Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

On a scale of 0-10, how worried are you about coronavirus?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: On a scale of 0-10, how worried are you about coronavirus?

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:50 pm

I agree with most of the shutdowns that make sense other than closing outdoor areas as the virus dies fairly easily outside. Community spread is still a problem especially at bars, mass parties, and concerts.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:53 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:50 pm
I agree with most of the shutdowns that make sense other than closing outdoor areas as the virus dies fairly easily outside. Community spread is still a problem especially at bars, mass parties, and concerts.

Of course you do, because you hate freedom and love dictators. Again, if you don’t want to go to a restaurant, or theater, or bowling alley, or whatever, don’t. Simple as that. Let those of us who choose to do so.

Amazing how happy people in the Florida panhandle were when I visited a couple of weeks ago. Freedom does that.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:58 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:38 pm
Because I don’t believe in fear mongers? Studies show I am more likely to die in a car crash, so I guess I should never drive or ride in a car the rest of my life? Has your idol Newsom gone to any more parties recently? What about the San Jose mayor?

Aren’t you still in California? Why do you continue to hang out on a Michigan broadcasting board?
Idol?!? I can't stand Newsom. I've voted Republican or third party for every Governor race since I moved here.

To say NOW that coronavirus hasn't affected your life is ludicrous. To you go out to eat? Movies? Museums? Ball games? It's affected everybody in this world, and to claim it hasn't for you since this was posted 10 months ago just shows how full of shit you are.

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:00 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:53 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:50 pm

Of course you do, because you hate freedom and love dictators. Again, if you don’t want to go to a restaurant, or theater, or bowling alley, or whatever, don’t. Simple as that. Let those of us who choose to do so.

Amazing how happy people in the Florida panhandle were when I visited a couple of weeks ago. Freedom does that.
Oh yeah, fuck all masks and social distancing. Free dumb, brother!!!!! Let COVID spread and overrun all the hospitals, who cares if all the doctors die??? I got my oleandrin drip ready. Let's have a full Christmas and watch grandma die to ring in the new year!!! Yayyyyyy. Who needs doctors? Fuck that!

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:33 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:28 pm
Still 0.

I rated it at six, not out of fear, but out of annoyance. This has really messed up everyone's life.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:07 pm

I go out to eat in Toledo (not that far) and Fort Wayne these days, unless I am traveling. I haven’t been to a movie in five years, I’m just not a movie guy. Went to a museum a few weeks ago, and ballgames, yes I miss those, but that’s the overblown reaction of MLB. I could travel and seen an NFL or college game if I really needed to.

Honeyman, do you ever post in the broadcasting forums, which is the whole point of this website? You are nothing but a California troll.

Funny how I have traveled so much this year and still haven’t caught it. According to the media, I should have been dead five times over by now. Even if I do eventually catch it, my recovery rate is around 99.5%; as I said I am more likely to die in a car crash. Those are odds I am willing to take.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:27 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:07 pm
I go out to eat in Toledo (not that far) and Fort Wayne these days, unless I am traveling. I haven’t been to a movie in five years, I’m just not a movie guy. Went to a museum a few weeks ago, and ballgames, yes I miss those, but that’s the overblown reaction of MLB. I could travel and seen an NFL or college game if I really needed to.

Honeyman, do you ever post in the broadcasting forums, which is the whole point of this website? You are nothing but a California troll.

Funny how I have traveled so much this year and still haven’t caught it. According to the media, I should have been dead five times over by now. Even if I do eventually catch it, my recovery rate is around 99.5%; as I said I am more likely to die in a car crash. Those are odds I am willing to take.
Actually. I do comment in music threads, the other places radio forum, etc. Worked in Lansing and GR radio many years ago. Still interested in what goes on there. But I wouldn't comment about it since I know I am ignorant about the subject....unlike you who loves to spews idiocy.

I do still love Michigan sports, a die hard Tiger and Spartan fan. I can watch every game so I feel I can comment intelligently. Same with politics. I have as much right to my opinion as you do.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:54 pm

Aren't you all just winners...
According to the Johns Hopkins COVID-19 interactive map, as of today, December 4, 2020 at 8:26 AM, EDT, there have been:

• 14 149 770 confirmed cases
• 276 406 deaths
• 5 404 018 recoveries

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:38 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:27 pm
fuzzpower wrote:

Actually. I do comment in music threads, the other places radio forum, etc. Worked in Lansing and GR radio many years ago. Still interested in what goes on there. But I wouldn't comment about it since I know I am ignorant about the subject....unlike you who loves to spews idiocy.

I do still love Michigan sports, a die hard Tiger and Spartan fan. I can watch every game so I feel I can comment intelligently. Same with politics. I have as much right to my opinion as you do.
I never said you don’t have a right to an opinion, I just find it odd you go to a Michigan Broadcasting board just to talk just sports, music, and politics. I like those as well, yet I also pay attention to the actual broadcasting part since I still live here. Obviously, I follow the Detroit area the most, with Toledo second (their media stretches into Michigan). Other parts of the state I am not very well versed so I didn’t visit their pages much.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:53 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:38 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:27 pm
fuzzpower wrote:

I never said you don’t have a right to an opinion, I just find it odd you go to a Michigan Broadcasting board just to talk just sports, music, and politics. I like those as well, yet I also pay attention to the actual broadcasting part since I still live here. Obviously, I follow the Detroit area the most, with Toledo second (their media stretches into Michigan). Other parts of the state I am not very well versed so I didn’t visit their pages much.
You don't like what I post, put me on your ignore list.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:50 pm

Please add me to your ignore list as well, fuzzy.

Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:40 pm

BUMP.

On the last Saturday of January 2020, I started this thread. Interesting to reread it a year later.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:46 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:36 am
TheForce wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:18 pm
Not concerned at all. The media just over dramatizes and hypes things like this.
Often because they are pimping for the medical industry. Get Flu shots, etc...

I ain't ever had a flu shot! I rarely get sick either. I don't want anything fricking with my immune system, it can learn on it's own.

Most folks that get the flu shots are always sick.
This comment was before the departed TheForce discovered AOC, began furiously masturbating to her, and switched ideology.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:55 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:53 pm
matt1 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:39 pm
Subway restaurant in Sanford, MI (which opened in the last week of February of 2009) is closed since Friday, April 3 at 6:00 because of poor customers from where I live!! McDonalds in Sanford is still open (drive - thru or take out) from 5:00 in the morning till 11:00 at night (take out) & 12 midnight (drive thru).
Thanks for the update. We were all wondering about fast food restaurants in Sanford.
At the time MENSA member matt1 posted this, we had no idea a mere month and a half later, Sanford would be flooded. TMZ didn't even see that coming!

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:06 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:55 pm
Matt wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:53 pm
matt1 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:39 pm
Subway restaurant in Sanford, MI (which opened in the last week of February of 2009) is closed since Friday, April 3 at 6:00 because of poor customers from where I live!! McDonalds in Sanford is still open (drive - thru or take out) from 5:00 in the morning till 11:00 at night (take out) & 12 midnight (drive thru).
Thanks for the update. We were all wondering about fast food restaurants in Sanford.
At the time MENSA member matt1 posted this, we had no idea a mere month and a half later, Sanford would be flooded. TMZ didn't even see that coming!

:rollin

TMZ only covers important stories like celebrity breakups, Willie Nelson's pedicure or Barbara Walters drooling during orgasm.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic