Acceptable registrations in the queue through November 21 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

On a scale of 0-10, how worried are you about coronavirus?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
User avatar
Honeyman
Posts: 1671
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:44 pm

On a scale of 0-10, how worried are you about coronavirus?

Post by Honeyman » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:54 am

I think I'm around a three. I'd feel better if we didn't have an idiot in the oval office.




User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 5828
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: On a scale of 0-10, how worried are you about coronavirus?

Post by audiophile » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:58 pm

0

China is a bassackward country. I friend went there to adopt a girl, she said "it's a dirty, nasty country".


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw
Posts: 2534
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: On a scale of 0-10, how worried are you about coronavirus?

Post by bmw » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:56 pm

About a 2.

Stats are hard to find, but it looks like the mortality rate for the run-of-the-mill flu is around 2% of those who get infected. Thus far, the mortality rate for the coronavirus appears to be around 3-4%.

I think the media-induced panic is a bit over-the-top, but at the same time, the powers that be certainly need to do everything possible to contain it.



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4547
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: On a scale of 0-10, how worried are you about coronavirus?

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:39 pm

About a 0.5 for me at this point.

The mainstream media like to spread panic about the latest epidemic or virus. They do it every year. They'll resort to anything to whip middle aged suburban women into a frenzy and make them pay attention to the news.

Using unfamiliar, scary sounding names is part of the gimmick.

This is basically an upper respiratory infection. And guess what? The coronavirus has been present in the United States for many, many decades!! What's going on in China is simply a severe strain of the virus.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/coronavirus#1


Rock 95.5 in Chicago is the worst sounding major market rock station in the history of corporate radio.

User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 4661
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: On a scale of 0-10, how worried are you about coronavirus?

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:06 pm

2



User avatar
TheForce
Posts: 913
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:12 pm

Re: On a scale of 0-10, how worried are you about coronavirus?

Post by TheForce » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:18 pm

Not concerned at all. The media just over dramatizes and hypes things like this.



User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 5828
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: On a scale of 0-10, how worried are you about coronavirus?

Post by audiophile » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:36 am

TheForce wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:18 pm
Not concerned at all. The media just over dramatizes and hypes things like this.
Often because they are pimping for the medical industry. Get Flu shots, etc...

I ain't ever had a flu shot! I rarely get sick either. I don't want anything fricking with my immune system, it can learn on it's own.

Most folks that get the flu shots are always sick.


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 24

Re: On a scale of 0-10, how worried are you about coronavirus?

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:55 am

I am far more worried about the flu than I am about this other virus -- and I got my flu shot several months ago, just as I always do.



User avatar
Honeyman
Posts: 1671
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: On a scale of 0-10, how worried are you about coronavirus?

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:22 am

audiophile wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:36 am
TheForce wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:18 pm
Not concerned at all. The media just over dramatizes and hypes things like this.
Often because they are pimping for the medical industry. Get Flu shots, etc...

I ain't ever had a flu shot! I rarely get sick either. I don't want anything fricking with my immune system, it can learn on it's own.

Most folks that get the flu shots are always sick.
You must still believe in potions and leeches to eradicate disease. Only idiots and Christian Scientists don't get flu shots anymore.



zzand
Posts: 756
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:16 am
Location: right here

Re: On a scale of 0-10, how worried are you about coronavirus?

Post by zzand » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:30 am

Or those who are advised doctors not to get it because of have allergy issues to ingredients in the shot. They are few and far between but they are out there. I know because I am one of them.



User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 3941
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: On a scale of 0-10, how worried are you about coronavirus?

Post by Bryce » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:50 am

I have found over the years that keeping the immune system healthy naturally, is more effective than a flu shot.

Keeping your gut bacteria growing and healthy from a good diet and vitamins.

Keeping cortisol levels low by daily exercise.

A minimum of 7 hours of good sleep each night and getting some sunlight as much as possible.

I haven't had the flu in years. Never get a shot.


I survived four years of Carter. I imagine I can survive one year of Biden and three years of Harris.

User avatar
Honeyman
Posts: 1671
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: On a scale of 0-10, how worried are you about coronavirus?

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:54 am

zzand wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:30 am
Or those who are advised doctors not to get it because of have allergy issues to ingredients in the shot. They are few and far between but they are out there. I know because I am one of them.
100% correct, zz. Sorry for the exclusion.



User avatar
Honeyman
Posts: 1671
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: On a scale of 0-10, how worried are you about coronavirus?

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:57 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:50 am
I have found over the years that keeping the immune system healthy naturally, is more effective than a flu shot.

Keeping your gut bacteria growing and healthy from a good diet and vitamins.

Keeping cortisol levels low by daily exercise.

A minimum of 7 hours of good sleep each night and getting some sunlight as much as possible.

I haven't had the flu in years. Never get a shot.
Absolutely true, Bryce. But the flu shot is still an effective protection against the virus, and it's severity.



User avatar
Honeyman
Posts: 1671
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: On a scale of 0-10, how worried are you about coronavirus?

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:49 am

Dow is sure worried....over 400 points down.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic