Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

MAGA Baby!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

MAGA Baby!

Post by Bryce » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:02 pm

For First Time in 26 Years, All U.S. Metros Enjoyed Income Gains
https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/first ... 35277.html

26 years? Hmmmm, right after the Reagan years.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Re: MAGA Baby!

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:16 pm

Aren't Democrats mostly in charge of the Metro areas?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:26 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:16 pm
Aren't Democrats mostly in charge of the Metro areas?
Bryce wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:02 pm

The Reagan presidency ended 32 years ago... more like right after the Bush 1 years... I’ve heard a lot of conservatives say that Clinton’s economy in the 90’s was set up by Reagan’s 80’s policies... if so then so was the 26 year drought in this statistic... you can’t pretend with a straight face that Reagan’s economy was flawless... it wasn’t... it was losing steam and went into recession in the early 90’s. It also was the decade that set the stage for deindustrialization and the massive transfer of wealth and the hollowing out of the middle class in the U.S.

These numbers are good, but the last jobs report had some not so good news on the wages front and soft job creation... wages are still lagging badly overall but that’s been true since the recession ended in 2009.

This is the best economy ever! How do I know that? Trump told me at one of his rallies in that informative interpretive dance routine he does... even the H*** buildup in WW2 pales in comparison to the Trump economy...

Seriously though... the economy is good but the 50’s, 60’s and 90’s were all better economies with the H*** WW2 expansion king of the hill... it’ll be 11 years in March since the great recession ended... we’re overdue... not a partisan concern here but I’m gonna throw out that the longer this goes on and the more it goes up (built on nothing but air quite frankly) the harder it’s gonna fall whenever that time comes...

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:25 am

Full Stop.

Thank you, Rate This.

Well, Bryce?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:35 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:26 pm

The Reagan presidency ended 32 years ago...
This report shows numbers from 2018, so it would be at the end of the Senior Bush presidency. The economic downturn and recession that followed took place after the "Read My Lips" tax increase.
Rate This wrote:
it was losing steam and went into recession in the early 90’s.
Bad stuff happens when you raise taxes on the middle class.
Rate This wrote:
These numbers are good, but the last jobs report had some not so good news on the wages front and soft job creation... wages are still lagging badly overall but that’s been true since the recession ended in 2009.
The numbers I see is that hourly wage growth is at 3.2 percent for the year with the largest increases happening in the low income worker sector.
Rate This wrote:
Seriously though... the economy is good but the 50’s, 60’s and 90’s were all better economies with the H*** WW2 expansion king of the hill... it’ll be 11 years in March since the great recession ended... we’re overdue... not a partisan concern here but I’m gonna throw out that the longer this goes on and the more it goes up (built on nothing but air quite frankly) the harder it’s gonna fall whenever that time comes...
Economy's do go up and down. You won't get a argument from me that eventually we will enter another recession. I don't see one in the near future however. Someone, anyone, needs to start talking about debt and federal spending VERY soon though.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:02 am

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:35 am
Rate This wrote:

The Reagan presidency ended 32 years ago...
This report shows numbers from 2018, so it would be at the end of the Senior Bush presidency. The economic downturn and recession that followed took place after the "Read My Lips" tax increase.
Rate This wrote:
it was losing steam and went into recession in the early 90’s.
Bad stuff happens when you raise taxes on the middle class.
So the tax increases were passed in November 1990. The country had an 8 month recession from August 1990 to March 1991 then recovered slowly after that. So the tax increases did not cause the recession and the next one was the one caused partially by 9/11. As a I recall Clinton raised taxes again in 1993 and the economy took off...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:47 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:02 am

As a I recall Clinton raised taxes again in 1993 and the economy took off...
The average growth rate over his first term was a solid 3.2 percent, after his tax hike. However, In 1997, at a time when the expansion was well along and economic growth should have slowed, Congress passed a modest net tax cut. The economy grew by a full percentage point-per-year faster over his second term than over Clinton's first term. So, the Boom Years of Clinton's economy really happened after the Gingrich Tax Cut.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:39 pm

Bryce wrote:

Did you see this headline?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/2020-flu-s ... lu-season/

The original headline read "Flu season may be bad due to economic reason: Full employment"

There certainly is some truth to this, but leave it to the mainstream media to find some reason why low unemployment is bad.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:47 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:39 pm
Bryce wrote:

Did you see this headline?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/2020-flu-s ... lu-season/

The original headline read "Flu season may be bad due to economic reason: Full employment"

There certainly is some truth to this, but leave it to the mainstream media to find some reason why low unemployment is bad.
That is an attention grabber.. “ how does full unemployment relate to the flu being worse? I’ll click this and find out”... no more no less...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:43 pm

MisterT

Post by MisterT » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:19 pm

The Reagan presidency ended 32 years ago... more like right after the Bush 1 years... I’ve heard a lot of conservatives say that Clinton’s economy in the 90’s was set up by Reagan’s 80’s policies... if so then so was the 26 year drought in this statistic... you can’t pretend with a straight face that Reagan’s economy was flawless... it wasn’t... it was losing steam and went into recession in the early 90’s. It also was the decade that set the stage for deindustrialization and the massive transfer of wealth and the hollowing out of the middle class in the U.S.

This is the best economy ever! How do I know that? Trump told me at one of his rallies in that informative interpretive dance routine he does... even the H*** buildup in WW2 pales in comparison to the Trump economy...

This! Couldn't agree more ratethis.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:31 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:43 pm
That’s not at all fair... he started around 4.5%... meaningless statistics... the economy is back to the oft decried (by you especially) 2% GDP “new normal” Obama talked about... a developed economy like ours doesn’t have room or demand enough to sustain 3 or 4 or 5% growth. The sugar high of the tax cuts has worn off and we are right back to where we were...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic