Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

On a scale of 0-10, how worried are you about coronavirus?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: On a scale of 0-10, how worried are you about coronavirus?

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:06 pm

I’m gonna up mine from 1 to 6... nobody has told anybody to change anything at work yet but this is for 2 reasons:

1) The friggin Utah Jazz... we had them last weekend and I’ve been in close contact with people who worked that move.

2) Our charter and airport shuttle stuff has been decimated. Charters are all cancelled at customer request and the airport service will be curtailed for 30 days starting Monday. It may be a matter of time before my stuff is affected too and that would give me only 40% of my normal earnings (75% of 40 hours earnings is our guarantee vs. 60 hours a week at $16.13 an hour). With a mortgage and other bills to pay this is a serious concern.

Now you all know someone indirectly who may have been exposed to it.

Corona cases in Michigan have jumped to 12 now.

Is Trump still gonna do that rally the 19th that may bring out 20,000 bmw type folks?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

This guy is an M.D. and a former commissioner of the FDA. I am sure you are far more well schooled on the subject than he, fuzzy...but try and glean something from his words:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... Pa73Ifj2i1

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:03 pm

I still haven't started thinking in terms of contracting the disease. But I'm pretty much resigned to facing serious disruption to my usual way of life.

Looks like some dark days are coming.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:00 pm

All schools in Michigan are closed until April 6th.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:11 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:00 pm
Wow. Just heard this. Is Michigan the first state to do this?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:16 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:11 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wow. Just heard this. Is Michigan the first state to do this?
It may very well be. We really are living in one of those “what was it like?” Moments... like gas lines in the 70’s... I’m at Kroger now and they are night stocking.. the TP is being taken right off the pallets by shoppers before it can be stocked.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:31 pm

I'm a little surprised this mandate includes the Upper Peninsula where there are not yet any reported cases. This should have been left to each district to decide...maybe the state could have simply given out "snow days."

But...I guess it is what it is. You're certainly correct about the "what was it like" comment. There are a LOT of firsts nationwide.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:33 am

Ohio has also closed schools, other states are leaving it up to individual districts. Near me two or three have closed while others are considering it. In this area we have e-learning so while classrooms will be or may be closed kids will go to school via ipads and chromebooks.

kager

Post by kager » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:59 am

Rate This wrote:
Not until Monday. The Bad Things won't happen until then.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:07 am

Here are the startling projections offered by the CDC under 4 scenarios. Our hospitals can't handle the demand even as well as Italy.
Between 160 million and 214 million people in the U.S. could be infected over the course of the epidemic, according to one projection. That could last months or even over a year, with infections concentrated in shorter periods, staggered across time in different communities, experts said. As many as 200,000 to 1.7 million people could die.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/13/us/c ... e=Homepage

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:21 pm

Mrs. Nightfly just got off the phone with a friend who works in an ER in Long Beach,CA who said they have no test kits. None.

Considering Long Beach is one of America's most significant ports, with ships carrying all manner of goods (pharmaceuticals most notable for this discussion) we're looking at one more pressure point should the port workforce be disabled. Our friends advise was if you have an Rx that can be refilled, do so. Now.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:48 pm

Don't worry...

We have Vice President Bobblehead leading the charge on preparedness efforts!

Pence probably asks Trump for permission to go potty. What a fucking empty suit...

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:56 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:48 pm
Don't worry...

Pence probably asks Trump for permission to go potty. What a fucking empty suit...
Did you just hear him?!? I am honestly surprised he doesn't get on his knees and blow Trump in the Rose Garden.

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:14 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:48 pm
Don't worry...

You yourself not so long ago said this virus was no big deal. That we've had it for decades. That its just a bad strain. That the media loves to whip everyone into a frenzy. Then even a full month later you said you're now changing your opinion, but only insofar as it pertains to your personal wealth. You don't exactly have much room to be suddenly criticizing the response.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic