Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

You should refuse Michigan’s new roadside drug tests

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

You should refuse Michigan’s new roadside drug tests

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:08 pm

In the first year of the drug test the accuracy was marginal. I'm all for stopping impaired drivers, but if it doesn't work, find a better test.
THC, the psychoactive compound in marijuana, was the most prevalent drug found by the roadside tests, identified in 74 cases. In 11 of those cases, however, THC wasn’t found in subsequent blood analysis.

Why spend half a million dollars on a test that produces inaccurate results.
Multiple defense attorneys say they would advise their clients refuse Michigan’s new statewide roadside drug tests. They’re too untrustworthy, they say.

The penalty for refusing the test is a civil infraction, the fine for which varies by community, but it’s a better option than having unreliable results used to prosecute you in court, said Michael Komorn, a Farmington Hills-based drugged- and drunk-driving attorney, who also specializes in marijuana law.
https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2 ... tests.html

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic