand for witnesses and documents. In other words - a fair trial.

The people were cheated. Force fed a cover up. A very bad taste - which they will not stomach for long.
Last edited by screen glare on Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic