Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Eddie Murphy on "SNL"

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
km1125

Re: Eddie Murphy on "SNL"

Post by km1125 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:49 pm

TheForce wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:28 am
Glad you brought that up about the late night shows. They are just as bad, if not worse than SNL. First thing out of their mouths..today President Trump this or that. Extremely lazy writing. I stopped watching late shows after Letterman and Leno were gone. After that I'd only tune in if there were a guest I wanted to see.
Letterman's last several years weren't much better than Kimmel or Colbert. I used to really like watching him and his creativity, but he 'jumped the shark' and was overdue to retire for several years.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:52 pm

That SNL clip pretty much tanked too.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:26 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:16 pm
(which is a shame because I enjoyed Kimmel back during his days on Win Ben Stein's money and even during his brief stint for Fox doing NFL picks).
Ever notice that the "left wing darling" Kimmel or his people, never ever bring up "The Man Show" with the beer swilling and large breasted women jumping on trampolines?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:46 am

Our jokes here in Chatterbox are funnier than SNL.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:52 am

Let's not forget about the time Kimmel did a comedy sketch in blackface.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:41 am

Maybe it was digitally altered? Either way the fake outrage is silly.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:57 am

No sketches or any mentions of any kind this weekend about Nancy Pelosi during the SOTU Address. She sits there all night fidgeting and then tears up the speech - an absolute gold mine as far as sketch comedy or lampooning is concerned, and SNL doesn't have the guts to touch it.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:38 am

That had to be a management call. As in NBC management. I can’t imagine LM telling the cast he personally was banning that Pelosi-Trump H-U-G-E visual historic grist from the SNL political comedy mill.

In fact I bet those writers slammed into that writer’s room the next day with all kinds of jokes and sketch scripts they’d thought of.

No. THAT decision had to be from Mr. Big (in Frostbite Falls.)

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:54 pm

screen glare wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:38 am
That had to be a management call. As in NBC management. I can’t imagine LM telling the cast he personally was banning that Pelosi-Trump H-U-G-E visual historic grist from the SNL political comedy mill.

In fact I bet those writers slammed into that writer’s room the next day with all kinds of jokes and sketch scripts they’d thought of.

No. THAT decision had to be from Mr. Big (in Frostbite Falls.)
Could be higher than that. She has some friends in Philly.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic